11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Devils

He won't hit form for awhile, give the guy a break.

1) He never had pre-season
2) He was injured for 3.5 months
3) He hasn't played consistent football since May 2017
4) He's basically been out of football for 7 months and will take him awhile to hit full stride. That is a very long time to be absent.

He doesn't need to prove anything as much as people need to have some patience with him.

wisconsincule

Yeah I have zero expectations for him this season. When they were showing him on the bench next to Mascherano he looks soooo young (and rightly so because he is). I suspect we’ll see glimpses of greatness and stinkers. Just have to nurture him.

Yannik

bit disappointed he came in so late, would've liked to see more of him than just 20 mins. He only had a few touches there and couldn't already produce some of his magic with them. Still a special day for him, he's finally back on the pitch. Maybe he'll even have a start next week or the one after.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

He tries to do too much with his first touch. It's been evident since the beginning... Not a train smash though.

MessiTHEgoat

you'll give a player some time to show what he's got, but we bought him to improve barca immediately as a whole not the other way around, this is a 150M signing.
not some talent for a mere 10m or 20m (jesus was for 30m, asensio was for 3.5m ect) ... barca last bid for coutinho in the summer was 112£m (80m + 32m unrealistic addons such as winning the bdr, ect) plus he'll marketable (since he's a brazilian)

mbappé proved his worth at the biggest stage against bayern twice, outperforming neymar sometimes, and he was just 18 years old. and he's already considered best 10 players in the world.

it's fair to give OD some time to adabt but if he didn't make some improvement to the team this season i'll be increadibly disappointed. i hope he'll thought.

Kohe321

My knee tells me we should sell him based on these 20 minutes against Celta.

It is clear he just doesn’t have it. :shakeshead:

dostoevskij

considering the missing pre-season, long injury at the start of his season etc i was actually impressed by him. yes failed passes, missed dribblings, but you could sense he has the magic every time he got near to the ball, celta defenders also felt it. and i love this fast and accurate one two passes he made with denis, busquets etc.

MIXA

Seemed like he wanted to do way too much. It's probably best for him to keep it simple for a while. No need for him to take on the burden of winning the game. The King will take care of that in the return leg :messi:

Home of Barca Fans