11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

LMTR14

I read a lot of team fan forums and I can safely say this one is the worst on the internet. It makes redcafe look like a heavenly place.

I also suspect this stupid witch hunt on Dembélé based on nothing (or based on stupid clickwhore websites, which is nothing too) would somehow be more subsided if Dembele wasn't black.

Dembélé is a nice kid and his stats here are pretty good all things considered. Whoscored ranks him as the 4th best player on the team, 1st among the youngters, that's fine to me. The rest is soap opera. But go on inventing dramas and lies.

This quest is stupid anyway. When you buy a kid 150 million $ you're forced to invest in him as long as needed since otherwise you lose dozens of million $ by selling him at the wrong time, something Barcelona can't afford. I'm pretty sure the board knows that and won't sell under any circonstance. So it's a lot of noise for nothing we have here.

this forum is great cause you can say what you think and don't get banned immediately like it happens in other places...

and to say dembele is getting more flak for his antics because he is black is so idiotic I have no words for it (remember e.g. neymar or ronaldinho, who were fan favourites?! and honestly, the player people here are hating on the most is suarez). In fact being black HELPS your chances to land a spot at an european first league football club! just look at the numbers. black peoples in europe: less than 1 %. black people in football clubs in european first leagues: my estimation is that the ratio is at least 5-10 times bigger, and it's definitely rising! in Austria, only 20 years ago seeing a black guy play in the league (!) was extremely uncommon. now it's commonplace that every club has multiple black players (at RB Salzburg sometimes there were more than white players even in the starting squad)

and, who gives a shit about race, he is an individual. race only matters in the bigger picture (demography and such). in top level football you have to hire the best players period

Last edited:

Messigician

this forum is great cause you can say what you think and don't get banned immediately like it happens in other places...

+1 to add to your point I haven't seen one Barcelona supporter at red cafe that is a full member they hate us there, they even prefer liverpool fans

FCBfan22

The bottom line is: if there are issues he has (with help from the club) until the end of the season to resolve them. We have hired people to help our players before with various things (like Pepe Costa) and we should do that again, especially for players for whom we paid so much money. If he doesn't, we should sell. As simple as that.

If there is no issues, time will tell that.

slvtn

loaning him out for even half a season is pretty likely to decrease his value. I still think this attitude problem could be fixed. Some legendary retired player he maybe looks up to (Pele or somebody of equal importance and status) should be hired to have a talk with him and convince him to change his ways. Maybe a lil naive but I for one would still go for that option.

I think no one should be hired to convince him of an attitude that should be self-evident for a sportsman. There should rather be a talk that reveals him the consequences of that behaviour. The club offered a fee for him that is ridiculous for a player who has literally played one and a half good seasons. That sets some huge faith and confidence in his talent. I wish he would show more of this shining examples of his talent rather than this bullshit. If he continues to act like a prick, fee him in relation to his wages and if that doesn't work, sell him. He showed talent and scored some nice goals, but it's not like he isn't replaceable.

Jombi

loaning him out for even half a season is pretty likely to decrease his value. I still think this attitude problem could be fixed. Some legendary retired player he maybe looks up to (Pele or somebody of equal importance and status) should be hired to have a talk with him and convince him to change his ways. Maybe a lil naive but I for one would still go for that option.

His value as long as he stays with us and the situation doesnt improve is low. I dont think we can rule out that we would look to loan him out and hope he has a great season and a bidding war for him can happen. Its very risky for a club to pay a lot of money for him now.

BusiTheKing

it's definitely a possibility that being black has something to do with it, either on a conscious or subconscious level, but i'd say that his attitude on the pitch is the main catalyst. there's simply too little fight. if you want fans on your side, you have to show that you play for the team and not yourself.

Potroh

it's definitely a possibility that being black has something to do with it, either on a conscious or subconscious level

Those who have read the Luis Suarez interview two weeks ago (not the Barca Suarez but the Spanish, the old one) know and understand the trend!
He "explained" in length why black footballers are of low IQ, why their "rural mentality" forbids them to amalgamate into the non-black community of other players, why they have nothing else but speed and physical skills, and the ENTIRE interview focused on Dembele as being the worst example...

