21 - Frenkie de Jong

Alik

And do what? Come up with bullshit stories everyone can see past?

No the Dutch are direct, specific and not full of bullshit like many Spanish or Italians for example.

I'm glad that I'm Dutch, makes communicating so much less fake and easier.
We just say what we want to say in the most clear and direct way possible. Love it.

Imagine communicating in a culture where yes means no and no means yes. I'm looking at you Japan. Hmmm...

In my experience, the spaniards are normally direct.

Tazim

I don't agree with what De Jong said. He shouldn't have gone public with this, it's only a pre season game

In Holland its pretty normal that players are honest after a game.. Frenkie always says what he thinks and he has a very clear vision about the game.. in dutch he is even more specific about tactics.. I watched all his interviews the last 2 seasons with Ajax.. I hope he stays the same with Barca..

Tazim

No the Dutch are direct, specific and not full of bullshit like many Spanish or Italians for example.

We just say what we want to say in the most clear and direct way possible. Love it.

Imagine communicating in a culture where yes means no and no means yes. I'm looking at you Japan. Hmmm...

oh haha jij was me al voor ;) (translation: oh haha you said the same thing)

booge

At Ajax they had a 5 sec rule. When you lose the ball, regain it within 5 seconds (no matter what).

Doesn't always work. But the intention is always there...
Compact, high, aggressive pressing. It's a kamikaze tactic. But that's how they learn it at Ajax.

So i know what Frenkie is talking about.

Raki will never rewin a ball within 5 sec. Which will make it harder for Frenkie.

True at raki rewin ball within 5 seconds. I bet when de jong told raki about this ajax rule, raki told him to shut the fuck up and take his seat in the dressing room

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Gross misunderstanding about Japan you have there, apparently. Just because some folks are less direct than others it doesn't mean yes means no and no means yes.

JPM85

Watching the game yesterday, I really believe he should be more into an attacking role.

Our build up play is much more different then he was used with Ajax. Yesterday was really shocking the build up went from Pique to Rakitic way too much. Our DM is much more of a defending type of role, then how the midfield from Ajax / NL team are set-up.
You could see him demanding the ball often, yet Pique sent him forward or just passed the ball to Rakitic.

Midfield positions really should be Busquets/Vidal in DM, de Jong/Arthur/Rakitic/Puig/Alena in the CM roles (also that order in the pecking order). This way de Jong can link up much better with Messi/Griezmann than being able in the DM role.

khaled_a_d

In my experience, the spaniards are normally direct.

They are very direct actually, at least from the small sample size I had to deal with (through web, couple of courses with Cervantes and during my time in Scotland)
That being said, the club here -and generally in Spain- prefers to be more diplomatic when talking about internal stuff.
Alves didn't stick to it and it that didn't earn him fans here. Once he was declining the club couldn't wait for his departure unlike our normal player friendly approach.
FDJ will learn that soon, like most -if not all- the Dutch players we had here

Gaudi

Wait, he said we play to slow? :lol: He doesn't know what slow is, wait till EV masterclass with Busi and Raki is all in!

The Observer

Players say stuff like "we didn't move the ball fast enough", "we did not press hard enough" all the time. What's the point of discussion here?

Home of Barca Fans