11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

gasgas

Wingers/forwards lose the ball all the time.
They are paid to try stuff and make things happen, hence 4 key passes, 1 assist, 62.5% dribble success by Dembele yesterday.

Since when are wingers supposed to be serial backpassers?
Do you enjoy Gomez on the wing?

JamDav1982

Dembele had a very good game.

Cant be worried about him or attacking players losing the ball too much if they are also producing at same time.

Although do agree he needs to find a way of playing well in system built on Messi. It is not a coincidence that by far his best 120-130 mins this season has been with Messi not on the pitch.

Tekkers

he can afford to lose the ball vs teams from the bottom, where his team mates will get it back, but since he is shit at defending, losing that amount of ball vs top teams is dangerous, so he still should not have place in the first 11
Vs CL teams

How is he "shit" at defending? Are you comparing his defense to other wingers (his position) or players like Kante or Casemiro, which is completely unrealistic? He pressed intelligently this game, so I don't see what the problem is.

And who is going to start for Barca in place of Dembele next week? You understand Chelsea only need to score one goal right and another playmaker on the field would be vital against that defense?

gasgas

How is he "shit" at defending? Are you comparing his defense to other wingers (his position) or players like Kante or Casemiro, which is completely unrealistic? He pressed intelligently this game, so I don't see what the problem is.

And who is going to start for Barca in place of Dembele next week? You understand Chelsea only need to score one goal right and another playmaker on the field would be vital against that defense?

Gomes silly :rockon:

M

MessiCam

Wingers/forwards lose the ball all the time.
They are paid to try stuff and make things happen, hence 4 key passes, 1 assist, 62.5% dribble success by Dembele yesterday.

Since when are wingers supposed to be serial backpassers?
Do you enjoy Gomez on the wing?
Well said, but what is grating my nuts is that Dembélé is being held to ridiculously high standards for a 20 year old kid. He is no Messi and never will be.

Coutinho gets a pass for the same ball loss while Dembélé gets lambasted for it despite the former being just as bad but significantly more experienced.

The narrative here definitely appears to be Dembélé must fail so I can boast about being right all along.

M

MessiCam

Cant be worried about him or attacking players losing the ball too much if they are also producing at same time.

Although do agree he needs to find a way of playing well in system built on Messi. It is not a coincidence that by far his best 120-130 mins this season has been with Messi not on the pitch.

This.

booge

If you watch the highlights, he is taking up Messi's position.

Still good to see his speed. Barca should use that more like Arsenal used to with Henry.

You've got someone who could eventually be one of the quickest players on the planet.

ronniecro

i hope he will put the same performances when messi comes back,many times i get the feeling that everyone rather pass the ball to leo than trying something on their own or combine with someone else

MagIX

i hope he will put the same performances when messi comes back,many times i get the feeling that everyone rather pass the ball to leo than trying something on their own or combine with someone else

I am sure he will put a better performance when Messi comes back. And btw (it seems unreal just think about it!!) even Messi is getting older and Dembele is only 20 y.o..... he is a lucky guy who has the fantastic opportunity to play with the goat and learn a lot.
Regretful he was very unlucky this season with injuries.
I think that, step by step with Couotinho and Dembele, with patience and intelligence, we are starting to glimpse the team of the next season...
Hopefully he will keep the expectations.

M

MessiCam

If you watch the highlights, he is taking up Messi's position.

Still good to see his speed. Barca should use that more like Arsenal used to with Henry.

You've got someone who could eventually be one of the quickest players on the planet.

He didn’t get in Messi’s way in the game against Girona. In fact it was one of the few times this season that Messi was actively seeking him out for a pass.

Stoichkov1

It is not a coincidence that by far his best mins this season have been against the worst team in Spain.

Home of Barca Fans