21 - Frenkie de Jong

soul24rage

EDJ9TyBXoAA4PCE.jpg

xavisionary

Looks like he needs to add a bit of muscle. Look at the way D10S' suit is cut compared to Frenkie's. Also compare and contrast the ties. The GOAT's is immaculate, the young Dutchman's a little on the scruffy side.

Total-Football

buskets dejong arthur all three excellent players.. but almost excel at the same thing.. taking the ball from defense under pressure and distribute it safely, albeit with different characteristics (de jong having good acceleration for instance). This showed vs betis..when de jong took an advanced role to what he is used to he never knew how to attack the opposite box and he kept it to safe distribution. This is a real issue. I think Dejong honestly has the same profile as buskets, an upgrade on him currently. But i dont see how the two should play together. hell even dejong raki makes more sense. I think my ideal midfield trio on the long run is: De jong arthur Roberto. it s a dynamic midifield with attacking minded player like roberto pushing things forward, if only by making runs inside the box.

AjaxAmsterdam

buskets dejong arthur all three excellent players.. but almost excel at the same thing.. taking the ball from defense under pressure and distribute it safely, albeit with different characteristics (de jong having good acceleration for instance). This showed vs betis..when de jong took an advanced role to what he is used to he never knew how to attack the opposite box and he kept it to safe distribution. This is a real issue. I think Dejong honestly has the same profile as buskets, an upgrade on him currently. But i dont see how the two should play together. hell even dejong raki makes more sense. I think my ideal midfield trio on the long run is: De jong arthur Roberto. it s a dynamic midifield with attacking minded player like roberto pushing things forward, if only by making runs inside the box.

Totally agree, this trying to make De Jong into something he is not (attacking midfielder) is almost disrespectfull towards how good he is at being a deep lying playmaker.
Currently a rotation between busquets and de jong would be best for DM (while de Jong gets to know Barca) untill he can completely take on that role on his own.

If we looking at getting the most out of De Jong he works best with another dm next to him and a higly mobile attacking minded player. The way I see it that would be a midfield of De Jong-Arthur-Sergi (this would be a great anti pressing midfield capable of doing pressing themselves).
Now if we look at matches vs negative playing teams I think a solid case can be made for Rakitic. I know hes hated here but he had a decent preseason and when midfield operates close to opposing goal there is no denying hes more capable then De Jong.

Ajaxwatcher

FDJ isn't an attacking midfielder. He could play als a LCM, but then as the one who gets involved the most in controlling the game. In his own unique way he can dribble and pass with great accuracy. But he need a more attacking player on the midfield next to him of in front of him. With Ajax he used to play as a LCM with an number '10' in front of him (VD Beek). With Barca it could be:

---Griezmann---
De Jong - Arthur

Or maybe Rafinha as a 10, or Arthur as a 10 with Busquets/Sergi Roberto next to him.

But, when playing with a '6', he should be a player with a little bit of freedom in building up and progressing the game upfront and sometimes control the game. He should be the player with the most contacts on the ball, as your 'tiki-taka'-leader.

Home of Barca Fans