10 - Lionel Messi - V6

eaman

Should have won? Brazil got the soft fouls? Feels a bit biased no? Considering both Acuna and Paredes probably should've been sent off for multiple bookable offences in the first half as well as Argentinas crossbar header coming from a free-kick were Casemiro clearly wins the ball and then Messi had another freekick which Alisson easily grabbed after the ref missed a handball by Lautaro Martinez in the same play.

That being said, both teams were rather poor, Messi was the best player on the pitch and the ref missed ONE penalty for Argentina on the Arthur foul on Otamendi.

Acunas first booking was a joke. Casameiro got away with so much. Also alves completely took out aguero for another penalty. There is a video out there with an angle that shows how clear it was. It was a crazy tackle really. Look I don't think Argentina were brilliant just that they were better than Brazil certainly in footballing terms. This is a real negative Brazil team

Messi, barca and Argentina's performance is too dependent on the pitch condition.

No way for messi to dominate in the air.
Barca and Argentina can still adapt.

Marchisio8

Banned
His legacy is taking another battering, people seem to enjoy it when he loses so they can come out and call him a bottle job, not the best in the world, not better than Ronaldo or Maradona etc. His lack of performance up till Brazil will probably cost him the Ballond'Or. Sad really. Best footballer of our time ruined by the Argentine FA.

Argentine FA? Haven't heard this one before. Its usually Higuain, the other players/the whole team, or terrible coaches, This Copa edition it was the pitch fault.

Afromaticz

[tw]1146259304116293633[/tw]

God has cursed Argentina cause they're too arrogant and never gracious in defeat.
They were shit the whole tournament through but yet they still feel they were hard done by and didn't deserve to go out. lol shut up Messi.

Im glad we sent them packing bunch of cry babies.

abbbs97

God has cursed Argentina cause they're too arrogant and never gracious in defeat.
They were shit the whole tournament through but yet they still feel they were hard done by and didn't deserve to go out. lol shut up Messi.

lol as if Brazil aren't arrogant.
Messi had every right to say that, and its true. Refs were a joke and so were the pitches.

Argentine FA? Haven't heard this one before. Its usually Higuain, the other players/the whole team, or terrible coaches, This Copa edition it was the pitch fault.

Nope the AFA aren't a factor but those other points have definitely affected Messi's performances with Argentina.

Honest question : Are you not embarrassed by what you/Juve have become? You sold your footballing soul by dedicating your time here to have a go at one of the all time greats and for what? A guy who has been at your club for 1 year? A year that was less successful than the last 5 years?

I used to respect Juve, but they are the biggest meme club of them all the way they and their fans have just bent over for Ronaldo at his command. Lets not forget the most disgusting tweet of all time issued by a football club that said it didn't care if the accusations against were true because he is so professional on the pitch ! Let's not forget that Juve are not even Juve any more, they are 'Ronaldo's Juve'. Let's not forget that apparently the club apologised to Ronaldo for not being good enough for him in the CL:lol:

When I think of Juve and guys like you I think of those 9 year old mascots that look up to him and mouth 'Wooow .. Ronaldo". But then again not sure any of this will disturb you because hey it's all about Ronaldo now, not Juve, isn't it?

Last edited:

Afromaticz

lol as if Brazil aren't arrogant.
Messi had every right to say that, and its true. Refs were a joke and so were the pitches.

U guys never run out of excuses when it comes to Argentina's failures. They've been shit for years mate.

And nope at least we Brazilians and by that i mean most of us can admit that Messi is the true GOAT and we always root for them as long as they're not playin against us.

U will never see Argentines showing love to Brazil never lol

abbbs97

U guys never run out of excuses when it comes to Argentina's failures. They've been shit for years mate.

And nope at least we Brazilians and by that i mean most of us can admit that Messi is the true GOAT and we always root for them as long as they're not playin against us.

U will never see Argentines showing love to Brazil never lol

We know Argentina are shit. Yesterday though, for the first time in forever, they played much better than expected and could've even won if the refs were fair and awarded or at least checked with VAR the 2 penalty incidents.
Lol you Brazilians are the most arrogant fans ever, lets be real. so what if Argentina never shows love to Brazil? Its a huge rivalry, they're not supposed to. Not sure that you're Brazilian since I doubt that Brazilians were rooting for Argentina against Germany in the World Cup final in 2014 :facepalm:

Jadentheman

It seems South American teams and overall South American football is falling further and further behind in terms of quality of football, organisation, development etc compard to Europe.

It happens when there's very little money in it. Talents leave sooner. Playing quality is reduced. Most teams struggle to PAY their players. There's about an article every month on some SA team that can't compensate their players and leave weeks of pay unpaid.

Graciousness in defeat is almost non-existent these days in football - very rare. I will always have a lot of respect for Brazil but they won't come out of this tournament without embarrassment, especially concerning their fans. They hardly filled any stadium, despite playing at home, even the quarters in Gremio - full of empty seats. And they ole'd the Venezuelans because Brazil couldn't break them down. That's just plain disgusting.

Arengtina fans in the stadium are the best in the world by a mile - 100% support - no matter what - the way it should be. Even Brazilians admit they admire the argentinian fans for their passion. Even yesterday after the game the Argentinians were singing more than the Brazilians - says it all really.

Givenchy

Nope the AFA aren't a factor but those other points have definitely affected Messi's performances with Argentina.

Honest question : Are you not embarrassed by what you/Juve have become? You sold your footballing soul by dedicating your time here to have a go at one of the all time greats and for what? A guy who has been at your club for 1 year? A year that was less successful than the last 5 years?

I used to respect Juve, but they are the biggest meme club of them all the way they and their fans have just bent over for Ronaldo at his command. Lets not forget the most disgusting tweet of all time issued by a football club that said it didn't care if the accusations against were true because he is so professional on the pitch ! Let's not forget that Juve are not even Juve any more, they are 'Ronaldo's Juve'. Let's not forget that apparently the club apologised to Ronaldo for not being good enough for him in the CL:lol:

When I think of Juve and guys like you I think of those 9 year old mascots that look up to him and mouth 'Wooow .. Ronaldo". But then again not sure any of this will disturb you because hey it's all about Ronaldo now, not Juve, isn't it?

funny how this guy was mocking the 'Lets hope Messi scores' gang on a Barca forum but when i checked the Ronaldo thread on a Juve forum (after Atleti 1st leg) they were basically on their knees 'we aren't worthy' 'Ronaldo will probably leave us and i don't blame him' :lol: and thats him being at their club a grand total of 1 year

almost as embarrassing as the United fans still inlove with Cristiano

Last edited:

Afromaticz

We know Argentina are shit. Yesterday though, for the first time in forever, they played much better than expected and could've even won if the refs were fair and awarded or at least checked with VAR the 2 penalty incidents.
Lol you Brazilians are the most arrogant fans ever, lets be real. so what if Argentina never shows love to Brazil? Its a huge rivalry, they're not supposed to. Not sure that you're Brazilian since I doubt that Brazilians were rooting for Argentina against Germany in the World Cup final in 2014 :facepalm:

Brazilians might not like Argentina and yes we do have a fierce rivalry but we also love Messi it is what it is and nope we didn't want them to win the world cup on our own home turf.
Lol ur obviously not Brazilian or even from Argentina so you're basing your information on what u read on the internet mate behave.

Home of Barca Fans