10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Raketa10

Fernando Niembro one of the most influential journalists in Argentina

[tw]1009939824344748033[/tw]

He said: Messi is the manager of Argentina, he chose his friends and this is the result. Leo, you are the best player but you played without heart. Stop with your friend Mascherano, Sampaoli and his contradictions. Long time ago you retired from Seleccion, wouldn't bad if you do it again.

I think he said some bullshits but unfortunatelly this is the general sentiment about Messi right now in Argentina for what i'm reading on social media and argentinian newspaper's website.

Ungrateful bastards.

Raketa10

Believe I am not only one blame messi, whole country blame him and manager too. This country never really have full respect for Messi and now it even worse. Maybe I'm not think straight because it still hurt but Messi is to blame too.

He missed penalty which would win game and if we win the game the whole feeling is different. He didn't try against Croatia, I bet if he play for Spain he try a lot more.

And in national anthem it is being shown a lot here over and over he has head in hands not even respecting the national anthem!!

At least Meza and Perez try, Messi have no sweat after game.

Never will be Argentina, never

Biggest Argentinean problem is not Messi but your unrealistic expectations. My friend your team is pure shit. If Messi wasn’t playing for Argentina you wouldn’t even be in a World Cup. He led this limited team to 3 finals in the last 4 years so you should thank him for that. People in Argentina expecting this team to win a World Cup is just a true comedy. FFS they even ruined 2010 World Cup for Messi by appointing that clown Maradona as a manager. :rofl1:

Last edited:

Ritchie

Believe I am not only one blame messi, whole country blame him and manager too. This country never really have full respect for Messi and now it even worse. Maybe I'm not think straight because it still hurt but Messi is to blame too.

He missed penalty which would win game and if we win the game the whole feeling is different. He didn't try against Croatia, I bet if he play for Spain he try a lot more.

And in national anthem it is being shown a lot here over and over he has head in hands not even respecting the national anthem!!

His head isn't right this tournament. Too weighed down by having to carry a whole team.

Much2soon

Most of us here are Barça fans so we all love him but I must say, some of the characteristics (laziness & lack of motivation) he displays on field are things I’d be extremely critical of any player especially a top (generational) player like Messi.

Before the Croatia match I was expecting him to be pressing all match desperate to score and get in scoring position but it didn’t really happen. It was only the first half so I thought maybe he’s saving himself for the last 45 yet not much urgency there neither. It’s becoming the norm really, due to his past and current greatest, I’m expecting him to just ‘flip the switch’ when it’s critical but that hasn’t been the case for the past couple of seasons. This past season he was able to mask it a lot with the crucial free kicks.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Most people are fickle, the Argentinians included. They hailed Messi as a savior when he rescued them for a chance to play in the World Cup, now they are at the verge of elimination they made it sound like Messi is solely responsible for Argentina being so shit.

Messi was shit and he should shoulder a lot of blame as the captain and their biggest star but Argrntina’s problems are far deeper and beyond Messi.

NotInHere

I pictured Messi going out winning and dominating the game back when he was on his prime, I thought his game would age well and he would still be dominating like other athletes from other sports.

I was completely wrong, Football is probably the most unpredictable game, Messi now looks like he lost a step and he isn't winning major trophies, might not be the GOAT we all thought he was.

Judoman

I doubt you speak for the whole country. I can understand the anger, but still....don t be an idiot.

eaman

I saw Messi pressing the goalkeeper on two occasions and the players in and around his area on a few occasions. If Messi is not running from the center to press some guy on his own on the right it might be coz he's not supposed to and it's the job of someone else

Mitchell1978

Talked to some neutral football fans at work today, almost all of them are defending Messi (nobody said he played well) and found it ridiculous that he's gettig so much blame or even blame at all wth such an inepts squad and coach.

George_Costanza

I pictured Messi going out winning and dominating the game back when he was on his prime, I thought his game would age well and he would still be dominating like other athletes from other sports.

I was completely wrong, Football is probably the most unpredictable game, Messi now looks like he lost a step and he isn't winning major trophies, might not be the GOAT we all thought he was.

I'm speechless! WTF I am reading?

766555.gif

Home of Barca Fans