21 - Frenkie de Jong

jairzinho

Maybe but.... And this is a BIG but... Vidal has lungs, passion, agression, motivation and doesn't dive like a pu..... That's why I would like to see him rather than Busipu**y in starting 11.
And this youg guy is Barca future... He feels so comfortable and convenient playing for his age I just can't believe.

Vidal has the lungs to push forward but he can also play as a destroyer. I would put him at DM and the ball playing midfielders Arthur and Frenkie in front. In a 4-3-3 that is. But then again most people would say a destroyer as pivot is not the Barca way.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'd also play Arthur-FDJ-Vidal ideally.

FDJ and Arthur alone can outplay any team in Europe in terms of possession and breaking a press. We have support players like Alba/Griez/Messi/etc. to help there too. Vidal is a good off ball player who can also help to add numbers in attacking transition, especially with guys like FDJ there to create transition opportunities.

In Vidal and FDJ we have 2 of the best duel winners in Europe, and Arthur improves every day defensively and looked great at Copa America.

Additionally, this role IMO gives Frenkie the most freedom to move anywhere on the pitch he wants to because he can easily push forward whenever he wants and have Vidal cover his back. Frenkie is the kind of player to average above 80 touches per game comfortably, like Thiago/Xavi/Verratti. We need to use that to its full potential. He is a pure force of ball progression from either our own box when we play out the back all the way to the opposition 3rd where he was feeding Semedo/Rafinha consistently. Messi and Griez are never going to lack for service in dangerous attacking areas with Frenkie out there running the midfield.

Put Frenkie next to the right guys and we go from one of the worst midfields of top clubs to the very best.

gregorrin10

[tw]1153672066455015430[/tw]

World class player.

Stunning.

Incredible stuff. Not one back pass. Only looking forward. Always. Only if it's not possible, he passes sideways. While Rakitic only passes sideways when the other team is pressing enough and he can't pass back. He looks like fucking trash compared to this. Hopefully he watches this video and just gives up.

Tackle

You can already tell the lad is levels above Arthur.

Poise, technique, work rate, progressive passing, physicality, interceptions etc.

He is the complete package.

The only talent/young player currently at the club I would bet on making it.

xXKonan

Arthur and Frenkie are so good that they make Rakitic look like your standard fodder.

Can't wait for those two to partner up.

Like I said a few weeks ago he is the only reason why I think Barca can win the UCL. Otherwise I dont trust any player anymore(beside Messi), they have disappoint me too often.

AjaxAmsterdam

I really wonder how he gonna fit in barca next season.

There is a reason he only broke through very late for a dutch player, for all his qualities he has some obvious weaknesses but ten Hag saw the quality and changed up the Ajax system to fit him.

His biggest weakness is as ten Hag puts it "frenkie likes to go on adventure" leaving the space behind him ripe for counters, ten Hag adressed this by playing with a double DM (to cover for frenkie).
Second biggest weakness is he is always looking for a forward pass and when 1 is not there he takes his time on the ball slowing down play tremendously, ten Hag adressed this by having lots of forward movement and chosing for light weight players with tons of movement (neres, vd beek,tadic) that way frenkie can play forward.

Barca often find themselves against parked busses so double DM is not an option. Plus barca forwards lack 1 quality in general and thats movement (pressing aswell as off the ball offensively) from what ive seen this year, correct me if im wrong. (barca forwards are much better in quality then Ajax though so its not an attack on them). Griezmann helps with that now for sure but 1 guy moving isnt enough.

Koeman was able to copy paste ajax tactics for the netherlands since we find ourselves against opponents that want to play football leaving that space for frenkie and making double dm less redundant. Valverde's tactical acumen will be tested cause he will most likely have to find a new role for frenkie probably as CM.

kattanib

I really wonder how he gonna fit in barca next season.

There is a reason he only broke through very late for a dutch player, for all his qualities he has some obvious weaknesses but ten Hag saw the quality and changed up the Ajax system to fit him.

His biggest weakness is as ten Hag puts it "frenkie likes to go on adventure" leaving the space behind him ripe for counters, ten Hag adressed this by playing with a double DM (to cover for frenkie).
Second biggest weakness is he is always looking for a forward pass and when 1 is not there he takes his time on the ball slowing down play tremendously, ten Hag adressed this by having lots of forward movement and chosing for light weight players with tons of movement (neres, vd beek,tadic) that way frenkie can play forward.

Barca often find themselves against parked busses so double DM is not an option. Plus barca forwards lack 1 quality in general and thats movement (pressing aswell as off the ball offensively) from what ive seen this year, correct me if im wrong. (barca forwards are much better in quality then Ajax though so its not an attack on them). Griezmann helps with that now for sure but 1 guy moving isnt enough.

Koeman was able to copy paste ajax tactics for the netherlands since we find ourselves against opponents that want to play football leaving that space for frenkie and making double dm less redundant. Valverde's tactical acumen will be tested cause he will most likely have to find a new role for frenkie probably as CM.

These are big claims to say that a coach changed the way his team play in the pitch to accommodate for Frankies needs. Are these facts or your opinion? There is a huge difference between both

AjaxAmsterdam

These are big claims to say that a coach changed the way his team play in the pitch to accommodate for Frankies needs. Are these facts or your opinion? There is a huge difference between both

Ow its fact you can google it, he said it multiple times . The fact that he was willing to do that shows you how high he rated frenkie.

Found the interview its with ajax tv in dutch. Was on the 25th of may if you wanna listen with a crappy youtube translation.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

What is on that Chelsea clip he really takes his time on the ball. He plays nice and easy. But it is not like "what will I do and waiting for help" slow players type.

He plays nice and easy with confidence on the ball. Waiting and holding the ball for the forward pass.

He also alway changes position for 1-2 passing and offers himself.

THis looks promising... My concern is what will be against A) high speed pressing B) parked bus.

I take a lot of faith in him and Arthur +3rd whoever (please no Roberto). Hope I am not wrong. Please make it happen.

Home of Barca Fans