13 - Iñaki Peña

malvolio

I wouldn't criticise him. Just like with Oriol Romeu, he is not to blame as club management shouldn't have let calamities like these play for us.

xXKonan

He's not a real GK.

Won't leave his line, sketchy on the ball and can't defend crosses and piss weak in 1v1 duels.

Sailor Mars

Reminds me of Pinto- who cost Barca the league title in 13/14. This time it'll probably be top 4.

Another L for the Ter Stegen haters.

khaled_a_d

Reminds me of Pinto- who cost Barca the league title in 13/14. This time it'll probably be top 4.

Another L for the Ter Stegen haters.

Pinto was a Zamora winner with Celta mate, he was a very good GK whom we kept renewing till he had no legs to make a reflex.
Peña is like Jorquera, who just accepted to be here at the bench and club was like ok, cool. Back up is sorted, but he was a terrible GK.
In all 3 cases, it was just complacency

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Awww shucks, great goalkeepers are for cowardly clubs who like to park the bus and win matches on the back of great goalkeeping performance.

Here at Barca, our great DNA is above that kind of foolishness and we invest in great outfield players, only.

That's why having Pena is nothing new, we've never had a world class goalkeeper in our whole history. I mean take a look at this list. :banghead:

Vítor Baía
Ruud Hesp
Francesc Arnau
Pepe Reina
Richard Dutruel
Roberto Bonano
Víctor Valdés
José Manuel Pinto
Claudio Bravo
Jesper Cillesen.

vuji_31

His reaction to 4th goal is worthy of never playing again.

He was scored to collect the ball because of clash with opponents foot.

Porque

Awww shucks, great goalkeepers are for cowardly clubs who like to park the bus and win matches on the back of great goalkeeping performance.

Here at Barca, our great DNA is above that kind of foolishness and we invest in great outfield players, only.

That's why having Pena is nothing new, we've never had a world class goalkeeper in our whole history. I mean take a look at this list. :banghead:

Vítor Baía
Ruud Hesp
Francesc Arnau
Pepe Reina
Richard Dutruel
Roberto Bonano
Víctor Valdés
José Manuel Pinto
Claudio Bravo
Jesper Cillesen.

You are missing the GOAT of them all, Sergio Busquets.

Asylum15

Unsurprising how poor this guy was IMO.
His lack of energy, vocality and aggression around the box doesn't fit the profile of a modern top keeper.
That reaction to the Villarreal 4th goal was kick to the face worthy. I'd be furious as a coach if my keeper pulled out like that.

Windhook

Plays part in Xavi's failure in the last couple of months, but it's not just him. Whole of the defensive line is underperforming.

I'm sure he knows how much of disappointment he is and it's affecting his psyche.

My opinion - MATS is the best Barca GK ever ability wise. Valdes is trophy leader, but never considered him a great GK. Lucky he was part of the most talented Barca/Spanish football generation.

Home of Barca Fans