11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Messi had the team playing for him since 20 years old, build a team playing for Neymar and he'll show what he's capable :) Just watch Neymar playing for Brazil, is there ANYONE as good as him when he plays for brazil? i don't think so.
You guys underrate him too much, saying that he can't reach Messi's level. Messi got lucky because he had GUARDIOLA WHO SENT RONALDINHO OFF to give Messi a chance to play his full potential, with Ronaldinho playing there he would never be who he is today, i mean it. Unfortunatelly Neymar won't have a ''guardiola'' to send messi off and give Neymar a chance to have his own team. :)

I stand corrected.....some people do try to compare Messi to Neymar.

Surely trolling with that post. Either that or about as clue less as it gets.

StarLord

I don't mean anything bad, but some of us felt the similar way when people said that Ney is already better than Ronnie or Etoo in their prime.

For example, you like Messi a lot, I guess (your nickname is Mehssi here), but for example, this is my prediction:
1. at first it was:
-- Messi is a Goat, Ney is in Top5 players in the world
2. currently people here are saying:
-- Messi is a Goat, Ney is the 2nd best player in the world
3. now imagine 2-3 years from now, if Messi will decline and if Ney will develop further, people will start to say:
-- Neymar is the best player in the world, Messi is not the best anymore
4. and then, imagine if Neymar will be the best in the world for 2-3 years and if Barca will win some CLs, new generation of fans will start to say:
= omg, Neymar is the best player who has ever lived on Earth, he is a goat, he is better than Messi at his prime

So, not all fans will say that, but Neyfans and some younger fans who will start to watch football in 2015 or 2018, and who will see only Neymar skills, and who weren't able to witness Messi in his golden years, and those guys will just repeat all the time: Ney is the best player ever

I have witnessed the same scenario a lot of times till now, and people/media/fans every time hail the new player more and more.
And the new guy always seems to be "even better" than the last superstar.

For example, when I started to watch football, Maradona was considered as the best player ever.
1. so, it was Maradona, as a no1
2. then, Brasilian Ronaldo, Il Phenomeno emerged, and suddenly, after only 2 world class seasons, all the media were saying:
"Ronaldo is the best player who has ever lived"
3. sadly, he suffered horrible injuries, and then Zidane emerged
-- now, people weren't exactly saying that Zidane is the best ever, but suddenly he was world's number 1, and people said that he is almost as good as Maradona, or at least in top3-4 ever with: Maradona, Brasilian Ronaldo and Pele
4. then Ronaldinho emerged around 2003-2004-2005, in the same period when Zidane started to decline, and the world needed "a new champion", a new superstar
Yes, Ronnie was awesome, but guess what? He was again hailed as the best player in the world, and if not the best ever, then at least one out of top 2-3 players ever with Maradona and Pele
-- so, you see, when Ronnie emerged, Brasilian Ronaldo and Zidane were forgotten very fast, and they dropped from top3 ever
5. then Ronnie started to party and lost his form, and the world needed a new star
-- luckily, young Messi was emerging back then
-- guess what? =omg, this is the best player who has ever lived (well, I agree with that remark this time, but you see, media and fans are using that stupid remark each 2-3-4 years for any new world class player)
-- Messi was now hailed as the greatest ever, and Zidane and Brasilian Ronaldo were dropping more and more on eternal Top 3 list
6. then, CR7 emerged, and he is now hailed as a player closest to Messi
-- so, CR7 is not the best ever (even though Real's fans will say that he is the best player ever), but still, he is now considered by a lot of football fans as the 2nd best player who has ever lived (you know that pics, memes and everything: how when Messi and Cr7 will be gone, we will never witness similar wizzards anymore, ever again, lol) (lol is about CR7's part)
-- so, Maradona, Pele, Zidane, Ronnie, Brasilian Ronaldo are again forgotten, and Messi and CR7 are the 2 best players ever :rolleyes:

Well, till now, I guess that everyone could have learned the pattern.
Young Ney is emerging, Messi and CR7 are getting older, and Fifa, sponsors and new generation of fans need new idols/heroes.

My prediction is simple, as I wrote above:
-- in 1-2-3 years, people will start to say that Neymar is better than the current Messi
-- and then, a few years after, if Ney will stay on top for 2-3-4 years, new generation of fans will start to say that Neymar on his prime is better than Messi on his prime

And in 5-6-7-8 years, some new gems will emerge, and the next superstar will be "even better" (lol) than Neymar, Messi, Ronnie etc.
:rolleyes:

Again, I don't mean anything bad, but imo, it is extremely silly and annoying.
And if you are now offended by posts how Ney is better than Messi, well, you will see more and more of those posts over time.
This user is maybe trolling, but there will be more users who will say the same thing in the future.

(And before someone replies: But Ney is better than Etoo, and Ney is NOT better than Messi.
= that is irrelevant
-- you can't measure how good a player is, especially if they played in different eras

But the only thing which is repeating all the time is a silly bias towards current players, as you may experience now and in the future in the new Neygoat vs Messigoat debate.

