20 - Sergi Roberto

xXKonan

Manchester United Offer by Sergi Roberto

-Barça declare it non-transferable after receiving a proposal of 40 million from the club of Mourinho and also know the interest of Chelsea

The good performance and the versatility of Sergi Roberto does not go unnoticed for the great ones of Europe. If at the end of last year Mundo Deportivo revealed that Barca had rejected a major offer from Manchester City to take the Catalan midfielder, now it is Manchester United who claims to Sergi Roberto and Chelsea has also been interested by his situation.

The Old Trafford club has already informed the Barca midfielder of the interest in signing him and Barca is aware of the tempting offer the player has received. The response of the club azulgrana has been blunt, " Sergi Roberto is non-transferable." The first offer of Manchester United by the Catalan player is 40 million euros.

But Mourinho's Manchester is not the only suitor of Sergi Roberto . Antonio Conte's Chelsea has also polled him since the Italian coach believes that would fit perfectly in his project to be able to compete with guarantees in the Premier League and Champions League after having done the course last only in the league championship.

From the environment of Sergi Roberto admit the existence of the Manchester United offer and Chelsea's interest, and although they reiterate that the Reus player's main desire is to continue at Barça, they also remember that "there is still a long way to go. Close the market and many things can happen "-

After the signing of Nelson Semedo , in principle this season Sergi Roberto will again act as a midfielder. Ernesto Valverde considers him a basic player, different from the other midfield players and believes that he has the profile that the club was looking for with Paulinho , an arrival that has been cooled by the economic conditions demanded by the Chinese club of the Brazilian.

Sergi Roberto's commitment to the club is beyond doubt and his dream remains to remain and succeed as a Barça player. Its renewal is one of the pending issues for next season

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20170807/43404840130/sergi-roberto.html

Using google translate and it's by Edu Polo who's reliable.

raki

How come he has a 40M clause? Here we go again.

He might well leave because he sees Vidal and Semedo took his spot as RB and in midfield the arrival of Coutinho is a threat.
He must stay. Fuck Paulinho. He´s a good to replace Busquets or play as a 8 position.

GetIn

I doubt he'd leave even if his clause is triggered, he'd be sitting on the bench at United and Chelsea too so it really isn't an upgrade.

MIXA

If Martinez’s release clause is 36M, and Robeto’s release clause is only 40M, Sociedad can get immediate revenge by stealing Roberto using the Martinez money.

Imagine Barto getting screwed over by the same club he thought he was screwing. :lol:

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Why would Roberto even agree to move to Sociedad :lol: If we do sign Coutinho and Paulinho/Seri then i can see him moving to Chelsea to play wing back. But we won't sign Coutinho, i am 100% sure of that. We might sign Seri or Paulinho. So Roberto position is safe.

Messi983

Why would Roberto even agree to move to Sociedad :lol: If we do sign Coutinho and Paulinho/Seri then i can see him moving to Chelsea to play wing back. But we won't sign Coutinho, i am 100% sure of that. We might sign Seri or Paulinho. So Roberto position is safe.

I see Coutinho and Seri more in Iniesta role but Paulinho would be brought in to play Rakitić/Roberto position. Still don't know where Valverde plans to play Gomes but I hope he'll use him in just one position and not all over the field like Lucho.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I see Coutinho and Seri more in Iniesta role but Paulinho would be brought in to play Rakitić/Roberto position. Still don't know where Valverde plans to play Gomes but I hope he'll use him in just one position and not all over the field like Lucho.

Seri is not an Iniesta type of player, more of Xavi and Thiago type. He will be playing in Rakitic position if signed.

Robbie

It wouldn't make sense for him to leave. Matic, Pogba, and Herrera play in the position he prefers. Why would he go from one bench to another?

Home of Barca Fans