21 - Frenkie de Jong

serghei

Haha for sure. I think our culture inside the team is too relaxed. No one is thriving to become better anymore and it affects the new guys too. Almost all the new players who came became worse. Frenkie, Arthur, Dembele etc. Lately we have done good job with defenseman and goalies. Probably because they have to save Messi kicks and take his dribbles. Otherwise we are pretty shit developing anything, I think it's from this attitude from the seniors hurting the younger ones.

And this will continue. No matter who we bring, as long as the system and the culture are bad, and catering to veterans and slowing the game down to their rhythm, the younger players will get worse.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What we've done with FDJ by signing him and still pandering to Busquets is the equivalent of hiring a driver and not giving him the keys to the car.

The midfield should be built around FDJ to get the very best out of him, as that is exactly the role he was shown to thrive in. Runners and movers around him, allowing him to drive the ball forward from deep areas and follow up on his passes to create numerical advantage.

I still think we need to revisit the idea of at least a quasi-double pivot with him and Vidal (or a Vidal type of player) with Puig ahead. Doesn't really matter if it's a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 but as long as FDJ plays the game from deeper, and spends basically 100% of the time facing the goal and driving vertically rather than with his back to it, as well as a player next to him who can act as a defensive support.

Still don't see why we haven't looked at Van de Beek. He is literally perfect for that role and already has a proven chemistry with Frenkie.

snowy

What we've done with FDJ by signing him and still pandering to Busquets is the equivalent of hiring a driver and not giving him the keys to the car.

The midfield should be built around FDJ to get the very best out of him, as that is exactly the role he was shown to thrive in. Runners and movers around him, allowing him to drive the ball forward from deep areas and follow up on his passes to create numerical advantage.

I still think we need to revisit the idea of at least a quasi-double pivot with him and Vidal (or a Vidal type of player) with Puig ahead. Doesn't really matter if it's a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 but as long as FDJ plays the game from deeper, and spends basically 100% of the time facing the goal and driving vertically rather than with his back to it, as well as a player next to him who can act as a defensive support.

Still don't see why we haven't looked at Van de Beek. He is literally perfect for that role and already has a proven chemistry with Frenkie.

Camavinga would be perfect for that double P support. He's got crazy "smart" quick feet that are so good at winning balls without drawing fouls.

And he runs like he's 3 lungs like Ngolo :thumbsup:

Go with Puig as the 3rd creative dude. Havertz would be ideal but we should secure a top CB first!

If poppa Perez signs'em both, I'd go berserk [er] |

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avxlt6nxYNI

Donatello

Camavinga would be perfect for that double P support. He's got crazy "smart" quick feet that are so good at winning balls without drawing fouls.

And he runs like he's 3 lungs like Ngolo :thumbsup:

Go with Puig as the 3rd creative dude. Havertz would be ideal but we should secure a top CB first!

If poppa Perez signs'em both, I'd go berserk [er] |

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avxlt6nxYNI

He will,

His next targets are Mbappe, Havertz, Haaland and Camavinga, all top ones.

And the best part, we're not linked with even one of the above, neither it seems we're interested either.

snowy

lol thx for the coup de gr?ce!

Haven't seen Haaland enough but I think he also does it. Mbapp, Hav and Camav are really good at 1-2s and making themselves available immediately after a pass for quick combos and run between lanes / behind lines...

Dej's stats would be insane with these guys. Real's gonna have to throw mega raves at night to get the money for all 4 though

I can allready see, this guy going to Juve with De Light because here just sucks. Barca getting old players, or overpaid players. Barca use only old players and the worst thing is, if they use new players - they use them all wrong. So if he leaves in 1 or maybe 2 years it would not surprise me, as things stand now.
As I've said, in a cuple of years Barca is going to be like AC Milan. Stuck in the middle of table, getting nothing and hope for better times. They have allready make mistake with youngsters, after great La Masia team (Puyol,Pique,Xavi,Iniesta,Messi etc.). So now we have oldies and losing some shitty games which a few years ago were so simple to winn.

Richard.H

I can allready see, this guy going to Juve with De Light because here just sucks. Barca getting old players, or overpaid players. Barca use only old players and the worst thing is, if they use new players - they use them all wrong. So if he leaves in 1 or maybe 2 years it would not surprise me, as things stand now.
As I've said, in a cuple of years Barca is going to be like AC Milan. Stuck in the middle of table, getting nothing and hope for better times. They have allready make mistake with youngsters, after great La Masia team (Puyol,Pique,Xavi,Iniesta,Messi etc.). So now we have oldies and losing some shitty games which a few years ago were so simple to winn.

I fear for the future of this club too but I doubt we will sink that low. I am sure with a proper board we can start redeveloping with sporting projects as the top priority. Right now it doesn't seem like the club front office is prioritizing the longetivity of the club.

As for FDJ he will stay if he's smart. One more year and this board is (hopefully) gone.

I fear for the future of this club too but I doubt we will sink that low. I am sure with a proper board we can start redeveloping with sporting projects as the top priority. Right now it doesn't seem like the club front office is prioritizing the longetivity of the club.

As for FDJ he will stay if he's smart. One more year and this board is (hopefully) gone.

What Barca need is riot. Suck this board and almost everyone and create a new era. This what is happening is not normal and I think if it continues, it won't be any good.
Barca will not winin the league, there will be no victory in the champions league and in essence there will be no trophies won.

Kul_z

What Barca need is riot. Suck this board and almost everyone and create a new era. This what is happening is not normal and I think if it continues, it won't be any good.
Barca will not winin the league, there will be no victory in the champions league and in essence there will be no trophies won.

We are sucking big time to this board, and as it seems they are enjoying themselves.

Messi983

As much as I miss him we shouldn't rush him back and risk any potential longterm injury problems. This season is over.

Let's continue to give minutes to Puig. Because yeah, he'll be the one losing his spot in the lineup when FDJ returns.

Home of Barca Fans