21 - Frenkie de Jong

Jair Ventura

That is extremely vague. Especially when compared to this:

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/3042772/parijs-niet-ver-meer-voor-ajacied-frenkie-de-jong

And this:

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/3042...l-fair-play-om-75-miljoen-aan-ajax-te-betalen

Both published on the 19th and includes details such as the hotel, who was in the meeting, specific figures, etc. Further, it’s written in a tone that suggest the deal is reaching its closure. Very odd that they’d publish nothing about Barca’s alleged meeting a day earlier.

Last edited:

Donatello

But why should he? He is not just an average Barca fan like us who would jump on any opportunity (I mean any opportunity, for example I’d be very happy just to be an assistant to the kitman) to work for our beloved club. He is a player and this is very much a business and career decision for him. He might like us and suck Messi’s dick but at the end of the day we are probably talking about the next 5 years of his career, the golden age of his career here so you can’t blame him for being careful. Of course he will have to evaluate everything, including money and playing time, who wouldn’t? And if he really loves his girlfriend, of course he would take her opinion and wishes into consideration (for those of us who have married, which one of you don’t give a damn about what your wife says? Not me), there is nothing wrong with that.

In the end if he goes to PSG chances are money talks and he does see PSG offering better opportunities and we can disagree with me on that and call him a wuss or pussy for not wanting to fight for his chances but at this time he hasn’t done anything wrong (no idea why he is following Real Madrid though). In the end if he does choose money over us then so be it. How many of us can say that we will not choose money though?

As for Rabiot, if we believe those rumors we offered him 10m signing bonus on top of a 10m-per-year salary and his agent mother is still demanding more, otherwise he would have signed with us, right? The difference between the two, to me is that De Jong is genuinely evaluating all his options while Rabiot knows he wants to come here but he just wants to milk more money out of us, no top of what we are giving him.

Of course it all comes down to our own personal preference. If you like De Jong better you tend to rationalize his behavior, the same with Rabiot.

Wow.

Couldn't have said better.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That is extremely vague. Especially when compared to this:

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/3042772/parijs-niet-ver-meer-voor-ajacied-frenkie-de-jong

And this:

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/3042...l-fair-play-om-75-miljoen-aan-ajax-te-betalen

Both published on the 19th and includes details such as the hotel, who was in the meeting, specific figures, etc. Further, it’s written in a tone that suggest the deal is reaching its closure. Very odd that they’d publish nothing about Barca’s alleged meeting a day earlier.

Very odd indeed. Maybe we pulled a covert op. :lol:

That or Abidal and co. were lying and trying to save face and make it sound like we have tried everything to get De Jong.

Spanish media is quite funny though. The day before our alleged trip to the Netherlands or the same day Sport reported that De Jong has made his decision known to Ajax and now he is still supposed to be in the process of making his decision. There are definitely inconsistencies from the Spanish media.

I think De Jong probably has already chosen PSG but he has not made it public until all the contract details with PSG are ironed out.

Last edited:

Givenchy

being a Barca fan doesn't really mean much though, PSG aren't a direct rival and we've seen many players in the past join a different club to their supported club.. Shaw to United (huge Chelsea fan) is one instance

anyways this saga is really boring and doesn't have the umpf of the Griezmann la decision. my only fear is our board thinking Rabiot will suffice if we do miss out on Frenkie

Cule4life

The Culest
being a Barca fan doesn't really mean much though, PSG aren't a direct rival and we've seen many players in the past join a different club to their supported club.. Shaw to United (huge Chelsea fan) is one instance

anyways this saga is really boring and doesn't have the umpf of the Griezmann la decision. my only fear is our board thinking Rabiot will suffice if we do miss out on Frenkie

Just like Munir sufficed when we didn't get the decision maker?

Jombi

Majority agreed that Rabiot is a brat and his mom is a cancer.

You just attacked De Jong based on "some reports" to try to portray Rabiot as better. When have you called Rabiot a snowflake, a brat and ridiculed him and his attitude as someone we dont need in our squad? All I've seen from you is downplaying all of Rabiot's attitude issues while trying to blow up so-called attitude issues of other players.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

You just attacked De Jong based on "some reports" to try to portray Rabiot as better. When have you called Rabiot a snowflake, a brat and ridiculed him and his attitude as someone we dont need in our squad? All I've seen from you is downplaying all of Rabiot's attitude issues while trying to blow up so-called attitude issues of other players.

Again.

