10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Saladin

Jesus .... it’s like watching Brazil v Stoke City ( featuring Messi).

Argentina are the better team in the first half? Brazil had one chance and capitalized. Argentina came out guns blazin' even though Tite has a much better team. Impressed by their tenacity, hope they keep it up. I can easily see Brazil getting nervous if Argentina equalize in second half.

BBZ8800

Jesus .... it’s like watching Brazil v Stoke City ( featuring Messi).

This match is like watching Stoke vs Stoke.
Or EV's Barca without Messi vs EV's Barca with Messi.

You don't know who is worse.
And not a single player on a field standing out.

And Argentina is not as bad as people were talking.

Altomonte

Messi is trying hard tonight, easily the best player. 1:0 is not a fair result given the chances. Dani Alves deserves credit for setting up the goal.

serghei

His best game yet in terms of effort and movement, but the Argies are crippling themselves by having Messi so deep. He has played rather few balls near Brazil's goal because he is too deep.

This Scaloni is similar to Valverde. Same low movement in the buildup which drastically reduces the creation of good actions during possession phases. Having Messi to drop 50m away from where he should be playing is a terrible idea.

Argentina seem to create chances only on counters. The issue for them is that they won't be doing too much countering since Brazil lead and are very cautious. They will look themselves to play on the counter. The positional play in possession is rather weak throughout at this Copa. Teams which defend aren't put under too much pressure.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

Rationally your probably right, but I learned never to bet against him, he has proved me wrong many times. I once placed a 5 figure bet on ARG - Iran on the 1st game of the 2014 world cup. Was certain I'd lost my money but then the 90th minute booom, never forgot that one - saved my arse big time.

lol @ NOT betting against Messi tonight.

basically free money.

CatalinR10

So is he actually some secret serial killer in his free time and is getting payed for that or why does everything go wrong for him ?

Tekkers

His best game yet in terms of effort and movement, but the Argies are crippling themselves by having Messi so deep. He has played rather few balls near Brazil's goal because he is too deep.

This Scaloni is similar to Valverde. Same low movement in the buildup which drastically reduces the creation of good actions during possession phases. Having Messi to drop 50m away from where he should be playing is a terrible idea.

Argentina seem to create chances only on counters. The issue for them is that they won't be doing too much countering since Brazil lead and are very cautious. They will look themselves to play on the counter. The positional play in possession is rather weak throughout at this Copa. Teams which defend aren't put under too much pressure.

the thought of another season of messi 50m away from the goal and dropping deep is worrying. the only time in this game they were threatening was when he played close to the goal

Saladin

Fuck this ref; Gabriel J. is a fucking cunt, diving more than Neymar.

Clear penalty on Otamendi, but the cunt ref was probably payed off by the fucking Nazi Bolsonaro. Disgusting, 4 minutes of added time in this shitshow of Brazilians falling like flies left and right? So many freekicks and several yellow cards for Argentina, one for Brazil.

Messi is the best footballer ever, they can stick the B'Dor up Van Dijks hairy dutch ass.

Home of Barca Fans