Couple of years ago an outburst like that would have easily made the respected old player to disappear from the scene, but today all you could see was tonnes of forum messages here and there trying to hail the old guy and twisted explanations to aid his - not even hidden - racism...

Messigician

Those who have read the Luis Suarez interview two weeks ago (not the Barca Suarez but the Spanish, the old one) know and understand the trend!
He "explained" in length why black footballers are of low IQ, why their "rural mentality" forbids them to amalgamate into the non-black community of other players, why they have nothing else but speed and physical skills, and the ENTIRE interview focused on Dembele as being the worst example...

Couple of years ago an outburst like that would have easily made the respected old player to disappear from the scene, but today all you could see was tonnes of forum messages here and there trying to hail the old guy and twisted explanations to aid his - not even hidden - racism...

1 he is a Barcelona legend

2 He was born in the 30s lay off him different time.

3 Freedom of speech he ain't hurting anyone with his opinion

BusiTheKing

lol what? what you're describing was really published? Can you give a link? that sounds like blatant pseudo-scientific racism

Andresito

Staff member
His value as long as he stays with us and the situation doesnt improve is low. I dont think we can rule out that we would look to loan him out and hope he has a great season and a bidding war for him can happen. Its very risky for a club to pay a lot of money for him now.

If he can't motivate himself with Messi and the guys at the best club in the world, how is he going to motivate himself in let's say a rainy London with lazy teammates like Özil.

Plus his career isn't in danger. We paid a lot for him and there's always going to be a club that'll want him.
We won't keep him in the stands for long.
Compare it to Denis who has to leave if he wants to have a future.

Theoretically a loan would be great. But in this case it won't work, because frankly Dembélé doesn't seem to give a fuck about anything really.

BBZ8800

About these comments how we should hire someone to talk with him...
I think that you guys are naive.

You are who you are.
You can change slightly over time in a natural way, not in 2 Months.

It is like saying: someone needs to talk to a user Bbz and maybe then he will have more faith in young players.
Lol, hell I won't.

Or: someone should talk to a user Konan and tell him to lower his faith in La Masia players.
Lol. It won't happen.

Or tell to DonAndres to put more importance on physical skills of players.

It is not as if WE can't change over time.
I will have more faith in youngsters if SEVERAL different youngsters will prove me wrong.
But it will take a few years at least.
Konan will lose his faith in youngsters ONLY if they will turn shit for several years in a row.
He won't change his mind in 2 Months.
DonAndres will (maybe) change his mind only if physically weak players will suck for years.

So, the same is about Dembele.
He CAN change and mature.
But not in a few Months.
That change can happen slowly over years and ONLY if he will accept and agree that HE was doing a lot of things wrong.

So, if he is thinking:
It is not my fault. EV is guilty.
= he won't change
I have done everything right, played well and brought some points to a team.
= he won't change

If Dembele shares the same views as his friend Maxim4 or a French guy Krakdol, and if he is thinking:
= they hate me because I am black
= Sport has some agenda against me
He won't change.

The only way to succeed is to live a healthy life, be focused on football, train harder, not being late, learn Spanish, change his game to fit to our style more, create friendships and a chemistry with teammates.

If he will do all of that, then there is a chance.
But he will have a good attitude and questionable footballing skills and decisons.

Anyway, he is not a 6 years old kid and his attitude and personaly won't change just because someone talked with him.

One more time, try to convince any user in this topic that his opinion about Dembele is wrong: Maxim, Krakdol, Bbz, Total football, Messigician etc.

If you can't change/convince us, normal people who are not celebrities, why do you think that it is simple to change Dembele's behavior and attitude, when he is earning 13M per year, living with his buddies, playing playstation 24/7, and doing whatever he wants?

