11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Nothanks

lol

so let me get this straight

a) he missed training without telling the team
b) he was found out to be partying/hanging out with friends and able to train the next day (nullifying the sick excuse)
c) he misses next league as obvious punishment

and you find it "baffling" that fans might find that worth talking about?

soul24rage

lol

so let me get this straight

a) he missed training without telling the team
b) he was found out to be partying/hanging out with friends and able to train the next day (nullifying the sick excuse)
c) he misses next league as obvious punishment

and you find it "baffling" that fans might find that worth talking about?

Exactly. we don't care what he does outside the pitch as long as he performing on the pitch. But it's clear that the outside influence is having an effect on him and this consequence is affecting the barca team as we could have his quality vs Betis when the only forward options we had were the likes of munir and denis.

BBZ8800

One thing that is quite amusing and baffling at the same time is the number of posts this thread generates without Dembele actually playing. It's been 12 days since he has last played for Barca and this thread has produced thirty pages of pointless arguments during this period, lel. At least base your accusations on what you see on the pitch and not MD's sensationalist headlines.

I agree that Dembele has attitude issues, but so far this season he's been performing well rather than badly, albeit his form is hot and cold.

We can talk about his match for France.
There are a lot of players in our team who are not good enough for us, like Rafinha, Munir, Vermaelen etc.
But what is the point of talking bad about them when no one is expecting anything from them?

On the other hand, high expectations from Dembele, his 145M price, posts like: the new Neymar, a generational talent, the biggest young talent in the world, a future Ballon D Or winner, future Barca's leader etc are causing a lot of problems.
I mean, I didn't shit too much on Deulofeu since he was a 10-15M guy.
We didn't invest much and if he failed: who cares?
With Dembele, this is possibly the most expensive failure in Barca's history.

Also, I can't believe that people are still defending him with posts like:
1. EV is stupid
2. Barca's team is bad, we are not moving off the ball, this is why "poor Dembele" is losing balls, since his teammates are not moving well enough
3. he is young, he needs time, he will improve, blah blah

For a second, you guys who still believe that he is a generational talent, try to watch this video and imagine that a guy in the video is Adama/Deulofue/Halilovic or someone similar.
If one of them would have played like this, we would all agree: this guy sucks, he shouldn't be nowhere near Barca or NT level.

Also, look at this video. He is playing for France, world champions.
His teammates are running and moving. They are playing counters.
In this match, Dembele touched the ball 17 times.
He made 6 simple backpasses, 1 successful sideway pass and he lost the ball on 10 occasions, lol.
So, he lost the ball in 59% of actions in which he was involved.
Isn't that quite shocking?

Nobody is denying that he has flashes of brilliance, but his overal game is just shocking.

So, his defenders should stop with: Ev is stupid and Barca's teammates are not running.
Or my new favorite: you hate him because he is black :lol:
I hate him because he can't play a simple pass and yet we paid him 145M.
Could you guys explain why did he lose 10 balls out of 17 against Netherlands?
We can't blame EV and Rakitic/Suarez this time.

Last edited:

Vilarrubi

We can talk about his match for France.
There are a lot of players in our team who are not good enough for us, like Rafinha, Munir, Vermaelen etc.
But what is the point of talking bad about them when no one is expecting anything from them?

On the other hand, high expectations from Dembele, his 145M price, posts like: the new Neymar, a generational talent, the biggest young talent in the world, a future Ballon D Or winner, future Barca's leader etc are causing a lot of problems.
I mean, I didn't shit too much on Deulofeu since he was a 10-15M guy.
We didn't invest much and if he failed: who cares?
With Dembele, this is possibly the most expensive failure in Barca's history.

Also, I can't believe that people are still defending him with posts like:
1. EV is stupid
2. Barca's team is bad, we are not moving off the ball, this is why "poor Dembele" is losing balls, since his teammates are not moving well enough
3. he is young, he needs time, he will improve, blah blah

For a second, you guys who still believe that he is a generational talent, try to watch this video and imagine that a guy in the video is Adama/Deulofue/Halilovic or someone similar.
If one of them would have played like this, we would all agree: this guy sucks, he shouldn't be nowhere near Barca or NT level.

Also, look at this video. He is playing for France, world champions.
His teammates are running and moving. They are playing counters.
In this match, Dembele touched the ball 17 times.
He made 6 simple backpasses, 1 successful sideway pass and he lost the ball on 10 occasions, lol.
So, he lost the ball in 59% of actions in which he was involved.
Isn't that quite shocking?

Nobody is denying that he has flashes of brilliance, but his overal game is just shocking.

So, his defenders should stop with: Ev is stupid and Barca's teammates are not running.
Or my new favorite: you hate him because he is black :lol:
I hate him because he can't play a simple pass and yet we paid him 145M.
Could you guys explain why did he lose 10 balls out of 17 against Netherlands?
We can't blame EV and Rakitic/Suarez this time.

+1

His passing, movement and IQ on the pitch have been shocking at times.. and his flashes of brilliance don’t make up for them.

