21 - Frenkie de Jong

God Serena

People sure are a whole lot mad around here then. Like, full-time mad. It must be rough being this mad.

Meltdowns here are fun. Whether you're part of it, against it, or just watching the forum burn. It's mad fun. I can be your guide next time it happens. It shouldn't take too long for the next one.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I love how these journalists cannot even get a report right, but now they are experts on Barca's finances and what we need to do or not to balance the books.

BBZ8800

Rakitic, Vidal, Coutinho, Malcom, Denis, Rafinha, Samper.

Not all, but a lot of them will be sold.

Btw, does anyone think that securing De Jong now might have a negative impact on Rakitic, Vidal, Coutinho in THIS season, knowing that they will probably be sold and that there is no future for them here?
Imagine if we announce Rabiot also in the next few weeks.

It surely could lower a motivation of some players here.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
What's your point?

I love how these journalists cannot even get a report right, but now they are experts on Barca's finances and what we need to do or not to balance the books.

This is my point.

Even if we assume that they are right and Barcelona need to balance the books. Why even mention these specific players as if it's mandatory to sell one Croatian , 1 Brazillian and a French player to balance the books.

El Gato

Villarato!

They always deal in half-truths, particularly since they don't know the wages either lol. But if Frenkie doesn't want to be a bench option then Rakitić does look as good as gone this summer.

[MENTION=18675]messi2140[/MENTION]
They probably picked the 3 for whom it's easy to couple relatively high salary with some other disappointments, age etc etc. It's not unreasonable to think at least 1 will be gone, far too many players in the centre of the park, but obviously it's AS, they'll do a bit of reaching.

Devils

There will be sales for sure. I think we will sell:

-Rakitic
-Jasper
-Malcom
-Gomes
-Rafinha
-Denis
-Samper (free)
-Verm (free)

-and possibly Vidal if we bring in Rabiot.

The first four listed should bring in a nice amount of money. No doubt that Rakitic, Jasper, Malcom and Gomes can get us around 100m in sales.

No way Coutinho will be sold for me and Umtiti has no effect on FDJ at all so I have no idea why he is listed in the first place.

FCBfan22

There will be sales for sure. I think we will sell:

-Rakitic
-Jasper
-Malcom
-Gomes
-Rafinha
-Denis
-Samper (free)
-Verm (free)

-and possibly Vidal if we bring in Rabiot.

The first four listed should bring in a nice amount of money. No doubt that Rakitic, Jasper, Malcom and Gomes can get us around 100m in sales.

I think Malcom won't be sold, but all the others will. Jasper will probably go for 50-60 million. Rakitić too in that range. Plus Gomes for those 25-30 million.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Btw, does anyone think that securing De Jong now might have a negative impact on Rakitic, Vidal, Coutinho in THIS season, knowing that they will probably be sold and that there is no future for them here?

They could also be playing for their future at Barca and a CL title on the line..... I know Vidal will be motivated as hell. The dude will do anything for a CL trophy.

Samper is gone and Rafinha is injured so they are irrelevant.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Why is Coutinho adversely affected? He and De Jong are different types of players.

Devils

I think Malcom won't be sold, but all the others will. Jasper will probably go for 50-60 million. Rakitić too in that range. Plus Gomes for those 25-30 million.

-Jasper will like be 30-35m
-Gomes in that range as well as Everton and their fans are really big on him
-Rakitic - I'd say 30-40m as well

So in reality yeah 3 of those players should bring in 100m in sales.

We wont be selling Malcolm for less than 40m either.

Ajax

60 for jasper is bonkers. He is a backup keeper

40 is already high. Keep in mind he is a keeper.. not a 21y old unproven defensive midfielders from a farmers league

Home of Barca Fans