11 - Raphinha

serghei

I'm overall positive about him but pretty disappointed with the number of long range crackers he's scored. One of the most appealing aspects of his game before he came. Scored one against Real in his first pre-season and had me buzzing. But since then basically nothing.

Yeah, totally.

I mean, it was clear from Leeds days that he wasn't some elite dribbler or very gifted in this area in general, but had higher expectations from his powerful shooting from 16-25m range. Very few goals from mid and longer range.

Expect more really in terms of goals. Level of finishing is just not as good as it needs to be. He ups that, he will up his goals numbers and will kick it up a level for sure. Because movement, defensive coverage, tactical intelligence and athleticism are all high.

jamrock

Time for fans to start appreciating him for what he is more.

Raphinha and Kounde are very good signings.

Lewa-okay.

Torres and Alonso - bad.

BJJ

Terrible at finishing. His work rate is good, first touch inconsistent but his finishing really let's him down. He should have 12 to 15 goals this season but only has six, I think.

serghei

He should be kept probably. After his injury, he's been one of our best 3 players easily.

If he ups his level in the future... might be a very very good player. He still misses too many chances, and despite this, he has 1 G/A for every 85 mins played in the league this season.

Only his finishing is stopping him from reaching 30 goals / assists per season. His elite movement, discipline, and fitness would easily enable him to reach that high bar.

serghei

It's interesting.

Raphinha last season:
22 goals / assists in 2930 mins. 1 g/a per 133 mins.

Raphinha this season:
16 goals / assists in 1471 mins. 1 g/a per 92 mins.

Catta

He is still the teams most frustrating player, regardless of his stats. A worse version of Alexis Sanchez. Should be one of the first players to replace after we get a DM and LW.

serghei

He is still the teams most frustrating player, regardless of his stats. A worse version of Alexis Sanchez. Should be one of the first players to replace after we get a DM and LW.
That doesn't say much :lol:. The team is not very close to signing a top LW. The top ones cost a lot of money.

Productivity is by far the most important aspect.

kattanib

He is a hard working lunatic. The guy was still discussing with the ref the offside goal right before the start of the second half .. you would find him on the ground complaining for few seconds after a miss as opposed to getting on with it and focusing on what is in front of him. Personally I believe in mentality and attitude over skills, and for that reason I would never want Raphihna to be part of our starting 11 plan if he continues with the club.

JohnN

He is a hard working lunatic. The guy was still discussing with the ref the offside goal right before the start of the second half .. you would find him on the ground complaining for few seconds after a miss as opposed to getting on with it and focusing on what is in front of him. Personally I believe in mentality and attitude over skills, and for that reason I would never want Raphihna to be part of our starting 11 plan if he continues with the club.
to be fair, that offside decision was so weird, he is justified to discuss it.

Porque

He is a bit better on this left side because with Cancelo coming down the left, he has the opportunity to get in-field where he is more dangerous. While also having the pace, stamina and workrate to get back in due diligence off the ball.

A very valid system player who can affect any game, but doesn't have the technical nor individual ability that we build slower possession football around. A bit like Alexis really.

Should be able to sell and at a good price. But if it can't be adequetely invested then better to keep another season.

vuji_31

Well, he is still much more useful then Felix and Ferran.
I would not mind selling him more 50-60mil min, if we can bring Nico/Leao type of player on LW.

Nico/Felix-Lewa/Roque-Yamal/Ferran is not bad at all.

But again, only if we can get good money, and getting upgrade.

Home of Barca Fans