10 - Lionel Messi - v5

dakt

This will not work in the later stages. We cannot be this lucky all the way. Having him as basically the only attacking option with strategy seen about 10000 times by now (dribble the wall of players).

JamDav1982

Finally broke that dumbass curse, just feels so good after how much Chelsea fans are milking that shit. The problem with Messi is he has literally nothing to work with, Roberto on the right and Paulinho on the left lmao, I hope this is a wake up call for EV to force in Semedo with Dembele no matter how much he dislikes them.

Paulinho never played on the left.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
People are really underrating him today. Couldn't be too aggressive/dynamic because of Chelsea's bus but his passing in buildup and interplay in VERY small spaces was great. He was our only consistent penetration at all and none of Chelsea's midfielders or defenders were able to answer him or bully him off the ball (and they were trying hard).

Scored the crucial away goal, created a chance for Paulinho with a great cross, insane over the top throughball to Suarez to create what should've been a penalty, a lot of nice incisive plays at the perimeter of the box, and he was busting a lung to press/defend especially in the first half. I'd say he was as good as Willian was.

booge

Semedo and Demebele need to be somehow given a chance to develop. Thier potential is bigger than the likes of Roberto and Paulinho.
It will workout better in the long run but somehow I feel the coach has a dislike for Semedo. Seems to like Gomes better lol

Leong157

People are really underrating him today. Couldn't be too aggressive/dynamic because of Chelsea's bus but his passing in buildup and interplay in VERY small spaces was great. He was our only consistent penetration at all and none of Chelsea's midfielders or defenders were able to answer him or bully him off the ball (and they were trying hard).

Scored the crucial away goal, created a chance for Paulinho with a great cross, insane over the top throughball to Suarez to create what should've been a penalty, a lot of nice incisive plays at the perimeter of the box, and he was busting a lung to press/defend especially in the first half. I'd say he was as good as Willian was.

This,and I think he had too many things to do in a match. He had to drop deep to distribute the balll, start the attack, create score chance, look for the goal, even defence. Too much for a player and also effecr his efficiancy.

Ritchie

Finally broke that dumbass curse, just feels so good after how much Chelsea fans are milking that shit. The problem with Messi is he has literally nothing to work with, Roberto on the right and Paulinho on the left lmao, I hope this is a wake up call for EV to force in Semedo with Dembele no matter how much he dislikes them.

He can't do anything with that team tonight, that's just a joke.

If Semedo and Dembele works down the right and Alba and Iniesta down the left with Roberto into the midfield with Sergio then it can be better than that crab filled rubbish tonight.

This,and I think he had too many things to do in a match. He had to drop deep to distribute the balll, start the attack, create score chance, look for the goal, even defence. Too much for a player and also effecr his efficiancy.

If only he could afford to stand in the penalty area and wait for the ball to come to him.

Cule Finn

I wouldn't blame Leo too much for the lack of chances created. Chelsea defended very well and allowed almost no space for him to work with. Nice finish tho.

ASordidGod

So glad he scored. Found it hard to penetrate/get shot off, but as usual his all round game was excellent. We're far too predictable though. Give it to Messi and hope still seems to be our only real tactic; that simply won't win a Champion's Leage. We only scored because Chelsea basically passed it to us. Other than that? Zero chances. Need more pace/dynamism/attacking options. Which we have on the bench in Dembele, but no, Valverde brings Vidal on. Sigh. We got a result so I'm not too angry, but I'm yet to be won over by Valverde, I have to be honest.

BruceWayne11

Important goal for many reasons. Equalizer, away goal, first goal vs Chelsea and first goal in like 6 games (?). It's been frustrating to watch Messi and the team lately against such defensive sides. It seems Messi never can get a good change on goal. Also, I feel he's been a little too static and tired/lazy too. Now we have a breather from the 2 games a week schedule we've been on. Let's cross our fingers that they will solve some problems with better form and energy.

FinBarcelonafan

Played well but other than Chelsea fuck up didnt look all that much a threat.

Could have had an assist as well If Paulinho finished.

He needs to be in final third more and on end of things. Is not a playmaker.

You know it doesn't work. Nobody else can get the ball to Messi. Look at Suarez today. Useless because he never got the ball.

M

MessiCam

Just find some one to help him distribute the ball and start the attack. He will be back to his goal streak agian.

This is easy. Get Iniesta as CM again, play Coutinho on the left wing and Dembélé on the right wing.

Home of Barca Fans