11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

kattanib

The only thing that will make it or break it for this lad is his mindset. He has a lot to improve if he is to make it as a leading superstar starting with:
- his confidence and presence in the field
- becoming way more fluid and in control when dribbling or shooting
- Learn how to smartly use his speed and not abuse it like Gerard

Watching him feels like he cannot control his speed. His pace is over taking his body and negatively impacting his dribbling and shooting

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Most people in this thread are complete idiots. Kid is 20 years old and coming back from a severe injury. He is a special talent as shown last year just will need time.

No, you are an idiot to form that conclusion and throw insults. I'll kick you out next time you act like a dumbass.

cro-man

I was surprised we have gone for a player like dembele. He is fast a good crosser and has some unique technique but he has also a low accuracy regarding passing and shooting. He seems more like a player real would sign but we did. Lets hope he can play in a team which likes to keep the ball and dont have much room for those fast runs and dont depend to crossing.

Lets see how well he will do he is still 20 years old and did well in every team he has played so far . Time will tell how dembele will fit. I have no doubts coutinho will fit but dembele is a quiestion mark but dembele is for me the most interesting new player because of his unique player qualities. I hope valverde can get the best out of him....

JamDav1982

I was surprised we have gone for a player like dembele. He is fast a good crosser and has some unique technique but he has also a low accuracy regarding passing and shooting. He seems more like a player real would sign but we did. Lets hope he can play in a team which likes to keep the ball and dont have much room for those fast runs and dont depend to crossing.

Lets see how well he will do he is still 20 years old and did well in every team he has played so far . Time will tell how dembele will fit. I have no doubts coutinho will fit but dembele is a quiestion mark but dembele is for me the most interesting new player because of his unique player qualities. I hope valverde can get the best out of him....

Have to have a player with pace and direct running it just opens so many things up.

I think he will be great, will alter ways teams have to defend and offers Messi more and more options.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that he more fits Lucho's Barca where front 3 forwards were given freedom to risk it but that doesn't mean he won't be good for us. He's fast and great passer and can create things out of thin air. It's all about coaching now and what instructions he will be given and how will he adapt.

We are getting another dimension in counter-attacks that's for sure.

Total-Football

lost too many balls.. way too many. also he feels uncomfortable when he charges for a shot,you can tell he doesnt like striking the ball. he doesnt defend well even though he tracks back. positive side: he is a natural dribbler and a natural footballer.

kattanib

lost too many balls.. way too many. also he feels uncomfortable when he charges for a shot,you can tell he doesnt like striking the ball. he doesnt defend well even though he tracks back. positive side: he is a natural dribbler and a natural footballer.

He has great potential, and potentials aren't always reached (Robinho for example). It will boil down to his mindset. Check CR and Bale .. both are extremely confident and have the right attitude when it comes to personal development. Dembele can be a player similar to those two but it will be decided by the mindset factor

BBZ8800

One player in, one player out and we see 100s of good and bad changes.

With Dembele today, we have football which looks more beautiful for the eye and we had a few awesome individual actions.

On a team level, at least in the first 45 minutes, we lost EV's famous midfield and defense stability.
It is NOT because of Dembele, as a player.
I am not saying that he is not tracking back, that he is not defending or anything.
It is just that our formation looks totally different, and we have "holes" on a lot of different places now.
We have too many wing players now and not too much balance through the middle, especially in defense.

One thing that bothers me (at least during the first 45 minutes) is that our right flank was overcrowded, but not in a good way.
Too many times it felt as if we play both with Roberto and Semedo in the same time (2 players playing in the same area).

Roberto, Dembele and too often Messi played in the same area in Levante's half and it seemed as if we played with 10 men.
On the left flank we had only Albe, and on the right, at times, we had 3 players Roberto, Dembele and Messi.

I know that they will click better over time, but still, I would like to see some positional changes.
Either Dembele moving closer to the middle (but then he will clash with Messi all the time), or Dembele going to the left.

My personal impression was that a team was "all over the place" in a positional sense, similar to how we looked in the past when Iniesta and Rafinha played Cms.
Or how we look when Denis is a Cm.

So, Dembele is surely an awesome individual.
But how will we fit him into our team and how will we tweak our formation is a whole different story.

Devils

All down to still being unfit and obviously a bit nervous to be back.

When his fitness and confidence come back he's going to be a monster.

Home of Barca Fans