10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Givenchy

Not based on this game but just something I been thinking about. Imo we shouldn’t renew Messi when his contract runs and he is 34.

problem is, we don't know how much he'll decline. we certainly cant afford to increase his wages if he does spiral down. kinda dont like thinking of a time without Messi but its something we need to address.. i doubt our board are prepared atall though so a few years in limbo throwing money at more galacticos most likely

if Leo wants to go back to Argentina to play out the rest of his career its fine but seeing him play for another top club would hurt

sickstar

I think messi will be back to newells like he always wanted, except our board do drastic measures.
Its not like he couldnt be part of barcelona after he finish career (even if last club is newells).

Altomonte

Messi was definitely rusty in the first half, lost the ball and misplaced many passes. In the second half he played much better. If Suarez had scored at least two of his chances and if Masip had been less exceptional at goalkeeping, Messi would have scored 3 goals and everybody had been happy. If he plays like in second half against Lyon we should be fine. However, we cannot afford to let Suarez miss everything.

Horatio

You're welcome
His legacy is getting tainted. H misses too many penalties. Someone else needs to take them. He always looks nervous taking one.

Messi is a good enough penalty taker. He placed both penalties in the same way, but Masip was fortunate to read it correctly.

FCB1987

Banned
His legacy is getting tainted. H misses too many penalties. Someone else needs to take them. He always looks nervous taking one.

He can give them away in the CDR but he needs them in La Liga and Champions League for the golden boot race and to overtake Ronaldo in CL goals

Jombi

Another stats man , use your eyes hes nowhere near the player he used to be and the club are going to be in big trouble when he goes.

I dont think so. We've generally done well when he's been out as everything has to go through Messi when he plays. Our right side looks more lively and we are a little less predictable. Messi also doesnt track back much which isnt good for our defense. Still, Messi is still the best player in the world by far, but I'm sure we'll cope without him one day.

Vilarrubi

Another stats man , use your eyes hes nowhere near the player he used to be and the club are going to be in big trouble when he goes.

Not disagreeing on the last part.... that wasn’t what we were talking about. He’s been unbelievable this season other than a couple of games recently where he hasn’t been 100% fit. Try again.

Home of Barca Fans