When reports say:
1. that Rabiot wants more money=people believe in that easily
2. when reports say that he wants a starting spot=people believe in that easily
3. when reports say that he didn't want to play as a CM=people believe in that easily

Whatever reports say about De Jong, alibi replies are:
1. who knows whether we have even make a bid for him?
2. who can blame him?
3. EV will play Rakitic and Buesquets
4. or: "some reports", we don't believe in that

As some others have said, majority of young players are just chasing money.
De Light, De Jong, Rabiot.

Rabiot is at least clear about it.
He wants as much money as possible (even though he rejected 13M from Psg to get 10M or possibly 12M from Barca).
Yet, people here are writing poems about a humble schoolboy Frenkie, a devoted Barca's fan, who is not much different than Rabiot.
De Light is even worse.

About Rabiot being a snowflake, a guy has said fuck you and screwed Qatar's Saint Germain numerous times and is not afraid at all of them (remember Verratti crying when he needed to sign a new contract).
How can you call him a snowflake and compare him with: "I love Barca but I'll sign for someone else" and "I am afraid of coming to Barca because I am unsure about playing time" alpha male Frenkie? :lol:
This is gold, mate.

Givenchy

Again.

When reports say:
1. that Rabiot wants more money=people believe in that easily
2. when reports say that he wants a starting spot=people believe in that easily
3. when reports say that he didn't want to play as a CM=people believe in that easily

Whatever reports say about De Jong, alibi replies are:
1. who knows whether we have even make a bid for him?
2. who can blame him?
3. EV will play Rakitic and Buesquets
4. or: "some reports", we don't believe in that

As some others have said, majority of young players are just chasing money.
De Light, De Jong, Rabiot.

Rabiot is at least clear about it.
He wants as much money as possible (even though he rejected 13M from Psg to get 10M or possibly 12M from Barca).
Yet, people here are writing poems about a humble schoolboy Frenkie, a devoted Barca's fan, who is not much different than Rabiot.
De Light is even worse.

About Rabiot being a snowflake, a guy has said fuck you and screwed Qatar's Saint Germain numerous times and is not afraid at all of them (remember Verratti crying when he needed to sign a new contract).
How can you call him a snowflake and compare him with: "I love Barca but I'll sign for someone else" and "I am afraid of coming to Barca because I am unsure about playing time" alpha male Frenkie? :lol:
This is gold, mate.

Agree with this. the new gen of footballers will put money first the majority of the time, football is mirroring society with the entitlement and greed. the last player who actually did everything he could to join Barca is Dembele

Frenkie, De Ligt and Rabiot have 0 alpha between them

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

He did? Really? Source?

If true then I wonder what is up. If true he either genuinely sees us as a better option career-wise or he thinks we can give him more money than PSG long-term.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Agree with this. the new gen of footballers will put money first the majority of the time, football is mirroring society with the entitlement and greed. the last player who actually did everything he could to join Barca is Dembele

Frenkie, De Ligt and Rabiot have 0 alpha between them

Coutinho. But I’d think we most likely pay him more than Liverpool did or ever will. The same with Dembele.

Arizona Scott

This is De Jong's life and there are lots of factors. If I were advising my son I would say try not to be too colored by your boyhood idols and favorite teams but take the best situation. A very complicated situation, with money and level of competition within the club and with opposing clubs factors. Maybe he isn't ready for La Liga and that would be bad for his development, maybe he is and it would be good, impossible to answer at this point.

May surprise some, but if De Jong and Rabiot come I am perfectly fine having Rakitic OR Busquets go to finance half of it, and the long term wages for one of them. Vidal I don't think can fetch as much in the market, can't likely replace him with similar character and attributes for the little you get back in return. Plus he has been around (Juv, Bayern, now Barca), I think a club acquiring one (e.g., City, Chelsea, United, PSG) of the other two as a regular Barca cog for many years would have more appeal to the organizations and fanbases. You have to wonder a bit why Vidal doesn't stick.

Last edited:

Newcomer

He did? Really? Source?

If true then I wonder what is up. If true he either genuinely sees us as a better option career-wise or he thinks we can give him more money than PSG long-term.

The source is his imagination.

That Rabiot may have asked, it is possible.
Nowhere any PSG insider has said PSG were up to that sum. PSG was already really reluctant at 9 M. Lol.

Also, i remember him sourcing a MD article saying Nasser Al Khelaifi was conducting the negociations himself, but it has been proven afterwards he was not even in the last meeting.

Henrique was the interlocutor in those discussions and all he had to say is that they had agreed to a contract several weeks ago and the Rabiot clan kept finding excuses when time came to iron it. Hence why he felt the club got played and that Rabiot had already a deal with Barça.

No one will ever know how much was proposed by PSG. Rabiot can lie to make himself look better and so can PSG.

Home of Barca Fans