10 - Lionel Messi - V6

Mitchell1978

Wow. There must be a lot of members on here praying he has a bad game on Tuesday or they will be eating humble pie for a long, long time. Hasn’t delivered the best performances since that injury, I’m not even sure if he is still fit, but these are some pathetic reactions. I expect him to deliver big on Tuesday, simply because I judge him from what I’ve seen from him in the CL so far this season and couldn’t give less of a fuck about any other competition right now. CL is where it’s at. Show us the way, Leo.

Its always the same people who come out when he has a lesser game or a lesser couple of games, hard to take these people seriously anymore.

FCBfan22

He is not 100% fit. It can be seen from a mile. He was 3 times slower without the ball than Dembele with it. This is a big problem. Everybody at the club is saying that he is 100%, but he simply isn't. Shouldn't have played a full game today.

Total-Football

agree about the work rate disagree about leadership.
semi final vs bayern
semi final vs madrid
final vs man united

messi took matches that looked stale and straight murdered them. if that is not leadership nothing is.

Givenchy

his workrate wouldn't be that much of an issue if he just stayed at ST but with Messi, he has to be involved in everything which 9/10 benefits us greatly but when it doesn't we have a dead right side and a makeshift RB who cant defend

sickstar

Dont worry. Remember perfectly the game before roma trashing at olympico.
Messi just had hattrick in league against leganes.
Now its only 1 penalty goal.
Hopefully hell be okay and we would win.

sickstar

Or he simply lacks match fitness since recovering from that mysterious injury.

Maybe he needs to play more.

This.
It also explains why hes better 2nd half.
I actually missed watching them today, but kinda remember what he said about playing more often makes him better.
Clearly age is a factor, but it still valid within a limit.
Just wish the game against lyon is on wednesday and not tuesday.

Arizona Scott

agree about the work rate disagree about leadership.
semi final vs bayern
semi final vs madrid
final vs man united

messi took matches that looked stale and straight murdered them. if that is not leadership nothing is.

Stop mucking such a crappy and drammatic narrative;)

You know, similar to how CR is so "clutch" like by carrying Portugal in the finals vs France, getting them passed Bayern and Liverpool last year, or led them to come from behind vs Atletico twice.

KingLeo10

I'd understand the severe reaction if he turned in a performance like this versus Lyon but to preemptively launch into histrionics before a ball's even been kicked is baffling.

Dude's put in a shift thus far in the CL. And he did so last season versus Juve and Chelsea as well before the Roma disaster. Can't absolve him of any blame for the Roma games but did anyone really expect him to go 100% or close to that 3 days out from an important CL KO game? Come on lads.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He shouldn't be playing these easier matches before CL knock-out ties.

It was pitiful watching him at times how he took it easy while wearing that armband.

Riordon

Not based on this game but just something I been thinking about. Imo we shouldn’t renew Messi when his contract runs and he is 34.

FCB1987

Banned
Not based on this game but just something I been thinking about. Imo we shouldn’t renew Messi when his contract runs and he is 34.

Until 2.5 weeks ago, he had still been the best player in the world by far this season. If he underperforms in the CL again, then I might change my mind because it will probably only go downhill from here

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He still might not be 100% match fit and we will see how he does on Tuesday. As long as he gives his best I will be happy.

Home of Barca Fans