21 - Frenkie de Jong

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Dont forget guys, in first match against Atletico when we won 1-0 and showed a top3 performance of this season Frenkie was immense

imo Gundo&Frenkie are safe, we need to choose the third man

Rory

Team is just in good form now. If that holds for a consistent amount of time then fair enough. Would also have to concede we're better off without Gavi though :unsure:

jamrock

Nah we were in the title race when gavi was fit and de jong was out.

Gavi goes down and de jong was in the team, while we lost ground.

Facts don't back that conclusion.

Lost a grand total of 1 game this season when gavi was fit and de jong was out, that was against Madrid, where we were largely the better team and gavi was our best play or top 3.

Kul_z

Lost a grand total of 1 game this season when gavi was fit and de jong was out, that was against Madrid, where we were largely the better team and gavi was our best play or top 3.
Good assist in that game too from gavi

Rory

So our current good form shows we don't need Frenkie but it doesn't show we don't need Gavi? haha fair enough

jamrock

So our current good form shows we don't need Frenkie but it doesn't show we don't need Gavi? haha fair enough
Exactly glad you get it.

No de jong, but we have gavi, 1 lost against Madrid, still in the league title chase.

De jong comes back, gavi goes out our our title chase is done.

De jong goes out again, our system gets a bit of life.

See the pattern?.

Rory

Exactly glad you get it.

No de jong, but we have gavi, 1 lost against Madrid, still in the league title chase.

De jong comes back, gavi goes out our our title chase is done.

De jong goes out again, our system gets a bit of life.

See the pattern?.
Gavi is part of our current good form. Got it. I've got a Brazilian right back to sell you

jamrock

Gavi is part of our current good form. Got it. I've got a Brazilian right back to sell you
Just take the L bro.

Your boy showed us this season he is not it, once decent season in 4/5 years doesn't change facts.

We've been taking nothing but Ls with he was fit and available all.

Find a different horse to ride.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

It's not so easy to say if we are better without Frenkie (or even without Pedri), atm:

- Yamal is outstanding

- Cubarsi improves the whole barca game with his defence skills + passes

- Lewa is terrific

- Raphi plays super

- more intensity in training as Lewa said

- some tactical changes from Xavi

so many different new factors, i can imagine when Frenkie comes back we wil be even better and a real danger for every opponent (except maybe City), lets see

Horatio

You're welcome
It's not so easy to say if we are better without Frenkie (or even without Pedri), atm:

- Yamal is outstanding

- Cubarsi improves the whole barca game with his defence skills + passes

- Lewa is terrific

- Raphi plays super

- more intensity in training as Lewa said

- some tactical changes from Xavi

so many different new factors, i can imagine when Frenkie comes back we wil be even better and a real danger for every opponent (except maybe City), lets see
Don’t forget

-Barcaforum peeps under pretense of being data crunchers and meticulously analytical of our play but meanwhile using a 2 game sample consisting of Napoli in shambles(we destroyed a way stronger napoli two seasons ago with frenkie and gavi) and an atletico that played 120 minutes game with day less rest than us, with Morata still getting a handful of sitters that he missed yet none of this ever brought up lol

Not saying we shouldnt sell frenkie(cause can already imagine the reply). But can wait to draw these pretty big conclusions from a bigger sample at least no?

Temptation

Not sure if Barca are better without him but this period kinda proves that Barca can easily survive without FDJ and Pedri.

FDJ will fetch Barca a huge amount in the market so it'd make sense to sell him and get an actual DM?

Barca will obviously not sell Pedri because he's very young and Spanish. They'll give him time but FDJ ain't Spanish and is at his peak age.

The way I see Barca's midfield in the immediate future, it should be Gundogan-World Class DM signing-?.

The 3rd position is up for grabs and Gavi, Pedri and others can fight for it based on various factors.

Like folks here know, I rate FDJ but something is missing which stops him from being a World Class midfielder. Just lacks that X Factor and presence I suppose. He can't play as the number 6.

If Barca weren't broke, I'd have suggested Gundogan-New DM-FDJ as the ideal midfield trio but Barca need the dough desperately.

jamrock

If he plays well and we take a 7-0 lost, his fans are like, best Midfielder on the park.

Plays a very good pass in a game, he's world class or a rolls Royce player.

But if the team performs well without him, it's you guys are jumping to conclusion too soon

In the last two season which have been our most successful since he's been at the club, this is now the 3rd time he's been a run of games.

In that time, off the top of my head we've lost 2/3 games in the league.

Once against real where we were better than them.

That's not drawing conclusions, that's a clear pattern, it's good to have him in the team , but we'll be okay without him.

Last edited:

Temptation

If he plays well and we take a 7-0 lost, his fans are like, best Midfielder on the park.

Plays a very good pass in a game, he's world class or a rolls Royce player.

But if the team performs well with him out, it's you guys are trying conclusion too soon

In the last two season which have been our most successful since he's been at the club, this is now the 3rd time he's been a run of games.

In that time, off the top of my head we've lost 2/3 games in the league.

Once against real where we were better than them.

That's not drawing conclusions, that's a clear pattern, it's good to have him in the team , but we'll be okay without him.
Hey Jamrock, hope you're doing well.

I firmly believe that the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Over the last 2 seasons, FDJ has been Barcelona's best midfielder until Gundogan took over when Barca needed the most this season.

FDJ has some brilliant qualities like his ball carrying, press resistance and short passing breaking the lines. He also has certain flaws which prohibits him from being a truly world class midfielder. He lacks the X Factor and presence in the middle of the park. His defensive positioning isn't the best and he isn't a great ball winner. He can't play as the Number 6/DM and needs one alongside him.

I think Barca can definitely survive without him and he'll be the one sold. You guys need a proper DM and you shouldn't sell Araujo because he has qualities other Barca defenders don't have.

I think you're more annoyed with FDJ stans than FDJ the player.

Home of Barca Fans