2015 CL Final: Barca - Juve 3-1 !!!CAMPIONS!!!

Especially Bravo of all people, lol. If the two goalkeepers rotated, they'd be worthy winners of everything, but because they didn't, they're not ? hahaha.
That UEFA rule wasn't written in that spirit at all. It's here for players like Douglas or Vermaelen.

serghei

Bravo is a goalkeeper and he didn't play a single minute of UCL. UEFA isn't that wrong when you look at it.

By way of logic:

1.FC Barcelona won the Champions League
2.Claudio Bravo is a FC Barcelona player

3. Claudio Bravo won the Champions League

aaron101

When I heard that news, I never really believed it. The player who was always on my mind when they reported this is the Almighty Pinto. He only played for Copa del Rey but he has all the medals.
View attachment 6870

Last edited:

ceefoo

I'm comfortable with the ruling for outfield players that don't play, but it should be different for GK's.

Without the second GK (whoever that may be depending on the competition) is, deserves to be officially recognised because they do so much work outside of matches. MAtS & Bravo were constantly pushing each other and making sure they kept one another's standards at an exceptionally high level.

So imo MAtS did make a contribution to our Liga title and vice-versa with Bravo and our CL & CDR titles.

aaron101

Patrice Evra warns Luis Suarez he will 'feel my presence' ahead of Champions League final between Barcelona and Juventus

Lol. Where was his presence? He couldn't do anything to stop Suarez on his goal.

Xavinho

Interesting article here

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/...d-ruthless-a-barcelona-masterclass-in-berlin/

Just before half time, there was a wonderful example of the awareness and concentration of top-level footballers. Vidal had presumably been told to leave a couple of tackles on Messi and Iniesta and anyone else that came anywhere near him.

With just 11 minutes on the clock, he was booked for a stupid and totally pointless sliding challenge on Sergio Busquets. On 14 minutes, he slid in on Neymar and the Barcelona players appeal for a second yellow. At that point, Barca made a conscious attempt to get Vidal sent off by winding him up.

On 21 minutes, Vidal totally had his pants pulled down when Dani Alves nutmegged him over on the right wing. Vidal pulled him back and could have easily received a second yellow, especially when he jogged past Alves and stuck his hand in the Brazilian’s face.

When Pogba joined Vidal in the book for a foul on Messi in the 41st minute, Barcelona made one more attempt to get one or both Juventus midfielders sent off. They did it by giving the ball to Messi and Iniesta just inside the Juventus half.

Messi walked the ball towards Vidal like a matador teasing a crazed bull. When Vidal broke out from his hole, Messi jinked the ball past him. But rather than carrying on, he turned back and put his foot on the ball and waited again.

Iniesta did the same, cutting one way then the next past Pogba and across the pitch towards Vidal, trying to draw a frustrated clip on the ankle, the kind that Barcelona are so good at making a meal of. It nearly worked when Vidal stuck a foot out but pulled it back when Messi had another try.

It was very, very shrewd and showed a level of concentration and attention to the dynamics of the game that you rarely get the chance to see.

Home of Barca Fans