The guy who posted him being our 4th best player based on stats is laughable.. you just have to watch Dembele to know he hasn’t integrated properly in the team yet. Also that list showed Arthur as our 17th best player when he’s come in and looked like he’s played for us for years.

That being said I hope Dembele succeeds and fast... if not I’d rather sell and make back as much as we can.

El Flaco

[tw]1064536660933844992[/tw]

Luis Suarez on Ousmane Dembélé in today's Uruguay press conference: "I think being a footballer is a privilege. I think he should focus on football, and take inspiration from the exemplary professionals in the Barcelona dressing room."

Barcilliant

People focusing on Dembele but as mentioned by someone else that Coutinho has been pretty shit. Coutinho is experienced at the highest level, has been playing on a regular basis but has still been quite poor.

Valverde is the problem here. He just has no idea how to set up a team, develop youngsters and rotate.

Barca83

Banned
If member krakdol is saying dembele is a nice boy, who are we to say opposite, he probably also know him in person, just like that other member

So this whole agenda against demboy could be because he is black

It's not because he's black

It's because he's a narcissistic, weak minded soyboy on 12m wages who cost 140m, constantly shows up late, has a terrible attitude, has little ability other than being fast, and has only played one great game in the last 15 months

BBZ8800

People focusing on Dembele but as mentioned by someone else that Coutinho has been pretty shit. Coutinho is experienced at the highest level, has been playing on a regular basis but has still been quite poor.

Valverde is the problem here. He just has no idea how to set up a team, develop youngsters and rotate.

Segura, Suarez, Puyol, Pique talking about Dembele's attitude in the last 10 days.
Nobody talking about Coutinho's problems or attitude.

And you are blaming Ev...

A question: when was the last time when so many of our players, legends and staff were raising concerns about a specific player?

It is not an agenda.
There seems to be a lot of problems with Dembele in the dressing room and off the pitch.

People said that Suarez is an idiot for yelling at Dembele in some matches.
What if Suarez is pissed off with 10s of Dembele's stupid mistakes which we don't know, which are happening every day on training grounds?

FCBfan22

Again, we are mixing 2 issues here. One is Dembele not performing, because he is juvenile and unprofessional prick (allegedly) and the other is our team underperforming because of Ernie.

They can be related or not, but the first one is on Dembele only and the other is on Ernie being an incompetent fuck. Most of our squad suffers because of the 2nd point, including Coutinho, who was overplayed lately and moved to LW, for which he lacks stamina.

Joan

Luis Suarez on Ousmane Dembélé in today's Uruguay press conference: "I think being a footballer is a privilege. I think he should focus on football, and take inspiration from the exemplary professionals in the Barcelona dressing room."

It's known Suarez has a clear agenda against Dembele. Just like Sport. And Valverde. For being black. And it's not a secret Suarez is a racist. If he wasn't a footballer, he'd be trolling here with us in Dembele's thread. Like other haters. With agenda. Right.

wisconsincule

If we sell him and he becomes a super star. I would die.

We will have a new manager next season. If he fails under that new manager too then I’m fine if we move on.

BBZ8800

If we sell him and he becomes a super star. I would die.

We will have a new manager next season. If he fails under that new manager too then I’m fine if we move on.

Try to name one footballer who ruled the world and had:
Low-ish IQ, bad decisions, had problems with simple passes, was bad at shielding the ball, wasn't a natural attacker, had problems with professionalism and off field things.

Everything is possible, but...

Also, remember that new players/wingers are emerging all the time.
Dembele is not only "fighting" at the highest level with current wingers/playmakers like Messi, Cr7, Dybala, Bale and similar.
But with 10s of new kids like Mbappe, Vinicius, Sane, Richarlison, Malcom, Sancho etc.
In the next 2-3 years, we will see new 5-6 similar kids.
Then, when Dembele will be 26, we will see new 5-6 similar kids.
By his age 30, we will see 10-20 new kids of that level.

Givenchy

Try to name one footballer who ruled the world and had:
Low-ish IQ, bad decisions, had problems with simple passes, was bad at shielding the ball, wasn't a natural attacker, had problems with professionalism and off field things.

Everything is possible, but...

Also, remember that new players/wingers are emerging all the time.
Dembele is not only "fighting" at the highest level with current wingers/playmakers like Messi, Cr7, Dybala, Bale and similar.
But with 10s of new kids like Mbappe, Vinicius, Sane, Richarlison, Malcom, Sancho etc.
In the next 2-3 years, we will see new 5-6 similar kids.
Then, when Dembele will be 26, we will see new 5-6 similar kids.
By his age 30, we will see 10-20 new kids of that level.

this is the main problem and why i've seen the light; he'll never succeed here and i don't see him reaching his 'ballon d'or winner' potential.

Mbappe is streets ahead in terms of attitude and mentality, an intelligent player and hes 2 years younger. Sancho is one to watch out for but fuck ever buying from Dortmund again

Dembele would do fine under Klopp if he gets his ass in gear but hes always gonna be this headless chicken type player.

hulinat

hes clearly a kid who's a multi millionaire and he's set for life and knows it. he doesn't give a fuck since he thinks the can do anything he wants without consequesness. Spoilet brat basically, not Barca material.

Home of Barca Fans