2015 Copa América

Who will win Copa America?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zanela

Tata BBQ-ing his way to the final. :surfing:

ARG - CHL Head-Head:
108gqz6.jpg

Their last encounter featuring the pony tailed Romero and FF in defence. Notable absentees for CHL, end to end stuff, CHL having slightly better chances, but ARG managed to win, still.:xavi:

Not worried about sat. ARG even with a man down should beat a 12 man CHL. Tata should just retire and become a monk if he fails, however.

Icarium

Lifestealer
[MENTION=1500]zanela[/MENTION] you went from heavily pessimistic to overly optimistic. I like the change though. Please continue this regarding barca too.

Chile are not an easy team to beat but with messi in such form it is very much capable. Di Maria had a great game lets hope he continues that. Pastore was amazing this whole tournament. Messi has been playing good and he played even better today and the main difference was his teammates decided to finish the chances messi creates for a change.

zanela

[MENTION=1500]zanela[/MENTION] you went from heavily pessimistic to overly optimistic. I like the change though. Please continue this regarding barca too.

I'm usually not the most optimistic pre-match when concerning my fav teams. However, I tend to NOT be vocal about it. But like most football fans, I'm also superstitious, and can get carried away at times even at the risk of coming across silly and annoying. The jinx mania from last season went a bit far I understand, but I was not the only one. The intention was as noble as they come. :p

The reason for my vocal optimism this time's messi for one, and the opponent we're playing. But also the core group of this team has lived the good and the bad together, and have garnered the belief and the valuable experience by reaching a major tournament final, after years of underachieving. And they are now a team more complete with players like the much improved Ota and Pastore strengthening them. I really do believe the time has arrived.
I got my WC prediction right, and I hope to do the double soon. :D

Chainsaw

Killahead
I do not underestimate Chile base on their past results with Argentina . The referee is gonna be their 12th man on the pitch. The atmosphere will be hostile toward Argentina and the low life thug Arturo Vidal will go hammering legs for fun. But if Argentina by any chance doesn't go backward from what they've achieved so far Chile needs their 12th man more than anything else on the pitch.

zanela

Not underestimating CHL based on past results. But when you look at the space sampaoli's team leaves behind, it's pretty much a recipe for disaster facing a team with as much direct offensive power as ARG, and that has been demonstrated in the prev two meetings. But ofc it's a one off-game anything can happen, ARG forwards may forget how to score, have a player sent off, and have all decisions go CHL's way. But all things equal, it's ARG's to lose this one.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I'm more afraid of Argentina's complacency than anything. It's always been Argentina's biggest enemy. I just hope the team doesn't lose their focus and intensity no matter how the match went on. I'm sure the ref is gonna make it hard for Argentina and I hope the players don't lose their composure over his biased decisions giving him the excuse to punish Argentina even harder.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
This was easily the best Argentina performance this Copa America , same goes for Messi. When Paraguay scored their first and only goal to make it 2-1 , I thought that this might be a repeat of their first match. But they started playing really well from the beginning of the second half and pretty much sealed the win 5 minutes into the second half.

I do think that Chile is another story though. This team is airtight and they manage to close literally every hole and gap there is on the pitch. Add to that the 12th man that they have on their side while also playing at home and you got a match where Chile are the obvious winners. Predicting a 3-0 win for Chile and Messi getting sent off for harassing a player or two.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Really hope Argentina win this. This is their best chance for a trophy in God knows how long.

BrazilFan

Argentina should win in the final unless sampaoli decides to play defensive but Chile can only play one way and that gung ho.

Home of Barca Fans