14 - Javier Mascherano

Messi983

Apparently he has a big offer from China.

I think he deserves to leave when he wants but I hope we'll convince him to stay until summer. Yes, we can bring Mina in January if Masche wants to leave now but we don't know how Mina will fit into the team and I'm just not confident in Vermaelen's abilities to stay healthy for the rest of the season.

raskolnikov

De ligt should have atleast 4 more Ajax seasons before he should even be transfered. Kid just turned 18 and is learning. Let Ajax take do their thing.
Masche should stay till the summer for sure. After that he can do what he wants.

Messi983

De Ligt won't stay at Ajax for 4 more seasons. If we won't sign him next summer another big club will and then we'll probably never get him. So if we are really seeing him as a future Pique replacement we should sign him.

That said, I wouldn't be against buying De Ligt and letting him on loan at Ajax for another season but for that to happen Masche would need to stay until 2019 (alongside with buying Mina as Vermaelen replacement of course) but it looks like he's already decided to leave.

I just hope we'll speed up Mina transfer not just because we need him with injury problems we have but also because he could use the next 6 months with less pressure to adapt to the team. Otherwise we'll need to integrate two new CBs into the team next summer.

Raketa10

I would let him leave in January only if we buy one hell of a CB otherwise he has to stay until summer. Vermaelen is injury prone so basically now we have 3.5 CB's.

I hope that Tah can be a great CB one day but for now Masche is still way better and regarding Mina no one knows what is his actual level. He might surprise us all negatively or positively.

That said I would prefer De Light and Tah over Mina.

Last edited:

xXKonan

[tw]938059699831951360[/tw]

Seems like he's on his way to China in January, MD wrote yesterday even with Umtiti's injury he still wanted to leave.

xXKonan

According to MD, Mascherano gave the Board an ultimatum to give him an answer on the offer that is already on the table for him.

article also says he's still pretty much hell bent on leaving as he feels he's not important to Valverde and he wants to get more minutes for the WC.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Really sucks although I can accept it as he's earned that right the way he's fought all this years for the shirt, even if the timing is very bad.

Will be very hard to find someone with experience that can play well right away and is eligible for the CL too.

xXKonan

[tw]938894268416086023[/tw]

Says he has an offer from Hebei China Fortune F.C. who would triple his salary and give him more prominence. says the club has two positions on it.

[tw]938894848869969920[/tw]

The First position is.

1. Listen to Mascherano's wishes and come to an beneficial agreement.

The second one

2. Forcing him to stay as we count on him.

Home of Barca Fans