2015 CL Final: Barca - Juve 3-1 !!!CAMPIONS!!!

Hidz

The same pessimism has been expressed before the games against M.City, PSG, and Bayern and the results were against all expectations.Juve won't be any different from the rest.Their strength is in their collective and agresive defense, but their attacking squad is way below the 3 mentioned teams.If they park the bus ,MSN will crack it, and if they go for open play Buffon will have a hard night. I'm optimistic and I can imagine Barcelona streets floaded with fresh beer !

Juve is dangerous in a different way. But i agree with you, we beat al the others quite comfortably. So i don't see why we can do this with Juve.
Have a good feeling about it; altough it is only one match so anything can happen.

Looking forward! What a great season so far.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Confident we can win this. Of course Juve are a top class side and will be no pushovers but we a definitely the superior team. Visca el Barca!!!!!

BBZ8800

When was the last time we played Juve in CL?

2003, quarterfinals of Champions league.
But Juventus and Milan (with Real) were the 2 strongest sides back then.

Juventus:Barcelona 1:1 (1:0 Montero 16', 1:1 Saviola 78')
Barcelona:Juventus 1:1 (0:1 Nedved 53', 1:1 Xavi 66')
-- extra time 1:2 Zalayeta 114'

Leo_Messi

It would be a great mistake to underestimate Juve as many users are doing on this forum and elsewhere or worse to declare victory upfront.

Luckily our squad and staff are not that moronic.

There are 4 factors that I am somewhat worried about.

1) Buffon and Juve's defense which is among the strongest in Europe. They have nothing against defending deep for large periods of the game. In that sense they are very similar to Cholo's Atlético teams. Not so much the current Atlético team but that which shocked the football world last season.

2) Their midfield. Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal and Pogba are arguably one of the best midfield formations out there if not THE best IMO. They have a superior midfield compared to our.

3) Their attack. Don Morata and Tévez are hugely underrated and are almost the perfect pair. They complement each other very well and are both great individually not to say hard-working attackers. Don Morata especially will make life difficult in the air for not only Piqué but especially Mascherano.

4) Motivation. While it is needles to say that both teams will be hugely motivated to win a CL-title and possibly a treble (both FCB and Juve are a few games away from doing just that) it will likely be the last chance for a bunch of Juve players. For instance Buffon who probably wants to win his first CL title more than anyone else. This is likely to give them that "extra" edge should they go in front or equalize.

In short I really believe that Juve are criminally underrated here and I don't like the attitude I see from a lot of users. They might be up for a very big surprise after the Cl-final which I obviously hope they won't.

Prudence is the key word for me in the last weeks of the season.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Being optimistic in the privacy of a PRO BARCA forum will NOT make our players underestimate them!

I'm tired of being called names (undirectly), moronic, stupid, arrogant, don't know about football, bla bla just for thinking Barça will win! lol

Are we supposed to be freaking out ? I'd be just as optimistic with OUR team no matter who we face at this point, doesn't change a thing that it's Juve or Real that went through yesterday, and no matter what the historical data suggests (we've seen how that turned out against Bayern).

EDIT : I just saw 6Ballon's post haha, I obviously don't think we'll win a 100%, but i'll give us as favourites 60/40 at least.

Don't forget, we do know how to break buses now, so the example of ATM last year is actually a good one in the opposite sense, we have new arguments for that type of teams.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Being optimistic in the privacy of a PRO BARCA forum will NOT make our players underestimate them!

I'm tired of being called names (undirectly), moronic, stupid, arrogant, don't know about football, bla bla just for thinking Barça will win! lol

Are we supposed to be freaking out ? I'd be just as optimistic with OUR team no matter who we face at this point, doesn't change a thing that it's Juve or Real that went through yesterday, and no matter what the historical data suggests (we've seen how that turned out against Bayern).

EDIT : I just saw 6Ballon's post haha, I obviously don't think we'll win a 100%, but i'll give us as favourites 60/40 at least.

Don't forget, we do know how to break buses now, so the example of ATM last year is actually a good one in the opposite sense, we have new arguments for that type of teams.

I consider it moronic to already declare victory upfront. That is something that I would expect of 13 year old fanboys on some FIFA forum not on a serious football forum that is mostly frequented by adults. Sorry.

We are not going to play against some English pub team based in Sheffield. A bit of respect and caution would not hurt. Nothing to do with optimism.

Anyway people have a right to believe that we have won already and that we will win 6-0. In such a case I have a right to call such opinions moronic.

