14 - Javier Mascherano

C

cule-ista

Keita's going to be play a bigger role next season, I think... He's not going anywhere. Barca need a midfielder, not to get rid of any.

not to get rid but to swap, only because i think if we keep too many players per position then that might create discord between regulars and bit parters. if we have to make space i would rather keep toure and segi b than kieta, three in the middle is more than adequate company for xavi and iniesta. plus pedro,muniesa and xavi-torres can cover in extreme circumstances without getting fed up of waiting because they'll be at barca atletic.

ceefoo

nothing wrong with passion:snog:

nebeer

Love is All
Reports say Mash would cost over 50 mil Euros and Barca still seem interested. Are we going too far?

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
You only have like 35m to spend so I'd assume not. It's probably why Rafa slapped a 50m price on him, he knows you can't afford it.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
You only have like 35m to spend so I'd assume not. It's probably why Rafa slapped a 50m price on him, he knows you can't afford it.

that was quite clearly a smokescreen to put madrid-type fees out of people's minds.

we had a record high budget last year and this year our sporting success will have only increased that.

not that we'd spend £50m on a DM anyway, but yeah. obviously we think a deal can be done as we met with his agent yesterday.

E

Esteve

that was quite clearly a smokescreen to put madrid-type fees out of people's minds.

we had a record high budget last year and this year our sporting success will have only increased that.

not that we'd spend £50m on a DM anyway, but yeah. obviously we think a deal can be done as we met with his agent yesterday.

I think you're right. Still, I actually don't see Mascherano signing for us.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Well Graham Hunter, a journalist I respect because he isn't a shit stirrer has stated you only have £35m to play with. Not including player sales of course.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Well Graham Hunter, a journalist I respect because he isn't a shit stirrer has stated you only have £35m to play with. Not including player sales of course.

yeah coz that's what the club said.

but there's just no way that's the truth given our financial situation.

or tbh maybe it IS the truth as we've set aside a bunch of money for cesc (which will happen, IMO, he was let go under an interim regime and bringing him back would be a big boon for laporta).

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
we all have different opinions. IMO Mascherano at this moment in time is just ahead of Yaya Toure in terms of what an all out defensive midfielder means. But I like Yaya a lot.

Not for Barca anyway. The Yaya is near perfect for what we need from our DM.

Couldn't have put it better myself actually. Yaya is more needed for Barca than JM because of his height and phyiscal attributes. But in all other areas JM edges Yaya imo, BUT Barca have those areas covered anyway.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
djila > hargreaves > mascherano > tymoschuk > yaya

but as has been said, yaya suits us perfectly in terms of style and all attributes so it doesn't matter if there are better actual DM's out there. for what we need, yaya is aces.

zanela

we all have different opinions. IMO Mascherano at this moment in time is just ahead of Yaya Toure in terms of what an all out defensive midfielder means. But I like Yaya a lot.

Couldn't have put it better myself actually. Yaya is more needed for Barca than JM because of his height and phyiscal attributes. But in all other areas JM edges Yaya imo, BUT Barca have those areas covered anyway.

Yeah! even in the red card dept....U can keep ur Redcardscherano wit u...Yaya wud kick his ass If he cmes here...:D

Home of Barca Fans