20 - Sergi Roberto

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I really hope he don't play CM/DM and whatever, AGAIN. he should focus on his RB role, and keeps getting better and better every game on. ( especially at offensive stuffs )

He also played great at DM recently, against Celtic iirc, I like him in that position too.

Great game today, always happy to see Bob deliver the goods ! :wub:

Total-Football

He also played great at DM recently, against Celtic iirc, I like him in that position too.

Great game today, always happy to see Bob deliver the goods ! :wub:

he plays everywhere .. when we trashed Madrid 0 - 4 he didn't play as a DM .. but rather a wide 4th midfielder .. that was a career defining moment , he played a great match Under immense pressure ( the absence of messi )

ini4ever

He's definitely got potential to play midfielder and shows something special but he'll lose his concentration on RB role as we saw last season he played twice there first time was quite fine but second time was not near as good as first one.

Jombi

He's definitely got potential to play midfielder and shows something special but he'll lose his concentration on RB role as we saw last season he played twice there first time was quite fine but second time was not near as good as first one.

He's great as both RB and DM and CM. He just needs trust and a good run of consecutive games. And he deserves some positional stability instead of being thrown around at every position all the time.

Alik

Which doesn't mean anything as you can't play great all the time, and those weren't consecutive matches if I recall correctly.

serghei

He did some of the things Alves does. The difference is Alves also had an eye for a killer pass, like an assist or a great cross. In the final third Alves is much better, but I'm like what I'm seeing from Roberto.

Nucky

Dani's primary position is RB while Roberto is primary a midfielder who plays RB if needed.. Of course Dani was a better RB.. Alves is TOP 5 RB in the world..

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Tbf than last season Bob was quite good at attacking too and made some great crosses. I think he's trying to improve his defending before he starts going forward like that again.

valonquar

He did some of the things Alves does. The difference is Alves also had an eye for a killer pass, like an assist or a great cross. In the final third Alves is much better, but I'm like what I'm seeing from Roberto.

Wait what? Didn't barcaforum used to make fun of Alves' crosses?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar

Dani's primary position is RB while Roberto is primary a midfielder who plays RB if needed.. Of course Dani was a better RB.. Alves is TOP 5 RB in the world..

So Roberto can't make a killer pass or great cross when he plays RB - because he is 'actually' a midfielder? Passing and crossing is actually the things he does best together with dribbling and getting out of tricky situations. I'm more worried about him keeping concentration for 90+ minutes and syncing with the rest of our defence - because we all know he can attack.

Stric

Also, you can't take statements out of their context. For a while there, Tello was indeed better than Alexis, because Tello was scoring well, and Alexis was going through the worst few months of his career. He was downright embarrassing. But you can't apply those statements to entire careers.

Home of Barca Fans