21 - Frenkie de Jong

khaled_a_d

You've constantly mocked the idea of signing De Jong. I havent seen anyone say that Busi, Messi, Coutinho etc should be benched so Oriol, Alena etc can play with De Jong. Thats just something you make up. But if you're fine with signing De Jong and now claim he is a young player with world class skills, then thats certainly a different tune from you.

Hmmm, FDJ was one of few players BBZ talked positevely about although he had his reservation about him trying to assist in every attack or something like that

Jombi

Hmmm, FDJ was one of few players BBZ talked positevely about although he had his reservation about him trying to assist in every attack or something like that

What? Are you talking about that daft comment he made from a De Jong youtube video? Or something else? He's been mocking the idea of signing De Jong for almost a year now, always bringing up those irrelevant transfers from eons ago.

khaled_a_d

What? Are you talking about that daft comment he made from a De Jong youtube video? Or something else? He's been mocking the idea of signing De Jong for almost a year now, always bringing up those irrelevant transfers from eons ago.

People says a lot of things during a year, but I remember him quoting donandres about him(DA) giving BBz high hopes for FDJ.
Remember he has spoken well about him several times, not saying he didn't say what you claim, could have done both in coarse of season so his response today isn't surprising at all

Jombi

People says a lot of things during a year, but I remember him quoting donandres about him(DA) giving BBz high hopes for FDJ.
Remember he has spoken well about him several times, not saying he didn't say what you claim, could have done both in coarse of season so his response today isn't surprising at all

He has been very consistent about De Jong as far as I've seen, whether one year ago, 6 months ago or today. Portraying him as a future flop if we sign him, "a 19 year old kid" who in the unlikely event he'll become good enough for a team of Barca's stature, it will take at least 5 years.

BBZ8800

You've constantly mocked the idea of signing De Jong. I havent seen anyone say that Busi, Messi, Coutinho etc should be benched so Oriol, Alena etc can play with De Jong. Thats just something you make up. But if you're fine with signing De Jong and now claim he is a young player with world class skills, then thats certainly a different tune from you.

They wouldn't bench those guys now.
My point is and my view is that in 5 years you can't play Oriol-Alena-Arthur-Frenkie.
That's too much technique, not enough muscles, defending, thugs. So we need at least one Vidal or Rakitic.

Currently, if I had to pick one, I would pick Frenkie over Arthur, Alena and similar.
But again, only if paired with one different type of a player in midfield.

I know that he is a Cb and a pivot and that he can work and defend. But if he will be our most muscled guy, we are in problems.

If possible, please stop with Parejo thing.
Nobody wants him.
Probably neither his manager.

Jombi

My point is and my view is that in 5 years you can't play Oriol-Alena-Arthur-Frenkie.
That's too much technique, not enough muscles, defending, thugs. So we need at least one Vidal or Rakitic.

Currently, if I had to pick one, I would pick Frenkie over Arthur, Alena and similar.

I know that he is a Cb and a pivot and that he can work and defend. But if he will be our most muscled guy, we are in problems.

Nobody wants him.

Who says Alena, Oriol or whatever should be starters 5 years from now? Its totally irrelevant. We are discussing De Jong. Not transfers from 20 years ago. Not whether Oriol will be a starter 5 years from now. I've said La Masia has been dead for ten years. That should show you how much belief I have in any of these players being starters. But if De Jong no longer need 5 years until he can even hope to become a starter for us, it certainly shows you are evolving at least.

gasgas

Nobody wants him.

Parejo Parejo Parejo :pep:

Gnidrologist

Goddamn Parejo fans.
icon_mad.gif

Sorin

De Jong must be bought at all costs. He has that acceleration that we lack when we try to build from the back. Not to mention the passes between the lines.

Strangely enough De Ligt has been rather poor.

Moe