LMTR14

racism doesn't even exist, it's nothing but a leftist smokescreen propaganda buzzword and that is evidenced that there isn't even a common definition of it! it's just a hateful word people like to throw around these days. blacks prefer to surround themselves with blacks because they usually share a common culture. but every race does that (only insane globalists would negate that fact)! and obviously speed is more likely to be their defining factor as they have biological advantages in that department (ever seen a white 100m champion?). that is a biological fact

race/ethnicity and culture are often thrown together as they usually (but clearly not always) overlap - and that is in fact exactly what leads to misconstructions like "racism" (haven't read the interview in question, but that suarez guy might also have made that very mistake! in fact dembele himself might also have fallen prey to this fallacy!) in dembele's case, it's obviously nonsense to say his friends are a bad influence on him cause they are black. it's correct to say they are of low cultural level though! in other words, you can't shed your skin, but you clearly can evolve culturally. and that is what he has to do in order to have a future as a barca player.

so CORRECT: saying he is struggling because of culture (and individual flaws)
INCORRECT: saying he is struggling because of race

then again, what is a coach? somebody who tells the players what to do. I can see no reason why dembele couldn't learn his lesson (other than maybe crippling psychological problems, and I doubt he is THAT depressed by his situation. he can always have a fresh start at a new club, plus he is earning millions whatever he does!). what I've read little about here though is whether his teammates still want him in the mix though, that aspect is important too. if that is the case, the top players and the coach should voice that publically and do everything they can to integrate him and break his isolation. like bbz says above, there is a dilemma situation right now. either overcome it or sell him in the winter, those are the alternatives

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

You are who you are.
You can change slightly over time in a natural way, not in 2 Months.

It is like saying: someone needs to talk to a user Bbz and maybe then he will have more faith in young players.
Lol, hell I won't.

Or: someone should talk to a user Konan and tell him to lower his faith in La Masia players.
Lol. It won't happen.

Or tell to DonAndres to put more importance on physical skills of players.

It is not as if WE can't change over time.
I will have more faith in youngsters if SEVERAL different youngsters will prove me wrong.
But it will take a few years at least.
Konan will lose his faith in youngsters ONLY if they will turn shit for several years in a row.
He won't change his mind in 2 Months.
DonAndres will (maybe) change his mind only if physically weak players will suck for years.

So, the same is about Dembele.
He CAN change and mature.
But not in a few Months.
That change can happen slowly over years and ONLY if he will accept and agree that HE was doing a lot of things wrong.

So, if he is thinking:
It is not my fault. EV is guilty.
= he won't change
I have done everything right, played well and brought some points to a team.
= he won't change

If Dembele shares the same views as his friend Maxim4 or a French guy Krakdol, and if he is thinking:
= they hate me because I am black
= Sport has some agenda against me
He won't change.

The only way to succeed is to live a healthy life, be focused on football, train harder, not being late, learn Spanish, change his game to fit to our style more, create friendships and a chemistry with teammates.

If he will do all of that, then there is a chance.
But he will have a good attitude and questionable footballing skills and decisons.

Anyway, he is not a 6 years old kid and his attitude and personaly won't change just because someone talked with him.

One more time, try to convince any user in this topic that his opinion about Dembele is wrong: Maxim, Krakdol, Bbz, Total football, Messigician etc.

If you can't change/convince us, normal people who are not celebrities, why do you think that it is simple to change Dembele's behavior and attitude, when he is earning 13M per year, living with his buddies, playing playstation 24/7, and doing whatever he wants?

Great post! Dembele has a messed up priorities.

Jombi

Dismissing players you know nothing about simply because they are a certain age, like you do with Arthur, De Jong etc is just silly. Now you will use Dembele to attack future signings who have nothing to do with Dembele, which is equally silly. We dropped the ball by going for Dembele instead of the younger Mbappe. Even Coutinho has so far not been any better than Cesc was for us, which is also worrying. We seemed totally desperate without a plan after we got that Neymar money.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
One thing that is quite amusing and baffling at the same time is the number of posts this thread generates without Dembele actually playing. It's been 12 days since he has last played for Barca and this thread has produced thirty pages of pointless arguments during this period, lel. At least base your accusations on what you see on the pitch and not MD's sensationalist headlines.

I agree that Dembele has attitude issues, but so far this season he's been performing well rather than badly, albeit his form is hot and cold.

Home of Barca Fans