20 - Sergi Roberto

Laplacian

He's such a mediocre midfielder...why has this club become so content with mediocrity. Dude is so bad :lol:

Can't wait for the next batch of people placing Roberto in their starting XI after he puts in a decent performance or two. Dude should be a back up RB, or like the 10th option after we've exhausted all possible options for midfielders. I was hoping he'd finally get sold but no, even after this embarrassing season of his he'll still have a spot...because he can run and covers a lot of positions. Why not get actual backups? They'll be cheaper on the long term considering the dude earns 10m a year :lol:

Alik

He's such a mediocre midfielder...why has this club become so content with mediocrity. Dude is so bad :lol:

Can't wait for the next batch of people placing Roberto in their starting XI after he puts in a decent performance or two. Dude should be a back up RB, or like the 10th option after we've exhausted all possible options for midfielders. I was hoping he'd finally get sold but no, even after this embarrassing season of his he'll still have a spot...because he can run and covers a lot of positions. Why not get actual backups? They'll be cheaper on the long term considering the dude earns 10m a year :lol:

What's your math on that? Do you expect to find non-mediocre back-ups for free and at a lower salary?

Laplacian

What's your math on that? Do you expect to find non-mediocre back-ups for free and at a lower salary?

Semedo as backup, get another RB, and sell Roberto. Even as a backup, Roberto just isn't good enough as a midfielder. He wouldn't start in Betis or worse. I just don't see why we should compromise a spot on the squad for a player that's just so useless. But whatever, not like I'm affecting shit.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
MD - @gbsans] | Sergi Roberto's continuity at Bar?a is not clear, but if he continues, Koeman has told the club that he only sees him playing in his natural position as a midfielder

Heard that before, Valverde said the same thing last season, "I'll play Roberto in midfield, Wague will be the second RB" and remember what happened? Roberto had couple of games in midfield, failed miserably, then Valverde moved him back to RB and loaned out Wague. We just keep repeating the same mistakes over and over.

fergus90

He's fine as a squad rotation option against average opposition. Definitely should not be a starter in big games or CL knockouts though.

BADGERBHOY

He's fine as a squad rotation option against average opposition. Definitely should not be a starter in big games or CL knockouts though.

The thing about that idea is he's paid far too much money for that role.
We should get rid of him while we can still get a decent fee for him.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Koeman is delighted with what he is seeing from Sergi Roberto in these first days of preseason.
@MigRico

Not what I wanted to hear.

Home of Barca Fans