21 - Frenkie de Jong

jamrock

Hey Jamrock, hope you're doing well.

I firmly believe that the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Over the last 2 seasons, FDJ has been Barcelona's best midfielder until Gundogan took over when Barca needed the most this season.

FDJ has some brilliant qualities like his ball carrying, press resistance and short passing breaking the lines. He also has certain flaws which prohibits him from being a truly world class midfielder. He lacks the X Factor and presence in the middle of the park. His defensive positioning isn't the best and he isn't a great ball winner. He can't play as the Number 6/DM and needs one alongside him.

I think Barca can definitely survive without him and he'll be the one sold. You guys need a proper DM and you shouldn't sell Araujo because he has qualities other Barca defenders don't have.

I think you're more annoyed with FDJ stans than FDJ the player.

Yep pretty much this, could make an argument busquets was our best Midfielder last season, but I'm willing to take that.

But like you said,. It's his stans that hype him into something he's not, they've been doing it since he came here and inevitably time always shows them up.

I've always maintained he's a good to very good player, what I expect from him is greatness and he's not that for us.

He should be doing for us what gundogan is doing now, a real midfield general, he's never come close to that on a consistent basis, and his fan boys always finds an excuse as to why, real world class players don't need excuses.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Don’t forget

-Barcaforum peeps under pretense of being data crunchers and meticulously analytical of our play but meanwhile using a 2 game sample consisting of Napoli in shambles(we destroyed a way stronger napoli two seasons ago with frenkie and gavi) and an atletico that played 120 minutes game with day less rest than us, with Morata still getting a handful of sitters that he missed yet none of this ever brought up lol

Not saying we shouldnt sell frenkie(cause can already imagine the reply). But can wait to draw these pretty big conclusions from a bigger sample at least no?

basically this 💯 just wait and see how we perform when he comes back. If he doesnt perform as well as expected we can still sell him

---

so jammyrock chill :coffee:

malvolio

Don’t forget

-Barcaforum peeps under pretense of being data crunchers and meticulously analytical of our play but meanwhile using a 2 game sample consisting of Napoli in shambles(we destroyed a way stronger napoli two seasons ago with frenkie and gavi) and an atletico that played 120 minutes game with day less rest than us, with Morata still getting a handful of sitters that he missed yet none of this ever brought up lol

Not saying we shouldnt sell frenkie(cause can already imagine the reply). But can wait to draw these pretty big conclusions from a bigger sample at least no?
Agreed. Napoli and Atletico results do not reflect the actual playing level in those games.

Horatio

You're welcome
Agreed. Napoli and Atletico results do not reflect the actual playing level in those games.
I DO think we have improved though. Having Ter Stegen back Kounde on RB and Cubarsi for CB who draws opponent before being offensive outlet definitely is improvement over how our situation was a few weeks ago. And Lewandowksi finishing seems to be in better shape. But the whole “attack is so fluid with fermin sergi roberto and romeu omg” seems nonsense as fermin was pretty horrible in mf against napoli and sergi roberto was poor first half against atletico. We need more games to draw conclusion.

Porque

I DO think we have improved though. Having Ter Stegen back Kounde on RB and Cubarsi for CB who draws opponent before being offensive outlet definitely is improvement over how our situation was a few weeks ago. And Lewandowksi finishing seems to be in better shape. But the whole “attack is so fluid with fermin sergi roberto and romeu omg” seems nonsense as fermin was pretty horrible in mf against napoli and sergi roberto was poor first half against atletico. We need more games to draw conclusion.

I imagine these anti-FdJ rhetorics are testing Jammy to the limit on his Chinese New Year resolution to never return to this forum.

Home of Barca Fans