20 - Sergi Roberto

gasgas

That's a very level headed take on him.

My only concern would be how he 'really' feels about being demoted / crowbarred into the RB position after spending about 20 years wanting to be a midfield creator . I still think we're missing a trick with this lad . Everyone is rightly praising his performances at full back but just imagine how amazing he'd be in Rakitic's position given his current level of confidence ...

I always loved watching Sergi R when he played the odd game in midfield and I think that it will always be in his mind .

Did he tell you how he feels? Or are you making that up?

And if anything, his stellar performances at RB prove that he enjoys playing there and is comfortable

Players play better where they are most comfortable

And I think you are forgetting that we have so many players for the CM role Iniesta,Rakitic,Gomes,Denis,Rafinha and as BBZ says Arda too

Taking Sergi our starting RB and playing him in midfield is misuse of resources considering that we have midfielders for that

And if you ask me, his midfield performances last season were just good, not extra-ordinary. Not something to go crazy about

But his RB performances :wub:
That's where Sergi Roberto has been worldclass

behindbrowneyes

Lethal when opponents give him room.

Love that precision in his crosses and square passes. Yesterday he stepped up and showed that he can deliver without the best on his side.

Sure he has potential for being a really good CM, but at RB he can become one of the best. If he keeps his performances on this level he is already top3 considering the skillset a RB at Barça should have.

mark1nhu

My only concern would be how he 'really' feels about being demoted / crowbarred into the RB position after spending about 20 years wanting to be a midfield creator .

There is a shortage on world class RB in football as general. He can choose to be just another midfielder OR fight to be the number 1 RB in the world.

I think Roberto is a smart kid and already is aware of this unique situation/opportunity, so my guess is that he will totally embrace the RB career.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Besides if we get a backup for him, he doesn't always have to play RB you know. He's like our very own take on Lahm and Alaba.

Devils

Next move? I thought we were doing Rakitic, Suarez and Messi.

Glad we are taking initiative on Sergi too though.

xXKonan

Next move? I thought we were doing Rakitic, Suarez and Messi.

Glad we are taking initiative on Sergi too though.
Well Polo in the article that they are also working on Rakitic,Suarez and Messi. Roberto and Stegen are next after them I believe.

Zincubus

Banned
Did he tell you how he feels? Or are you making that up?

What are you going on about ??

I simply said I wondered how he felt about being played at RB when he's spent his whole life playing and presumably dreaming of starring in Barca's midfield .

Zincubus

Banned
There is a shortage on world class RB in football as general. He can choose to be just another midfielder OR fight to be the number 1 RB in the world.

I think Roberto is a smart kid and already is aware of this unique situation/opportunity, so my guess is that he will totally embrace the RB career.

Yeah , that's a fair point .

F

Flavia

What are you going on about ??

I simply said I wondered how he felt about being played at RB when he's spent his whole life playing and presumably dreaming of starring in Barca's midfield .

You should read some of his interviews about it. He says he feels great playing as a rb. As with most players, he wants to play. And now he's a starter, and he fits the position very well.

Also its not like he hasnt showed that he can play in midfield. He's just not better than Iniesta/Rakitic atm. He'll probably get chances in mid for Barca and moreso Spain so I dont think he's worried.

Home of Barca Fans