11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Donatello

No offense taken, but you are probably not serious thinking that I will disclose my real name, CV and identity in a forum like this, where I happily read BBZ's lectures, but still have no idea if he is from Burkina Faso or Lichtenstein...
At least I have sincerely mentioned that I am Hungarian, and that played 60+ games for my NT.

Playing against Argentina is simple and easy: just read back the Hungarian team's setup in either the 1978 or the 1982 game. I was there both times, the difference is that I was on the bench at one of those games with a very minor injury.
That's something I truly regret, because I could have played against Maradona (who had been quite famous at that time, but not yet the icon he became later...)

Coaching... well it is not exactly the most successful story of my carrier.
Started with a youth team at home, then I went to Kuwait for 3 years. Later coached a Hungarian team and we were 3rd in the 1st league, but it happened when most Hungarian teams were sold out to very strange foreign investors (at the time when the political system changed), so I again left the country, because football was the least important thing in the club those days.
So I went to India and coached three different teams there for quite some years.

I do love India, my time there was fabulous and unforgettable, but not a real success story. The rankings of my teams were great, wages were fine, but it is very difficult to play or coach in India.
Most players are amateurs or half-amateurs, it's not an advantage, but weather is the worst enemy there.
It's either 45-47 degrees on the pitch, or you simply can't really have a "normal" training in the monsoon (rainy season), so the remaining months are too intense to build up a team and when something starts to form, heat and rain comes again...
But is was great, just not a great success from the professional point of view.
The result also was good, because I learnt Hindi and I like the place so much that each year I return there for 2-3 weeks, to see some friends and to have a bite of the aromatic air...

My last coaching engagement was in Qatar where I was an assistant-coach for a year (as a matter of fact the exact same club where Xavi is/was right now). My contract was for 3 years, but I left after a year, simply because I didn't like the place. Imagine, I stayed in a 5* hotel for a year (along with another Brazilian coach), because they said they could only provide me a house or flat if I undertake that I will return home before midnight... A 5* hotel is nice, but for a year??? That's a very strange place... not my coup of tea...

But I'm still sort of close to the game and I'm happy about that. Once a week we play football with my ex teammates, it's great fun, and I've been also frequently invited to a local TV channel to provide pre- and post game commentaries. It's not bad financially but often it is very stressing.
Imagine, there is a game, you watch it with the others, say your opinion. Fine.
But it often happens (CL & EL and other cups) that there is an overall summary of the games simultaneously played, and you still have to share your few sentences on each and every one of those, on games and teams, players and even strange situations of a game - that you did not actually see... You saw as much as the viewers have seen... A 5 minute summary... That's "modern", but silly...

This much I can easily share with you.
If you don't believe me - well, I won't hang myself on the ceiling...
But I guess, just guess, that anyone "inventing" a story like that at the age of 65 is either insane or has a serious personality disorder for sure...

If I wished lying about myself, I'd have rather invented my imaginary picture being 32 year old and I'd share that with only female fans - definitely not above 25...

Wow, that's great, makes your claim much more believable now.

I know, anonymity is important and I respect that.

Just one question, how come you stumbled upon this forum?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Delhi, Calcutta and Bombay for a short period.
(Okay, Kolkata and Mumbai, but sorry I just can't get used to the new-old names of those cities...)

Wow - Did not know football had such pull in Delhi and Mumbai. Typically Kerala and Kolkata had showed good amount of love for football

Potroh

Just one question, how come you stumbled upon this forum?

I mainly started following Barca due to Ronaldinho and Messi.
After some years I was curious if there was an English forum existing, where Barca followers exchange their views and thoughts. I don't speak Spanish, so I found this forum.
There is a Barca forum in my country as well, but it's a bit dull, repetitive and the like.
This forum can be a pain in the neck sometimes, but I read a lot of nice thoughts, some folks are truly clever and observant, and contribute a lot of interesting thoughts...

Potroh

Typically Kerala and Kolkata had showed good amount of love for football

Absolutely true.
But Delhi is not a bad place for the game, of course Calcutta is the football-fort in India. Calcutta is the only place in the country where football is more important than cricket is.

mampilly

Absolutely true.
But Delhi is not a bad place for the game, of course Calcutta is the football-fort in India. Calcutta is the only place in the country where football is more important than cricket is.

No In kerala. Here football is more Important

Pedro

La Masia
If Liverpool go through tonight the blame will be with Dembouz for missing the chance to make it 4-0 at the end, he also missed a open goal vs. Roma

ATLBarcaFan

If Liverpool go through tonight the blame will be with Dembouz for missing the chance to make it 4-0 at the end, he also missed a open goal vs. Roma

This is a joke, right? If we blow a 3-0 lead to Liverpool without Salah and Firmino and less than fit VVD, we don't deserve to go through.

Home of Barca Fans