11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
tuchel really admires his game

Who wouldn't? He has everything needed to become one of the best players in the world. The only question was his commitment and mentality (according to the media) and he's shown that he can turn things around.

He's electrifying and in a different system could even be better. I won't lie I wasn't sure about him and was disgusted we paid so Much for him but hes looking like he may be worth it.

I thoroughly enjoy watching him play and am always disappointed when he gets subbed off or he isn't given the ball more in game.

FCBfan22

IDK what is the point of playing him as #9, since his main strengts is the utilizing of space.

Bad game, but out of position.

clemente

It was good, he was making runs that simply noone else besides Messi could make, really insane, if he chisels out his last finishing touch he will be seriously unstoppable.

Devils

Showed great potential to be a central player.

No doubt he can develop into an UNREAL false 9 in the future.

Riordon

Glad to see him take those runs. He usually wants the ball between the lines but this was something new. Now he needs to stop make that fake-shot dribble and just shoot when in front of the goalkeeper.

Created three clear-cut chances with those runs.

Messi983

IDK what is the point of playing him as #9, since his main strengts is the utilizing of space.

Bad game, but out of position.

Nothing wrong trying him as a false 9. It would be stupid to use him in that role with Messi and/or Suarez in the lineup but yesterday was a perfect opportunity to experiment. What if both Messi and Suarez are unavailable in more important game and we would need to find another solution for attack? I don't think he was really that bad and he had some space to work with but it was clear he's not used/comfortable to play there which is understandable since this was the first time he played that role IIRC (with Barça clearly but I don't think he ever played as a false 9 with Dortmund and Rennes either). Maybe with more experience in that role and with other players/better team performance around him he could do more against teams playing with higher backline but he would struggle against teams sitting deep.

xXKonan

KjgXq4L.png

A user on the Barca Reddit named Pek-man made a chart consisting of Barca's best dribblers since 2009 and Dembele not to bad honestly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Barca/comments/af7hu1/the_best_dribblers_in_the_blaugrana_shirt_since/

Home of Barca Fans