You seem to be very confused BBZ.

What some fanbois say on the internet is meaningless. Fat Ronaldo was never hailed as the greatest player ever by those in the know. His injuries (and lifestyle and fatness) never allowed for that.

Ronaldinho was super-duper-mega for a 2-3 seasons (never as good as Messi though) and then declined. He was never in the GOAT debate either (at least not seriously)

As for Zidane to be compared with Messi or Maradona? Only clueless football fans can say that and most people who follow football seriously know it. For me Zidane is probably the most overrated player ever.

As for Messi, you cannot compare his hype with the respective hypes of R9, G10, Zidane or even CR7 (who, although less talented than all the rest is also much more consistent and that is to his credit)

Messi has proven time and again that he is more than worthy to be included in the GOAT debate. In fact, Messi has been so consistently brilliant that his detractors only have the World Cup stick to beat him with. If Messi ever wins the stupid World Cup (something that Capdevila, Materrazzi and Hummels have won) then the argument will become impossible even for the biggest Messi-haters out there.

And no, nobody in his right mind will say that Nerman is better than peak-Messi when Leo declines, unless Nerman improves by several magnitudes in the next few years.

All the great players you have mentioned, are not a patch on Messi, except maybe Maradona. Anyone who says otherwise is simply clueless.

RMU ReBorn

There is no Neymar v Messi debate from anyone.

Messi is the best ever and Neymar nor anyone else currently playing will ever be on his level.

BBZ - tries to change the direction of the debate to make out it is Messi v Neymar which isnt the case.

Of course we can compare players from different eras, people do it all the time. How can we measure if Messi is better than Maradona and Pele if they played in different eras?

Not goint to be lectured on respecting players from when BBZ claims Messi is a stat padder in an easy era and Ronaldinho only won one of his WPOTY awards due to a FIFA conspiracy.

:emotions16::emotions16::emotions16::emotions16:

mark1nhu

Messi had the team playing for him since 20 years old, build a team playing for Neymar and he'll show what he's capable :) Just watch Neymar playing for Brazil, is there ANYONE as good as him when he plays for brazil? i don't think so.
You guys underrate him too much, saying that he can't reach Messi's level. Messi got lucky because he had GUARDIOLA WHO SENT RONALDINHO OFF to give Messi a chance to play his full potential, with Ronaldinho playing there he would never be who he is today, i mean it. Unfortunatelly Neymar won't have a ''guardiola'' to send messi off and give Neymar a chance to have his own team. :)

I love Neymar, but you are going too far.

Ronaldinho was kicked from Barça due to his lack of commitment, his dangerous lifestyle and his undeniable drop of influence to the game.

Nothing related to Messi.

Messi had a whole team playing for him since his 20 because he was really all that: a 20 years old player capable of everything against top European oppositions.

IF Ronaldinho stayed for long, I bet my vital organs that Messi would surpass him as the focal point of the team.

Neymar, on the other hand, would not be able to destroy those same oppositions, at 20.

And now, at 23, is not able to take Messi's spot as focal point.

RMU ReBorn

What About Ney having Messi to supply passes ( First Goal vs Bayern in munich was perfect example for Messi's brilliance ) . When Guardiloa came Dinho was fading Any way , i don't know what he gonna achieve at that age during 2009-2010 . With Dinho or With out Dinho , Messi would have achieved what he has achieved as of now . in 2010 Argentina had a mediocre team , lot of Leo's Passes and Moves were spoiled by higuen . In quarters he was surrounded by 4-5 Germans , he had to goo deep to take balls and create a move , yet there was no one to support him , in 2014 he showed his true potential in partnership with De maria . leading his team to final with 4 back to back man of the match's . Neymar can be a great player , but i don't think he can be as great as messi . Remember all those solo goals of leo Vs Rma in 2011 ucl semi final , 2011 final , 2015 Sf vs Bayern . Ney would have to do a lot to be compared with Messi :

Last edited:

Ekul

668.gif

Hahaha:lol:

Come on guys you know what I mean't :(

Barcalove

Banned
Can we get rid of that Nicosur troll ffs !!

I also dont agree with him , but this is a discussion forum, and people should be allowed to say what they really think, dont matter if is crap or not, and he is obviously not trolling, he just have a different opinion than we have. This ban thing when people disagree is becoming so annoying here

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I also dont agree with him , but this is a discussion forum, and people should be allowed to say what they really think, dont matter if is crap or not, and he is obviously not trolling, he just have a different opinion than we have. This ban thing when people disagree is becoming so annoying here

Nah, no one is asking for BBZ to be banned for example, and yet a lot of people disagree with him on a lot of things, while appreciating what he brings, Nicosur is a troll through and through... Messi is what he is because Pep conspired to get Ronnie out of his way ? yeah, seems legit :)

Jadentheman

There were rumors Pep offered Ronnie to stay, but Ronnie himself declined. He chose to move on and re-motivate himself as well as literally give Messi a chance to shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans