13 - Iñaki Peña

JamDav1982

He is out his depth and niot being helped by about the worst coached Barca back line will ever see.

It is just a panic stations whenever teams go forward with no shape and last ditch tackles aplenty.

JamDav1982

Frenkie is fine.. not a DM but just fine defensively for his role.

Others like Gavi who is about the most dribbled past mid in league gets called immense for 4 tackles... levels.

JamDav1982

Frenkie has been pure trash recently (in defence). Not much to discuss there.

Nah he hasnt been pure trash.. made few mistakes but Gavi did the same and barely passed the ball and gets called immense.

Also been about only player that looks can even win ball back in midfield at times.

Actual fucking defenders like the 'ball playing Kounde' been far fucking worse.

mc_lovin

One is 18 and plays much more advanced. Frenkie caused like 4 goals in the last few games. Let’s call a spade a spade.

JamDav1982

One is 18 and plays much more advanced. Frenkie caused like 4 goals in the last few games. Let’s call a spade a spade.

Gavi was playing deeper this season at times and careering about barely able to get on ball and being called 'immense' when getting dribbled past for fun as made 4/5 tackles.

Haha no he hasnt 'caused' 4 goals at all and been about one of few that looks like can win ball back.. the other bizarely being Lamal at times also.

JamDav1982

I mean we were never this bad defensively with Gavi still there.

Also had MATS in goals...

Also had Gavi in midfield and chasing ball as suffered worst home defeat to Real in decades was it?

Gavi in midfield chasing ball as Sociead absoutely battered Barca and missed chances etc.

Team look absolutely fucked also as Xavi cant rotate due to his signings.

mc_lovin

One big home defeat ;) our recent run is more damning. I don’t hate Frenkie or anything, but he’s been a bum recently. Pure and simple.

Not sure why you feel the need to defend him. Be honest. Doesn’t mean we should ship him off or anything, just basic honesty.

JamDav1982

Aye Gavi was playing with Pena and 16/17 year olds in defence right enough.

Nah he hasnt been a bum at all...level has dropped a bit though as has with all of them.

'Ball playing Kounde' etc have been the real bums... fucking horrific.

mc_lovin

Nah he hasnt been a bum at all...
Again, I am talking defence. He has been. Can hardly remember someone worse than him recently. Got burned badly a bunch of times in 1v1s. Shit positional play as the deepest mid. Dunked on in the air… list goes on.

JamDav1982

Again, I am talking defence. He has been. Can hardly remember someone worse than him recently. Got burned badly a bunch of times in 1v1s. Shit positional play as the deepest mid. Dunked on in the air… list goes on.

He hasnt been.

Against Betis for example he was one of the few that could win the ball back even if beaten on the dribble for a goal that should have been eaily dealt with etc.

Hasnt been a 'bum' when is about only one that looks like can run about and win ball back at times even if like all of them has been chasing ball about in defence with no team shape.

Again... likes of Gavi is one of most dribbled past mids in the league but gets held up immense when makes 4/5 tackles only difference being then the defence were less likely to give up a goal once beaten while now its just calamity.

Trust me FDJ will be better in air in box than Gavi.. who can jump decent for his size at times but good luck having him trying to track like of Sancet running into the box to attack that ball in.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Your bar is incredibly low for him.

Nah its not.

I can agree the shape at back is bad and all of them having isntances could do better but saying he 'caused' a goal v Betis as Henrique got by him and put ball in is nonsense.

That goal as much if not more on Pena/Araujo and one of the many mids that just stood 10 yds off Isco and watched him score.

FDJ in that Betis game was about one of the best ones defensively even if did get beat on that dribble.

Was one of few that looked like could win ball back from them.

Home of Barca Fans