14 - Javier Mascherano

XaviMessiGirl

Cant be healthy for you, supporting both teams! Its like a tug of war with you in the middle lol

LOL I know, on the one hand I think the Liverpool fans that have started posting here have no idea what they're talking about and are making all sorts of ridiculous accusations. But then I see a Barca fan insult Liverpool and I want them to STFU. I'm so confused. :lol:

And both sides of me want Masch to go to Inter.

XaviMessiGirl

Actually, Masch should go rot in the Liverpool reserves, but that isn't going to happen, plus at the end of the day he IS a fantastic player so doing that would be a huge waste of talent, even though that's what he deserves. So, whatever makes it so I don't have to see him every week. Yes, I'm bitter.

i have always disliked liverpool ever since istanbul 2005 can't stand them!

You like Milan?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
yeah i like milan, especially when i was about 9 or 10, liked them nearly as much as barca. but i don't really support them.

XaviMessiGirl

Why? Do you think Barca's squad will be strong enough with only 18 players (Ibra excluded)? The inclusion of Mascherano makes a huge difference really.

I don't deny he would be a good addition skill-wise, but the main problem here is that we don't want two players (Masch and Busquets) who want to start all the time, it's just going to end up creating another Yaya situation. Masch is used to being a starter, that is what he is made for and he wouldn't take well to sitting on the bench more often than not. It would likely start causing problems in the dressing room. And if he starts over Busquets because of that then I'm just gonna be angry.

AND I don't want someone who will up and refuse to play when he gets unhappy, or "unsettled" as they call it, before a move has even been agreed anywhere near a team I support.

We need a solid backup DM, not another starter.

yeah i like milan, especially when i was about 9 or 10, liked them nearly as much as barca. but i don't really support them.

ah okay. Sorry about 2005 but that is pretty much my happiest footballing moment :p

Barcafan 2304

It does not make snese to me the argument that we dont need Mascherano because we have Busquets. You need a strong squad and competition for places, particularly in modern football.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Well, RAC1 said someone of Barça staff has flown to Liverpool to negotiate for Mascherano.

I didn't pay attention the name of the person.

PD: Ok, I got it, the person was Josep Maria Bartomeu, de vice-president.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
such a contrast in our memories of it. i still remember serginho stepping up looking very nervous, shevchenko not scoring, jerzy dudek jumping around and getting abuse the next day in school :lol:

still i have always preferred barca i have never actually supported milan but i hope they do well and am happy when they got revenge in 2007 ;)

XaviMessiGirl

It does not make snese to me the argument that we dont need Mascherano because we have Busquets. You need a strong squad and competition for places, particularly in modern football.

We need someone besides Busquets yes, I'm not denying that. If he gets injured and we don't have another DM, we're screwed. Which is why we need someone who is a competent backup, not someone who will compete against Busi for the starting spot. Although with the deadline coming up, if we don't get Masch then we likely get nobody, unless there's something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about yet. So this whole thing frankly sucks, because both likely options have a strong chance of hurting us somehow.

Home of Barca Fans