20 - Sergi Roberto

Androutsos

It's probably just me but I always thought he was a lot better under Lucho at least as a RB when he first started playing there in 2015/16 and 16/17 in terms of attacking output than what he has show under Valverde and Seiten.

I think that might be because the other players were more at their peaks to help him out. Pique next to him, Rakitic and Busi in the midfield to support him.

Vilarrubi

Roberto: "I always have the confidence that we can win the Champions League every season. I trust the squad we have."

4ce.gif

Birdy

lol Roberto is Catalan and one of the last Barto would sell. Remember how all of that titled "transferables" Busquets, Alba, Pique and Roberto ended up staying without a single rumour about them leaving or other clubs being interested. They are all Catalan and therefore very important for Bartomeus reputation in Penas.

That's an ridiculous price the club has to pay for their 'Catalan-ness'...
Even Oleguer was a professional footballer at Barca, but we are in 2020 and it has to stop at some point.
The fact that no club would buy many of those Catalans is telling...

Make no mistake: the only reason Semedo is going instead of Roberto has nothing to do with Roberto's qualities.
No club would pay money to get him, even when declared transferable.

JamDav1982

That's an ridiculous price the club has to pay for their 'Catalan-ness'...
Even Oleguer was a professional footballer at Barca, but we are in 2020 and it has to stop at some point.
The fact that no club would buy many of those Catalans is telling...

Make no mistake: the only reason Semedo is going instead of Roberto has nothing to do with Roberto's qualities.
No club would pay money to get him, even when declared transferable.

Nah Roberto is not a RB but has been better than Semedo.

Semedo is gone as he is worse than a midfielder playing out of position.

Moe

powered by;
Yes.

The way I see it is that you need to meet one of two conditions: 1- Be invited to Messi & Suarez' BBQs, or 2- Be friends with the veterans in our squad like Pique & Busquets

Birdy

Nah Roberto is not a RB but has been better than Semedo.

Semedo is gone as he is worse than a midfielder playing out of position.

Nah, that's your personal idiosyncratic view.
Clubs were interested in Semedo and were paying 40m for him.
No club was interested in Roberto even when declared 'transferrable'

We are paying the price of Roberto being home-grown and Catalan

JamDav1982

Nah, that's your personal idiosyncratic view.
Clubs were interested in Semedo and were paying 40m for him.
No club was interested in Roberto even when declared 'transferrable'

We are paying the price of Roberto being home-grown and Catalan

Your Catalan idea is nonsense as has been shown with many players. This season alone.. Puig, Perez, Cucurella, Ruiz etc.

You have no idea who would have paid for Roberto. Barca are said to have turned down 60m the previous summer.

Semedo is gone as he is terrible at anything bar pace and Roberto would have been ahead of him again across season.

Neither are RBs but one is supposed to be and was a failure to point coaches chose Roberto ahead of him often.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Sergi Roberto: "It'll be hard to forget the Bayern defeat. At the end of it, we didn't want to play football again." [rac1]

Roberto: "I think my role this year will be on the right-back position, but I really enjoy playing in a double pivot."

xxxxxx

Our starting right-back this season. If we get Dest, he'll just play a few games here and there. If we get Garcia, I also expect him to be on the bench for most of the season. So, we're essentially spending 43m on bench players this season.

More of the same.

JamDav1982

Our starting right-back this season. If we get Dest, he'll just play a few games here and there. If we get Garcia, I also expect him to be on the bench for most of the season. So, we're essentially spending 43m on bench players this season.

More of the same.

The difference is that these are players for future which Barca should have been doing long ago.

Birdy

Your Catalan idea is nonsense as has been shown with many players. This season alone.. Puig, Perez, Cucurella, Ruiz etc.

You have no idea who would have paid for Roberto. Barca are said to have turned down 60m the previous summer.

Semedo is gone as he is terrible at anything bar pace and Roberto would have been ahead of him again across season.

Neither are RBs but one is supposed to be and was a failure to point coaches chose Roberto ahead of him often.

We see if it's nonsense these years, with Busi Pique Alba overstaying and burdening the club just because of that.
Bartomeu declared all the Catalans 'transferable', and no one was interested in buying them.

As for team paying 60m for Roberto, LOL. What team?
The only place he could ever go is City if Pep decides to open his arms for another prodigal Barca son.
There is a reason there is never any rumor (let alone interest) from other clubs for Roberto.

The truth is that if he had not been shifted to an RB (where he is incompetent), and he was playing in the midfield the last three years, there is a chance he would have found a position he could be decent. But that ship has sailed.

When I find some time, I will start a long thread with data and pictures on why Roberto is a disaster at RB, especially in light of how the position is played in modern football.

JamDav1982

We see if it's nonsense these years, with Busi Pique Alba overstaying and burdening the club just because of that.
Bartomeu declared all the Catalans 'transferable', and no one was interested in buying them.

As for team paying 60m for Roberto, LOL. What team?
The only place he could ever go is City if Pep decides to open his arms for another prodigal Barca son.
There is a reason there is never any rumor (let alone interest) from other clubs for Roberto.

The truth is that if he had not been shifted to an RB (where he is incompetent), and he was playing in the midfield the last three years, there is a chance he would have found a position he could be decent. But that ship has sailed.

When I find some time, I will start a long thread with data and pictures on why Roberto is a disaster at RB, especially in light of how the position is played in modern football.

Pique, Alba and Busi have stayed too long as Barca have not been ruthless enough and contracts harder to move than Suarez, Rakitic and Vidal all essentially with one year left.

There has been runours of City and Chelsea coming in for Roberto. Go look. Who knows what he could have been sold for but coaches keep liking him.. probably as one of few that can run in training and stands out.

Roberto has been better RB than Semedo.. which tells you everything needed to know about how bad Semedo has been when neither were good enough.

Has zero to do with him being Catalan that he was picked out of position ahead of Semedo.

Home of Barca Fans