14 - Javier Mascherano

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I know how good Yaya Toure can be, but he is slightly lazy. While he is very good on the dribble, Mascherano is very good playing one touch football and his ability to stick right in front of the back four is quite commendable as players these days are very keen on going forward and leaving spaces behind.

You'd be surprises as to how much space yaya leaves behind, he is first and foremost a CM. Mascherano has the ability to read plays and intercept passes where as Yaya is very good at one on ones. He is more of a creator than an interceptor.

Yaya has been working out for you because of his size, agility and his flair (for a DM) but more importantly, like I said, because Barcelona keep the ball for a long periods of time.

it's like I've been saying, badger is a better DM, yaya is probably a better DM for us. I say probably, because I don't know how badger would be for us. would his lack of height be a big problem? would he make rash tackles and get booked a lot? would he able to drive us forward? etc.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
A group of fans make a plea on facebook to sign Masch!! WTF!?:angry: Forget the Yaya so easily huh!?:hunt:

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
A group of fans make a plea on facebook to sign Masch!! WTF!?:angry: Forget the Yaya so easily huh!?:hunt:

Im with you, Yaya is perfect for us, mascherano isnt as good technically as him, plus, yaya hass a much needed physical prescence in our midfield, has a better ability to retain the ball, hes nearly the perfect DM for us in my opinion,

:toure:

B

barcakid999

Overrated, a great defensive player yes but he adds literally nothing going foward, Yaya is a much better fit and adds some much needed height and strength to an otherwise weak midfield.

Alex Song who plays for Arsenal is one to look out for, he'll be perfect for us in a few years.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Overrated, a great defensive player yes but he adds literally nothing going foward, Yaya is a much better fit and adds some much needed height and strength to an otherwise weak midfield.

Alex Song who plays for Arsenal is one to look out for, he'll be perfect for us in a few years.

Interesting take, welcome to Barca forum!

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
So, Mascherano is overrated while Alex Song is someone to look out for for Barcelona?

I rather take two Mascherano's than one Alexandre Song. I won't even take hsi bushy hair.

jairzinho

I still don't understand why cules are looking around europe for defensive midfielders when we have the best one right here at our club. :p

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Why are we even disscussing bringing mashcerano while we have a great DM in Yaya and a solid youngster in sergio?

B

barcakid999

So, Mascherano is overrated while Alex Song is someone to look out for for Barcelona?

I rather take two Mascherano's than one Alexandre Song. I won't even take hsi bushy hair.

Mascherano is no doubt the better and more accomplished player at the moment, but I don't think he's what we need in terms of a defensive midfielder.

Song would definitely fit our style of play much better. He's more physical, he'd bring an aerial presence to midfield full of midgets and and he's much much better on the ball than Mascherano. His problems atm is mainly his positional play, but I think that's down to inexpierience which should be ironed out over the next couple of years. A young Yaya pretty much! I wouldnt buy a DMC though, Yaya and Sergio are more than enough!

barca96

wow.
why don't we counter and make an account
SIGN VILLA(which i already wanted to do last season)
YAYA STAY(he needs to stay)
accounts.:flagvl8:

Home of Barca Fans