10 - Lionel Messi - v5

FCBfan22

Sampaoli and Caballero are Messi's friends and he wants them to play, no?

He probably injured Romero.

1000_148284542814724351_1303245929686930_4230883202325198878_n.jpg

Mitchell1978

He was great that season but he still wasn't as good as before.

He's still fantastic today. He's just not in my opinion up there with Pele or peak Maradona.

Pele is certainly up there with anybody but Maradona's career is vastly overrated.

Imo Messi in the 2e half of the 2014-15 was Messi's at his best and most influential on the team.

viper76

He has failed big big time .
Failed himself failed his country failed his fans all over the world.

I don't buy when people say Messi still got a good 4 years on him by dropping to the middle and be a player maker the guy can't run can't defend no stamnia no fighting spirit weak mentally.

Ripsta

Cmon Nigeria winning 1-0!!! Might still be Hope For Leo!

They'd still have to beat Nigeria, unless Messi has been told he needs to get his arse into gear they wont' dp a thing against them.

I'm seriously pissed off with Leo. For all the god given talent he has he could at least try and put himself about, at the moment it's making it very difficult to defend him amongst the rest of the shit show in that side.

Donatello

Messi can still lead Argentina to Glory at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar

Don't get your hopes that high. Even if Iceland loose, every team is still eligible for qualification to Round of 16.

Plus,another downside is our Goal difference is -3, while Iceland is on - 1,as things stand. We would need to win by +4 margin,if Argentina and Iceland end up winning their last games.

Of course the easiest way would be that Croatia win against Iceland and we narrowly beat Nigeria.

And, Most important, Match is still being played,so Iceland aren't done yet

Last edited:

Donatello

Said that before the tournament. Have to win the group, then can beat Denmark and see from there.

France are no more than a less worse version of current Argentina team imo. Its just they have WC players at every position while Argentina have only in attack.

Their team also lacks Chemistry and a flow. Their manager is also cluless when it comes to tactics (albeit sensible enough to choose the best possible XI, unlike Sampaoli)

Its just not that evident because of their easy group, even which they won narrowly, considering the talent they have.

Last edited:

Ritchie

I can't see them being Nigeria without big changes to the team and bench.

Sampaoli needs to go and Messi needs to get his head right.

Home of Barca Fans