Yes, we are favorites but you don't win games only based on that. RM were big favorites against Juve too and it did not end too well for them did it? Luckily.

Last edited:

Vlom

I consider it moronic to already declare victory upfront. That is something that I would expect of 13 year old fanboys on some FIFA forum not on a serious football forum that is mostly frequented by adults. Sorry.

We are not going to play against some English pub team based in Sheffield. A bit of respect and caution would not hurt. Nothing to do with optimism.

Anyway people have a right to believe that we have won already and that we will win 6-0. In such a case I have a right to call such opinions moronic.

Yes, we are favorites but you don't win games only based on that. RM were big favorites against Juve too and it did not end too well for them did it? Luckily.

Who said we were playing a pub team ?
Who believes we have already won and by 6-0 ?

You are stretching cautious optimism to ridiculous arrogance to make a point.

Anyway, it's easy to start with the pessimism, you never loose that way, if we win "ouf, cool we won" if we don't "see i told you this was a trap" ... I'd rather be positive and risk being disapointed, while still being totally respectfull of our opponents and aware of the threat they are.

Vlom

So far Juventus have met Barcelona eight times in European competitions: four wins, two draws, two defeats for the Bianconeri. (via @OptaPaolo)

Max Allegri has won only one of his eight Champions League meetings with Barcelona so far: three draws, four defeats. (via @OptaPaolo)

Leo_Messi

Who said we were playing a pub team ?
Who believes we have already won and by 6-0 ?

You are stretching cautious optimism to ridiculous arrogance to make a point.

Anyway, it's easy to start with the pessimism, you never loose that way, if we win "ouf, cool we won" if we don't "see i told you this was a trap" ... I'd rather be positive and risk being disapointed, while still being totally respectfull of our opponents and aware of the threat they are.

What? Is being cautious and respecting Juve, a team that just reached a CL-final after beating the reigning holders and who can win a treble, being arrogant?

Go and read some of the hilarious comments on the forum regarding the final. I rest my case.

Who said anything about me not considering us favorites? I do and I believe that we will win (as I wrote!) too but I do respect Juve and won't criminally underrate them as many users have done so far.

Two completely different things.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
What? Is being cautious and respecting Juve, a team that just reached a CL-final after beating the reigning holders and who can win a treble, being arrogant?

Go and read some of the hilarious comments on the forum regarding the final. I rest my case.

Who said anything about me not considering us favorites? I do and I believe that we will win too but I do respect Juve and won't criminally underrate them as many users have done so far.

I'm willing to bet my account on our win.
That's how sure I am.
Are you up for it?

Leo_Messi

I'm willing to bet my account on our win.
That's how sure I am.
Are you up for it?

:facepalm:

Then go bet your entire bank account on a booking side which you won't do anyway.

Can you read English? I am not saying that Juve are going to win. Read post 68 and 71 in this thread.

I rest my case.

Vlom

I think there's a misunderstanding somewhere, I don't get this sentence.

Who said anything about me not considering us favorites? I do and I believe that we will win (as I wrote!) too but I do respect Juve and won't criminally underrate them as many users have done so far.

I'll reread this thread, I don't remember reading anything scandalous, though there's obviously some bold statements I just usually don't take into account in the entire thread conversation.

I think everyone is feeling kind of the same way just expressing it in a different manner.

And obviously, I'm not betting my house on it, may be 1000€ for the fun, but while completely aware that we can lose.

Leo_Messi

I think there's a misunderstanding somewhere, I don't get this sentence.

I'll reread this thread, I don't remember reading anything scandalous, though there's obviously some bold statements I just usually don't take into account in the entire thread conversation.

I think everyone is feeling kind of the same way just expressing it in a different manner.

My post was not aimed at any specific users as such. Some of the comments in this thread and others dealing with the final (especially the Champions League 2014-15 thread) are quite cringeworthy. On other platforms too, such as for instance Spanish Barça forums.

In short I don't like this attitude of some fans that have already declared us as champions, who underrate Juve criminally (I bet that they have not watched more than those 2 games with them this season, maybe a few more) and who make themselves appear as jokes. Those same types of fans are often complaining about the arrogance of other fans.

I just don't like it. I never underestimate any opponent/rival myself.

In post 68 I argued why I personally won't underestimate Juve and declare victory upfront. I also wrote that people can say what they want to but then I can also say what I think about those claims.

Nothing personal.

Home of Barca Fans