10 - Lionel Messi - v5

MessiTBE

Banned
Messi will have to do the biggest carry job. He will become immortal and there will never ever be a question ever again of who is the best of all time if Messi wins this World Cup.

Sad it won't happen, average defence average goalkeeper average midfield and a strike who can't handle pressure.

Just please no 6-1 type defeat like Spain did 2 month ago, Messi does not deserve that

Givenchy

Messi will have to do the biggest carry job. He will become immortal and there will never ever be a question ever again of who is the best of all time if Messi wins this World Cup.

Sad it won't happen, average defence average goalkeeper average midfield and a strike who can't handle pressure.

Just please no 6-1 type defeat like Spain did 2 month ago, Messi does not deserve that

we as Barca fans should know, with Messi in the team anything is possible

Kul_z

it isn't sadly but Barca team also has a lot more quality than Argentina.

Yeah, but he's more motivated than ever. I cant wait to see what his game would look like, maybe more running, more pressure. It would be stupid from sampaoli if he didnt mentioned that to him with couple of highlights when he gets mad. His pressure game is always on point, almost always when he goes hunting opposite team loses the ball or mislead the pass. He's got that fear factor no one has, there's no defender in the world that wants to have the ball with reduced space when lio goes hunting. Soo, one thing is sure, he would give everything on the pitch, and that statement alone is enough terrifying, and with a bit of luck and right formation, he's got a decent chance

JamDav1982

Think he will be fairly restrained in group and look for the big moments when team needs him.

Not going to see this well rested Messi running about for 90 mins. Will try to keep a bit back I think.

Not having him in my FF due to that. Could be wrong though!

Kul_z

Think he will be fairly restrained in group and look for the big moments when team needs him.

Not going to see this well rested Messi running about for 90 mins. Will try to keep a bit back I think.

Not having him in my FF due to that. Could be wrong though!

Greatest players choose their moments 🙏😎

Neymessi

I would love a Brazil-Argentina final.

Also the only teams likely to humiliate Argentina are Spain and Germany.

Note: I said humiliate.

Brazil are more than capable to humilate argentina. And if not the neither are spain and germany.

Ritchie

Could be Messi's last games for Argentina. He feels underappreciated there and he's the type of person that needs to feel loved.

I think he should stick around for the Copa next year which would be his and that generations one chance left of winning something with Argentina as they have no chance in Russia of winning it. The best he can do is have a great tournament individually and try and drag them to a semi final at best.

I don't think he should stay for another World Cup cycle though. Qualifying will be another hard slog and if they don't qualify he gets the blame and he'd have too pull more Ecuador performances out of his ass to get them through. By 2022 tournament he'll be 35 and there is not the talent coming through to be able to carry him, he'd still be expected to pull the strings, only without Masch and co.

The national side is in decline and they need to try and somehow win something before they go the way of Holland. It could be their last good generation for a long time.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Against Haiti it was

Otamendi - Fazio

Salvio - Mascherano - Tagliafico

Lanzini - Lo Celso - Di Maria

Messi - Higuain

Lanzini was replaced by a defensive minded player in Perez so I don't know how Sampaoli plans on reworking his system because from my observations against Haiti, Messi and Lanzini switched quite a bit... When Messi dropped into midfield Lanzini would take up a higher position or when Messi drifted to the wing Lanzini would go central.

gr98

Without and with the ball this is what it should look like, Meza is rumored to replace Lanzini in the starting lineup.
Defensive Transition.jpgAttacking Transition.jpg

Ritchie

They're utter shit. Only Messi would make Spain, Germany, Brazil or France team out of the side likely to play (possibly Aguero).
Take Messi out and it wouldn't be worth them turning up.

Even 4 years ago you might have said Mascherano, Zabeleta, Di Maria, Aguero and Higuain could get in other top sides.

Nothing has come through at all for years. Brazil have been able to produce Coutinho, Neymar, Firmino, Jesus, Fabinho, Marquinhos and Alison over the last few years which is enough fresh blood to make a proper challenge this year and in 2022.. All Argentina have produced is Dybala who can't play with Messi anyway and an injured West Ham player. Brazil have even left out Alex Sandro and Fabinho. Fabinho would be first pick at full back or midfield and Sandro would be straight in at left back as would Danilo on either flank.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans