10 - Lionel Messi - V6

vlad

are you ever positive about any barca player?

yes, when there is something to be positive about

edit: we are talking here about messi chances for ballon d´ or, in a season where barca floped in CL and his argentina once again disappointed

Last edited:

KingLeo10

yes, when there is something to be positive about

I'm just saying because he had excellent games v Juventus and Chelsea and had that 1 terrible game v Roma. Yet, you are more than happy to sing Modric praises even when he doesn't perform the best in every game.

vlad

I'm just saying because he had excellent games v Juventus and Chelsea and had that 1 terrible game v Roma. Yet, you are more than happy to sing Modric praises even when he doesn't perform the best in every game.

im a Croat so i cant be objective about Modric, one of the best midfielders in history, surely he is among top 3 for ballon d or this year

CL win and WC final with croatia, thats something.

KingLeo10

im a Croat so i cant be objective about Modric, one of the best midfielders in history, surely he is among top 3 for ballon d or this year

CL win and WC final with croatia, thats something.

The CL win was with other great players like CR7, marcelo etc. He wasn't carrying Liverpool or something.

The WC knockout phases weren't that impressive and Croatia got ran over by France. I will agree that Croatia destroyed Argentina and Modric was better than Messi that game.

My point isn't that Modric wouldn't deserve awards. It's the bias you admit to, but then again each to their own.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looking forward to it.

Messi's last couple of interviews been more sincere and open so I hope it continues that way. Those boring PC interviews are useless.

[tw]1035479533095477248[/tw]

[tw]1035467232128770051[/tw]

Devils

Messi still that dude that we've known for 13 years yet feels like we know nothing about him off the pitch.

FCB1987

Banned
Messi still that dude that we've known for 13 years yet feels like we know nothing about him off the pitch.

Probably best not to.

Better just to know him or Ronaldo as being insane and magical players than to see them in daily life when they're probably fairly immature and unintelligent.

Morten

Probably best not to.

Better just to know him or Ronaldo as being insane and magical players than to see them in daily life when they're probably fairly immature and unintelligent.

We know quite a lot about Ronaldo off the pitch, he likes being a celebrity and all.
Messi doesnt seem to care much about that, and he seem quite boring, not that there is anything wrong with that, most people are rather boring.

FCB1987

Banned
We know quite a lot about Ronaldo off the pitch, he likes being a celebrity and all.
Messi doesnt seem to care much about that, and he seem quite boring, not that there is anything wrong with that, most people are rather boring.

With Ronaldo, we only know what his PR team want us to know, not how he actually is when the cameras are off.

Stoichkov1

With Ronaldo, we only know what his PR team want us to know, not how he actually is when the cameras are off.

I don't think his PR team wanted us too see that he's a narcissistic twat who doesn't understand that football is a team sport, so it's likely that he's still a narcissistic twat when the cameras are off.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Best player overall: Messi
Best player when you factor in extra importance of CL: Salah
Best player who won the World Cup: Mbappe

He won't win it but I honestly think Salah deserves it from an individual perspective if he plays well over the next few months. He was easiy the best CL player in 2018 imo, has similar stats to Messi/CR, and did as well as he could at the WC considering his teammates and his injury.

He also achieved this with a midfield of Henderson, Milner, and Wjanaldum.

You forgot Modric. He won the CL and made the World Cup with Croatia, which was quite big achievement.

To me it's clear. Modric deserves it.

FCB1987

Banned
You forgot Modric. He won the CL and made the World Cup with Croatia, which was quite big achievement.

To me it's clear. Modric deserves it.

I just don't think Modric was that impressive on an individual level. The CL final was literally his only great performance in the knockout stages. He had a very good world cup but wasn't anywhere near as good as Zidane 06 or even James 14 for comparison.

Salah, Griezmann, Mbappe, Messi, and Ronaldo deserve it more imo.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans