11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

M

MessiCam

Yes, but Barca in Neymar's first season was trophyless. This Barca is close to a double and gunning for the treble. This means less time for Dembele, especially under a manager who does not want to take risks, even at the cost of overplaying the same players.

I agree that you need to give time to very young, potentially amazing players, by default. You need to see the talent and basically accept the risk of playing these players, because the reward could potentially be great.

Mourinho for example didn't want to accept that risk with De Bruyne, expecting the player to basically go around the moon trying to earn his place. Not all players will have the toughness to do that, some will fail if put under quests like that, even if they are great players. Some players just need a different approach.

I think managers shouldn't make the mistake of thinking that players are similar in terms of personality just because they share a skill like playing football. What methods work with a player can totally blow in your face with others. You have the Ibrahimovic-like personality who responds well to a completely different managerial approach. You have players like De Bruyne basically being the opposite needing more of a gentle approach.

I think Dembele is more like De Bruyne. Seems more of a quiet, shy guy, and putting extra pressure on him to prove everyone wrong could backfire. I would rather just play him 7-8 games in a row and allow him to build confidence slowly and steadily, without making him feel as if each moment he's out there, is like a test, with him needing to do something big or else he'll end up on the bench. Just let the kid play and allow him to integrate naturally. And I believe the performances will improve and he'll be great.
You forget that in 2013/14 Barça’s season only started unravelling in February. They were cruising in terms of results but not play prior to that. Remarkably similar to how things have panned out this campaign... That Atleti game the other day could have derailed the season.

We made quarters in the Champions League too.

If Iniesta isn't fit to play against Chelsea, put Dembele on one flank and one of Valverde's precious workhorses on the other. Since they're so good in defense we shouldn't have any problems.

I respect Valverde for not playing him. Doesn’t deserve to start if he keeps playing like bambi on ice :lol:

And Gomes, Vidal and Paulinho do.

Not that he's been bad, unlike the other 3 I've mentioned. But please, keep making shit up to suit your agenda :lol:

denn

There is no reason for not starting him in next 2 games. We need pace and goals. You can't defend at home against Chelsea. That's it.

[tw]972180748168933376[/tw]

This guy will be worse than Gareth Bale if we keep him, sell now to Arsenal or PSG and buy back Neymar if possible before his market value degraded further!

If Iniesta isn't fit to play against Chelsea, put Dembele on one flank and one of Valverde's precious workhorses on the other. Since they're so good in defense we shouldn't have any problems.

And Gomes, Vidal and Paulinho do.

Not that he's been bad, unlike the other 3 I've mentioned. But please, keep making shit up to suit your agenda :lol:

HAHAHAH ok so one side is good on defence and the other side isn't. Man if I was Conte I think I'll tell my players to expose the flank that maybe isn't covered defensively lmao. Basic tactics 101

Joan

This guy will be worse than Gareth Bale if we keep him, sell now to Arsenal or PSG and buy back Neymar if possible before his market value degraded further!

Sell? Not an option. Doubt the deal would come close to 100m.
We need to integrate him and see how that works out for us.
If he fails, we are not getting the money back.

Sell? Not an option. Doubt the deal would come close to 100m.
We need to integrate him and see how that works out for us.
If he fails, we are not getting the money back.

Oh no we need to sell him or exchange him before he fails so we can get something out of it, he has potential to be the most expensive flop of all time if he keeps up this lifestyle and injury record.

I'm extremely concerned right now...

Joan

Oh no we need to sell him or exchange him before he fails so we can get something out of it, he has potential to be the most expensive flop of all time if he keeps up this lifestyle and injury record.

I'm extremely concerned right now...

The deal wouldn't pay off.

He has potential. We need to see how that turns out.
Have some faith.

FinBarcelonafan

Sorry if news and videos like the one above don't exactly fill me with confidence...

Give him a chance. It's been just struggle for him. Injuries suck, but these things happen. Even Vermaelen turned out good after his massive injury troubles. Dembele has world class potential. It's still there. We just need to get it out of him.

Joan

Sorry if news and videos like the one above don't exactly fill me with confidence...

Not a huge fan of him either, but we don't really have a choice...
Can't get the money back, he's either gonna hit it or not.

There is still chance some of the stories presented in the news are not true.

I do hope he'll prove us all wrong, but wouldn't be the first to crack under pressure.

Home of Barca Fans