21 - Frenkie de Jong

Raketa10

i dont see nothing special on this kid. normal first touch, dribling, passing, agility (quite slow i will say for barca). only pro is his intelligent on the pitch but this in eredivisie. i rated alena higher than him... put him in ajax squad and he will be a star in eredivisie. van de beek is similar to fdj maybe a little bit better all round midfield/box-to-box but again not barca material

Alena and De Jong are totally different players. It's like comparing Busquets to Iniesta.

And what do you mean by slow? Was Xavi fast? Is Busi fast? Is Rakitic fast? He is for sure faster than all 3 of them. And since you are mentioning Alena he is also not The Flash!

Last edited:

stk93

Alena and De Jong are totally different players. It's like comparing Busquets to Iniesta.

agree but then what is exactly his position in barca system and why we want him that bad?? barca dont need this type of player, all round but nothing special, my opinion.

Raketa10

agree but then what is exactly his position in barca system and why we want him that bad?? barca dont need this type of player, all round but nothing special, my opinion.

Replacement for Busi or Rakitic. If he continues to develop he could become a perfect pivot in 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 or even in 4-3-3.

Last edited:

GOAT_SUAREZ

de Jong more defensively than Alena. deJong and Oriol would be great at DM. CM Arthur/Alena

soul24rage

I guess de Jong makes sense if we are going with the 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 as I think he can play in a double pivot. I think Thiago is more suited as an interior in a 4-3-3 and I don't know if he can play in a double pivot.

Raketa10

Guys he is again playing as a CB. One more year there and he’ll be ruined. WTF is wrong with Ajax manager?

Last edited:

Messi983

Austrian GK doing his best Karius impression.

I think De Jong will move to midfield when Blind will be integrated back into the team.

Joan

Roma's eying Ziyech as Malcom replacement from what I've heard.

How can you concede that?

Messi983

Ziyech and David Neres.

Ziyech is more AMC (can play on the wings too though) so he could cover for Pastore for them as well.

Raketa10

I am also watching the game :D Sturm is just pathetic. I like De Jong a lot but ONLY as a MIDFIELDER! He is definitely not a CB and they really need to be move him to midfield ASAP. This false CB nonsense can be used only against weak oponents like Sturm.

De Jong is basically playing as hybrid CB/DM and as a result De Ligt has to cover acres of spaces. This might work against Sturm, but imagine playing like that against atronger opponents. Neverthless De Jong really has potential to become a world class DM player, that’s visible from space.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans