21 - Frenkie de Jong

Raketa10

[tw]1012236342380523523[/tw]
-Barça’s intentions are crystal clear: to lock de Jong up so other clubs don’t sign him, and secure his signature for the club. Frenkie will continue at Ajax for another year to gain experience after coming off an ankle injury. [md]

-Barça want to secure his signing now because Ronald Koeman will play him as a starter and will have many suitors waiting for him. Ajax know this because Robert Fernández communicated it to Marc Overmars, their sporting director, months ago. [md]

-Frenkie de Jong wants to play for Barcelona, the club he’s most attracted to, but doesn’t want to leave Ajax on bad terms. [md]

-Pep Segura bets on him and the club even asked expert agent Rob Jansen to mediate for the club. Ajax is now more willing to sell Matthjis de Ligt than de Jong. The solution could be to sign a preferential midfielder like they did with Arthur. [md]

I hope we secure him ASAP.

Donatello

May sources are reporting that De ligt is off to Juve.

Plus, I heard Ajax are more willing to sell De ligt than De jong. So, any club has higher chances of landing De ligt, compared to De jong.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I hope we can close the deal for him this summer but as things stand right now there are no news...

I'm unsure whether his arrival would be this summer or next, but there has been a steady stream of news. Just yesterday on MD it said Ajax are preparing themselves in case he forces his way out this summer, and that they are interested in Daley Blind. There's reports every couple of days or once a week for the past month now.

I hope we seal him up if not this summer then next, and I hope he really gets a chance to fight for a spot as soon as he gets here. As I said before, it is time to aggressively commit to youth and quality of which De Jong has in spades. The midfield simply cannot continue to exist as is. Rakitic has some great qualities as a player but he is sorely lacking in some crucial areas that we need to succeed at the next level. Giving Arthur and De Jong fair shots will show us what could be if we move on from Rakitic and it'll also encourage him to improve/compete for his spot.

Vilarrubi

The midfield simply cannot continue to exist as is. Rakitic has some great qualities as a player but he is sorely lacking in some crucial areas that we need to succeed at the next level. Giving Arthur and De Jong fair shots will show us what could be if we move on from Rakitic and it'll also encourage him to improve/compete for his spot.

Will they get a good enough amount of minutes though? Doubt it... we've seen Valverde's lack of rotation.

As for Rakitic improving or competing for his spot... it's not that he just isn't a good fit for us now, more or less ineffective against teams who press high or park the bus. There's lots of players who could do what he does.. he works better in more open games like we've seen for Croatia.

I'd rather get someone to take his spot who can be a starter... don't see it happening though.

Raketa10

Will they get a good enough amount of minutes though? Doubt it... we've seen Valverde's lack of rotation.

As for Rakitic improving or competing for his spot... it's not that he just isn't a good fit for us now, more or less ineffective against teams who press high or park the bus. There's lots of players who could do what he does.. he works better in more open games like we've seen for Croatia.

I'd rather get someone to take his spot who can be a starter... don't see it happening though.

The amount of bullshit in this forum is sometimes enormous. You have a zero respect for a player who was absolutely great during the last year, but you will sing the song about Eriksen on the other side! :puke:

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

The amount of bullshit in this forum is sometimes enormous. You have a zero respect for a player who was absolutely great during the last year, but you will sing the song about Eriksen on the other side! :puke:

LOL You're the one with the bullshit.... yesterday you went from Eriksen NEVER performs in big games... multiple posters told you he does.. then you backtracked "Well... well... he needs to do it more often" :lol: :lol: completely embarrassed yourself tbh.

And aren't you Croatian? That pretty much counts you out of an argument against Rakitic as your obviously going to defend him.

Raketa10

LOL You're the one with the bullshit.... yesterday you went from Eriksen NEVER performs in big games... multiple posters told you he does.. then you backtracked "Well... well... he needs to do it more often" :lol: :lol: completely embarrassed yourself tbh.

And aren't you Croatian? That pretty much counts you out of an argument against Rakitic as your obviously going to defend him.

LOL what a stupid argument! I am Croatian so I can not defend Rakitic? Dude I am a Croatian but I was the one who first said that I would sell Rakitic if a good offer comes this summer and if we can find a proper replacement. But saying that anyone can do what he does is the BIGGEST FUCKING BULLSHIT EVER! Stop embarrassing yourself. I will defend Rakitic but not because I am Croatian but because he really had a superb season and he deserves a bit of respect for what he did here in 2014/15 and 2017/18 season.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

LOL what a stupid argument! I am Croatian so I can not defend Rakitic? Dude I am a Croatian but I was the one who first said that I would sell Rakitic if a good offer comes this summer and if we can find a proper replacement. But saying that anyone can do what he does is the BIGGEST FUCKING BULLSHIT EVER! Stop embarrassing yourself.

Not saying you can't defend him at all... but more likely to have a biased view of him, most likely. Glad you think that, I agree.

I don't know where this theory that I have "zero respect" comes from... well I do because you are more offended because he's Croatian.. but I never said I didn't respect him or anything of the sort so don't make things up.

For me Rakitic is pretty good defensively, I like his passing accuracy but a lot of it is backwards and sideways and he doesn't take enough risks with passes.. the transition from defence to attack is down to the CM's, getting the ball to Messi and co in that pocket between oppositions defence and midfield is key for us and Rakitic doesn't do this anywhere near enough. Definitely not embarrassing myself, you did enough of that yesterday.

Raketa10

Not saying you can't defend him at all... but more likely to have a biased view of him, most likely. Glad you think that, I agree.

I don't know where this theory that I have "zero respect" comes from... well I do because you are more offended because he's Croatian.. but I never said I didn't respect him or anything of the sort so don't make things up.

For me Rakitic is pretty good defensively, I like his passing accuracy but a lot of it is backwards and sideways and he doesn't take enough risks with passes.. the transition from defence to attack is down to the CM's, getting the ball to Messi and co in that pocket between oppositions defence and midfield is key for us and Rakitic doesn't do this anywhere near enough. Definitely not embarrassing myself, you did enough of that yesterday.

He was playing basically as a second DM player last season. So how many RISKS did Busi take alongside him last season? As a second DM or double pivot your job is to play safe and not take a risk with majority of your passes. It's also a decision of a manager not player's alone. Did you even watch him with Sevilla? Ever? Do you watch him with Coratia? If you did you would know that not taking a risks is not his decision alone but it's also a clear result from a manager and coaching stuff. You want our midfielders to take more risks? OK but when we lose the ball and it results with counterattack who will run back in defense? Messi??? Dembele??? Suarez??? Coutinho??? All of those guys are pretty much ineffective in defense and so is Roberto on the right side so you have to be cautious while playing as a DM. We are playing like this because we must not because we don't like playing forward passes.

And regarding your comment about Eriksen that I embarrassed myself, sorry but I dodn't he clearly isn't on the level some of you are claiming he is, but we'll talk about him when he lift's his first trophy with Tottenham or some other bigger team or leads his team to some significant achievement until that I can only agree with you that we have different opinions on him.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans