20 - Sergi Roberto

Nothanks

I'm still not fully convinced with kimmich really, and the purist here would probably dislike him for not being prime abidal level of defending like they imagine semedo to be.

The level of difference between sergi roberto and kimmich isn't that high either or atleast not 100m+ different.... now if a 25 year old dani alves were available yes i would break bank
but i would rather us spend or save the money for when messi / suarez start to dramatically decline and we'll need huge fire power replacements

Slevinn

I'm still not fully convinced with kimmich really, and the purist here would probably dislike him for not being prime abidal level of defending like they imagine semedo to be.

The level of difference between sergi roberto and kimmich isn't that high either or atleast not 100m+ different.... now if a 25 year old dani alves were available yes i would break bank
but i would rather us spend or save the money for when messi / suarez start to dramatically decline and we'll need huge fire power replacements
Well I agree with you that we need to replace Suarez soon but we all know what a rb like Alves can do for a team like Barcelona.
And imo Kimmich is the best rb out there and miles above Sergi Roberto(eventho you can say his defending isent worldclass yet).

Nothanks

I'm not a kimmich expert but i can concede from the small sample i saw of him he seems better than sergi roberto

just not 100m+ better

ASordidGod

Yeah, Kimmich is just a better Roberto, imo. As in, with the same weaknesses just to a lesser extent: lack of pace, no real feel for the position defensively. Obviously he's better going forward, though I'd agree not 100 mill better; I'd say Roberto is the better dribbler too.

Ps - I haven't seen loads of him, only Germany tournament games, and Bayern CL, so I'm certainly no expert on him.

Zidane82

I just saw this

ko4zmie6kek11.png

Does it prove S Roberto is defensively inept ??

Nothanks

team always plays better with him compared to semedo

and after all the hype i read on semedo's jumping ability, the goal conceded was on him for missing the header... prime abidal my ass lmao

YodaMaster

Roberto is absolutely trash. Did you guys see his 2nd half ?

[MENTION=22244]Nothanks[/MENTION] Roberto was playing with the usual starters AS ALWAYS ! Valverde does that everytime: he puts Semedo in worst possible situations, hoping that he'll do bad so he can bring on his son Roberto as the savior. But truth is that Roberto's second half is weak af even for an average Liga team. Always back passing to Piqué, bringing absolutely nothing in attack (I thought he was an attacking master ? it's such a lie!). And I ain't campaining for Semedo really IDGAF. But honestly he never had a period where he started several games in a row. We already know he has better physical and defending qualities than Roberto, even technically Roberto isn't better. Roberto is starting for the 3rd year now and we know that the best he can offer as a RB is not enough for Barça. With Semedo there's a chance he'll improve if he receives the confidence EV gives to Roberto, so he's the one that should play.

I'm not saying Semedo will become a beast 100%. But if Semedo flops, then we simply should go and buy a new RB since Roberto's case is already clear as day: he's not good enough, and he'll never be good enough, it's a shame to have him as our starting RB. Some will say Semedo isn't good enough for now, yeah but there's a bigger possibility that he'll become good enough one day since he's younger and has more skills than Roberto.

Last edited:

Danic

team always plays better with him compared to semedo

and after all the hype i read on semedo's jumping ability, the goal conceded was on him for missing the header... prime abidal my ass lmao
There is so much hate in you. Dont get why...
How should he get the header if hes oushed down. Im mean everyone should see this. Not quite sure if it was a regular goal at all...

Home of Barca Fans