20 - Sergi Roberto

Jombi

Let's remove emotions for a second and just use a cold logic and nothing else.

When we had Lucho:
1. Iniesta, Rakitic, Gomes were infront of Roberto as Cms
2. now we have Valverde, in 4 matches till now: Iniesta, Rakitic are infront of Roberto
We don't know where is Gomes in Valverde's pecking order, but since we didn't want to sell him, I guess that he is still infront of Roberto or they are tied at the 3rd place
3. now we bought Paulinho for 40M. Imo, there is no chance that we bought him to have him as a 5th option.
Paulinho will be a starter right away, or in the worst case scenario, 3rd pick behind Iniesta and Rakitic.

So, my estimation, currently:
1-3: Iniesta, Paulinho, Rakitic
4: Gomes
5: Roberto
I didn't even add Rafinha and Denis here. Not to mention Arda, Alena, Samper.

Imo, absolutely nothing from Lucho, Valverde and director Robert indicates that Roberto is high in a pecking order.
Roberto is high in a pecking order only on Barca's forum.

I am not saying that Barcaforum is wrong, since Iniesta, Raki, Gomes and Paulinho are poor to average.
But still, hints from our coaches and directors indicate that Roberto is way less popular among them than among our fans.

I doubt we have received any offers for Andre Gomes. The guy is so mediocre its not even funny. Its likely just his high profile agent with lots of contacts that cause these media stories. Doubt he is high in the pecking order for Valverde.

Iniesta's legs have been gone for a long time now and Raktic is pulling some type of accelerated ageing process, perhaps like Wesley Sneijder. The guy is 29 but has been playing like a 34 year old for quite some time.

In any common sense club, Roberto would start for us now. But we are not run by common sense. Paulinho has joined on a fat contract for 4 years from China, a bigger no vote of confidence for Roberto is hard to come up with.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

I can't believe this, but our team is really going down the drain. I can't believe the people of Catalunya and the socios can sit around and let this happen. Seems like the foreign fans see the writing on the wall more clearly than the Catalans.

If Sergi leaves, that will be massive and a huge dent to our team's future.
Can someone explain socios logic for being retarded?

Devils

There are people seething from all corners of the globe over this board.

Yet somehow we don't see anything coming out of Barcelona other than Benedito pushing his No Confidence vote.

Something is terrible wrong with this picture.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If Bob leaves it will be the end of it for me for a while. One bad blow after another, with the management making it so much worse with their stupid decisions.

It takes so much psychological as well as physical toll to be a Barca fan these days. Sigh.

Arkk

rumours about United ready to pay his release clause.. burned twice in one window via buyout clauses :lol: i agree with ^
feeling numb these days, nothing suprises me anymore and i feel we've already lost our identity.. im hoping Messi waits to sign that contract, maybe Roberto can heap pressure on Barto.. if we loose one of our own like this its sure to piss the socios off

PhilS

Busquets and Paulinho will be getting the playing time at DM in the 4-3-3. I'd expect both to start in a 4-2-3-1. Masch will play some at DM.

With the current squad, at the other two midfield positions in the 4-3-3, the rotation has not shaken out yet, but I would bet Rak would get the most minutes, followed by S. Roberto and then Iniesta. I have no idea if Gomes and Rafinha will get on the field much. D Suarez is now a forward, Arda will not play.

If I was S. Roberto, and both Coutinho and Dembele join the team, I would ask to leave. Otherwise, he has fine prospects here.

Home of Barca Fans