11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

BBZ8800

That's what is more troubling with EV. He didn't even start him once on the left wing. He went as far as playing
Suarez as left striker and Coutinhoo as right midfielder but couldn't use Dembouz on the lef..

He played on the left in some matches.
For example, when he got injured for the first time in our shirt, he started on the right, was absolutely invisible, the he was switched to the left and got injured.
In some other matches, especially in his first few matches, he played some parts of the matches on the left, but at least for now, he wasn't too impressive on the left in our shirt.

Later in the season we had Alba, Iniesta and Coutinho on the left so there was no room for new

Last edited:

henias

He played on the left in some matches.
For example, when he got injured for the first time in our shirt, he started on the right, was absolutely invisible, the he was switched to the left and got injured.
In some other matches, especially in his first few matches, he played some parts of the matches on the left, but at least for now, he wasn't too impressive on the left in our shirt.

Later in the season we had Alba, Iniesta and Coutinho on the left so there was no room for new

No he didnt.

Joan

Yeah and people like you somehow expect Dembele to transform into some kind of beast under Valverde. Fucking ridiculous. At least Deschamps has much more confidence in him.

:lol:

Is your every post about Valverde?

Of course I have high expectations. Isn't that how it should be?

henias

:lol:

Is your every post about Valverde?

Of course I have high expectations. Isn't that how it should be?

If you are talking about Dembele being inconsistent then yes. You really cant expect him to improve tremendously under Valverde.

Why? Are you triggered? Valverde fans have been shitting on Dembele all over, high expectations? Look at our team's performances and you'd still have high expectations? :lol: Funny.

PhilS

Perhaps we should try him as a LW next season. At least try it out a few times.

Interesting. Coutinho can't play every game. If Griezman comes, I have no idea how the rotations will pan out among the attack force. Except that Paco would not play at all. With true quality depth of goal scorers, Valverde may go away from the 4-4-2.

JamDav1982

Of course he can improve under Valverde.

He wont play like he does for France. Completely different set up and to be a big player at Barca he needs to adapt his game more.

Joan

If you are talking about Dembele being inconsistent then yes. You really cant expect him to improve tremendously under Valverde.

Why? Are you triggered? Valverde fans have been shitting on Dembele all over, high expectations? Look at our team's performances and you'd still have high expectations? :lol: Funny.

Why can't I expect him to perform consistently under Valverde?

Why would I be triggered? Just noticing more or less your every post is about Valverde.

Our team has been consistent this season. That's why we won the league. What's your point?

Also, if not high, what my expectations should be like for him?

Offtopic, I'm not a Valverde fan in particular. Just support the coach and value things he's done.

henias

Why can't I expect him to perform consistently under Valverde?

Why would I be triggered? Just noticing more or less your every post is about Valverde.

Our team has been consistent this season. That's why we won the league. What's your point?

Also, if not high, what my expectations should be like for him?

Offtopic, I'm not a Valverde fan in particular. Just support the coach and value things he's done.

And then ironically have ridiculously high expectations for Dembele and not value the things he offers? Dembele is the spark that Barca needs atm, and if you don't build on that then cant expect him to improve or the team to look any better.

Our team hasnt been consistent one bit, and we looked exceptionally a shadow of ourselves in late season. Only individual brilliances by a few players and lost count how inconsistent Suarez is. Many reasons and factors why we won the league, especially this season. I would love to see how we perform the next season.

Joan

And then ironically have ridiculously high expectations for Dembele and not value the things he offers? Dembele is the spark that Barca needs atm, and if you don't build on that then cant expect him to improve or the team to look any better.

Our team hasnt been consistent one bit, and we looked exceptionally a shadow of ourselves in late season. Only individual brilliances by a few players and lost count how inconsistent Suarez is. Many reasons and factors why we won the league, especially this season. I would love to see how we perform the next season.

How come I don't value things he offers? I do, as can be seen from this thread. Just want him to be more hardworking and willing to participate. What's wrong with that?

Suarez was hot and cold, but he's not the team. Team was winning all season, had its ups and downs but mostly consistent. I could go on now how rotations were bad and form poorly managed, which is true, but not the point.

henias

How come I don't value things he offers? I do, as can be seen from this thread. Just want him to be more hardworking and willing to participate. What's wrong with that?

Suarez was hot and cold, but he's not the team. Team was winning all season, had its ups and downs but mostly consistent. I could go on now how rotations were bad and form poorly managed, which is true, but not the point.

Ups and down, but mostly consistent? Quite the juxtaposition right there. Of course, if you were to judge Dembele by the inconsistent minutes this season, then it's not fair to compare with the team who had played every week.

So, get a grip, it's much more accurate if you judge Dembele next season and from what I know Dembele has recorded at least a goal or an assist per game from the number of games he's played.

So, not sure what inconsistency you're babbling about. People are too focused on him, which is why it's easy to spot mistakes or mispasses but if you compare his stats or pass completion rate, he isn't worst than most players and has created more chances than most players besides Messi. Coutinho himself has been dispossessed as much as Dembele, yet the attacking output from this two has been tremendous. People need to be more reasonable, you cant have everything in a player. Every player has flaws but what is important is their strengths.

Also, Dembele can score, it's a common misconception that he cant, he cant yada yada. Even Coutinho is a good source of goals and has been producing much more than he was at Liverpool. Both of them are the two highest dribblers apart from Messi and what more do you want? He's also not known to defend as well but he will adapt, even replacing Suarez with him would see us attacking and transitioning much quicker. But cant really expect too much from an attacker.

Last edited:

Joan

Ups and down, but mostly consistent? Quite the juxtaposition right there. Of course, if you were to judge Dembele by the inconsistent minutes this season, then it's not fair to compare with the team who had played every week.

Yes, ups and down. There were times we looked better and times we looked worse but still consistent enough to win most of the games and seal the league. What's the problem?

So, get a grip, it's much more accurate if you judge Dembele next season and from what I know Dembele has recorded at least a goal or an assist per game from the number of games he's played.

So, not sure what inconsistency you're babbling about. People are too focused on him, which is why it's easy to spot mistakes or mispasses but if you compare his stats or pass completion rate, he isn't worst than most players and has created more chances than most players besides Messi. Coutinho himself has been dispossessed as much as Dembele, yet the attacking output from this two has been tremendous. People need to be more reasonable, you cant have everything in a player. Every player has flaws but what is important is their strengths.

I talk about being great for 10 minutes and then switching off. That inconsistency.

In the end, he had a great game yesterday. A goal, a few good passes, hit the crossbar... but that doesn't tell you enough.

Also, Dembele can score, it's a common misconception that he cant, he cant yada yada. Even Coutinho is a good source of goals and has been producing much more than he was at Liverpool. Both of them are the two highest dribblers apart from Messi and what more do you want? He's also not known to defend as well but he will adapt, even replacing Suarez with him would see us attacking and transitioning much quicker. But cant really expect too much from an attacker.

Want him to work harder and try to stay focused on the game. Nothing more.

Home of Barca Fans