21 - Frenkie de Jong

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Made many subtle complains about EV, which even if you don't like him isn't appropriate to happen from new player. Then posting "happy pictures" when he was fired.
Complained about how other teams played, and now this complains about medical staff. Don't know man but that is a bit too much for my liking.

He complained about Getafe, but so does everyone, even Atletico players who play a similar style have complained about them.

As for everything else then this guy has incredibly high standards for himself and his team. I don't mind him pushing for the team and club to do better and being outspoken about it.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Made many subtle complains about EV, which even if you don't like him isn't appropriate to happen from new player. Then posting "happy pictures" when he was fired.
Complained about how other teams played, and now this complains about medical staff. Don't know man but that is a bit too much for my liking.

You clearly just want a boot-licker who is happy with this abysmal status quo we have at the club.

I'd rather the club listen to every single word that FDJ has to say rather than he obey ANYTHING from them. Their authority has led to him being shoved into an unnatural role and not giving him any of the kind of responsibility he had at Ajax or Netherlands.

khaled_a_d

To me this sounds likr he wants to win and wants the best for the team. Maybe not so positive way of it but he wants the best for this team.

I am not doubting his heart, he just need to handle things a bit differently when it doesn't go his way.

You clearly just want a boot-licker who is happy with this abysmal status quo we have at the club.

I'd rather the club listen to every single word that FDJ has to say rather than he obey ANYTHING from them

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
No, I just want someone who handles things internally. And not complain or use social media the wrong way.
And yeah, club obeying players is great thing, we saw that in the club already. :banghead:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I am not doubting his heart, he just need to handle things a bit differently when it doesn't go his way.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
No, I just want someone who handles things internally. And not complain or use social media the wrong way.
And yeah, club obeying players is great thing, we saw that in the club already. :banghead:

Club obeying players is a bad thing in general but definitely not in the case of FDJ. From day 1 it was clear this guy has ambition and high standards even for himself along with the team. Every time asked about his performance he always says he has way more to give and he is not lazy, entitled, or whatever. He wants to win, he wants to play hard and leave it all on the pitch and he clearly has been disillusioned to find that most people at Barca do not share his drive.

The club obviously needs to do a 180 when it comes to practically everything, and they should follow the examples of the players or staff that lead that to happen.

It's guys like MATS that should be 4th captain (or even straight up captain in my book) and if it were up to me, FDJ would be one of the 4 captains from day one too. We need leaders with balls and real attitude. Not guys who are just "happy to be here" and content in their starting role at "the best club in the world".

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
The day I realize the club managed to break Frenkies spirit is the day I will fear the future of this club.

serghei

The day I realize the club managed to break Frenkies spirit is the day I will fear the future of this club.

Frenkie's performances dropped compared to his Ajax games. The club is using him poorly. Like they do with nearly all young players.

Some more seasons like that and his spirit will fade in the end.

FinBarcelonafan

Frenkie's performances dropped compared to his Ajax games, and the team is better. The club is using him poorly. Like they do with nearly all young players.

Damn, I love watching Ajax play. Their brand of football is just exciting. We should build similar profile. Frenkie is playing much worse than back then. Ajax was made for him. Barca is made for Messi. Boring and slow possession (outside of Messi). I think we could be better team if we had more legs, quicker passes etc. Even with Messi. Now everyone is slow.

serghei

Damn, I love watching Ajax play. Their brand of football is just exciting. We should build similar profile. Frenkie is playing much worse than back then. Ajax was made for him. Barca is made for Messi. Boring and slow possession (outside of Messi). I think we could be better team if we had more legs, quicker passes etc. Even with Messi. Now everyone is slow.

Yea, basically, the quality of the players he plays with went up a lot after moving at Barcelona. But every team-related component that made Frenkie play great at Ajax went down a lot. Pressing, speed, movement, hunger to win, cohesive tactics. Another proof that these team values matter a lot and are in the end more valuable for a young player's development than star veterans.

FinBarcelonafan

Yea, basically, the quality of the players he plays with went up a lot after moving at Barcelona. But every team-related component that made Frenkie play great at Ajax went down a lot. Pressing, speed, movement, hunger to win, cohesive tactics. Another proof that these team values matter a lot and are in the end more valuable for a young player's development than star veterans.

Exactly. Didn't Frenkie even talk about hiring special PT to keep up his physical condition? Sounds pretty alarming. I guess the grandpa's don't offer him enough physical challenge.

serghei

Exactly. Didn't Frenkie even talk about hiring special PT to keep up his physical condition? Sounds pretty alarming. I guess the grandpa's don't offer him enough physical challenge.

His blood is probably boiling when he sees us slowing down when we have options to counter because more than half the team is made of old, slow players who can't run anymore :lol:.

FinBarcelonafan

His blood is probably boiling when he sees us slowing down when we have options to counter because more than half the team is made of old, slow players who can't run anymore :lol:.

Haha for sure. I think our culture inside the team is too relaxed. No one is thriving to become better anymore and it affects the new guys too. Almost all the new players who came became worse. Frenkie, Arthur, Dembele etc. Lately we have done good job with defenseman and goalies. Probably because they have to save Messi kicks and take his dribbles. Otherwise we are pretty shit developing anything, I think it's from this attitude from the seniors hurting the younger ones.

Home of Barca Fans