2014 World Cup General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It was quite refreshing to see a team play no-nonsense football. Just good athletes playing the game properly, no diving around or the usual bullshit. Jurgen certainly has them well drilled.

Still in a bit of disbelief from Yedlin's performance, in particular...That and seeing DeMarcus still playing for the NT, albeit in defense

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Yedlin has been the best full back this tournament partly because he actually did a very good job and partly because all full backs this world cup have been shit. The American's played a clean game throughout the tournament, it was good to watch. Their athleticism is not a cliche, they really know how to close gaps.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
FIFA need to get their shit together and tell the refs that they should not be afraid of showing the cards in case of dangerous play. It's ridiculous how this tournament suddenly became with referees allowing so much rough play.

F

Flavia

FIFA need to get their shit together and tell the refs that they should not be afraid of showing the cards in case of dangerous play. It's ridiculous how this tournament suddenly became with referees allowing so much rough play.

It looks like they told the refs to avoid giving cards, so players wouldn't be suspended.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And now they've broken the WC mascot. In a ploy to favor the hosts they actually managed to piss them off.
How ironic and yet typical from MaFifa.

B

beautifulgame

And now they've broken the WC mascot. In a ploy to favor the hosts they actually managed to piss them off.
How ironic and yet typical from MaFifa.

Quite the speculation.

It is not even close to the first time ref has been very lenient in big games. At club or int. level this is the mandate. Part of the reason is ideological as well as economical. Being a barca fan u should be familiar with this. However, now all of a sudden it is because big conspiracy to see one team win?!

k

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
In order of preference of who I want to win it:- Holland-Germany-Argentina-Brazil.

Holland because they've never won it before and it would be nice to see a country that has given so much to the game with a world cup. Germany next because as a team they are quite classy and winning it would be nice reward for implementing a system for youth to come through which they did in 2000. Argentina over Brazil because well just because!!!

I expect an Argentina-Germany final though. Not because Neymar is missing but because Silva is. Messi getting the same opponents as Maradona too in 86 would add intrigue!!!

BerkeleyBernie

In order of preference of who I want to win it:- Holland-Germany-Argentina-Brazil.

Holland because they've never won it before and it would be nice to see a country that has given so much to the game with a world cup. Germany next because as a team they are quite classy and winning it would be nice reward for implementing a system for youth to come through which they did in 2000. Argentina over Brazil because well just because!!!

I expect an Argentina-Germany final though. Not because Neymar is missing but because Silva is. Messi getting the same opponents as Maradona too in 86 would add intrigue!!!

Same here Ed, though Germany-Holland is fine with me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans