10 - Lionel Messi - v5

Pedro

La Masia
We all need to support Liverpool on the 26th, if they beat Madrid, the Ballon D'or will head Leo's way, simple as that.

ASordidGod

We all need to support Liverpool on the 26th, if they beat Madrid, the Ballon D'or will head Leo's way, simple as that.

Depends on the world cup, surely? Plus, if Liverpool win Salah could conceivably win it. Though in truth I can't really see Liverpool winning; too vulnerable defensively. But hopefully that's just me being a pessimist.

Joan

Depends on the world cup, surely? Plus, if Liverpool win Salah could conceivably win it. Though in truth I can't really see Liverpool winning; too vulnerable defensively. But hopefully that's just me being a pessimist.

That's realistic. Liverpool winning it would be remembered as a miracle.

shadows

Well Messi winning the WC it is a bigger long shot than Salah winning the UCL with Liverpool TBH.. both are far fetched but Messi's chances are almost non-existent to win with the incompetence that is argentina compared to Liverpool who look like they gel well even though Klopp has meeked out before in a UCL final despite being the relatively dominant team that season in the bundesliga..

Last edited:

Barca83

Banned
If Messi is in the top 2-3 players at the World Cup (doesn't necessarily need to win it) and then has a very good start to next season, I think he will win the Ballon D'or regardless of what happens in the CL.

shadows

If Messi is in the top 2-3 players at the World Cup (doesn't necessarily need to win it) and then has a very good start to next season, I think he will win the Ballon D'or regardless of what happens in the CL.

I doubt argentina is going to be in the latter stages considering their squad is even worse than last WC...

JamDav1982

I doubt argentina is going to be in the latter stages considering their squad is even worse than last WC...

Think the shitness of their squad is over played massively.

Could probably put out front four better than any team bar Brazil.

Need their mids and defence to get organised but even then some decent players but GK and full backs are weak.

I think they will get out the group easily and will be a match for the other top sides.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

IF Real Madrid does not win the CL. IF they win it, it is Ronaldo's unless Messi wins the World Cup.

Joan

I think that it will depend on their defense like it's been the case lately. That's why Sampaoli strikes me as a bad pick.

shadows

Think the shitness of their squad is over played massively.

Could probably put out front four better than any team bar Brazil.

Need their mids and defence to get organised but even then some decent players but GK and full backs are weak.

I think they will get out the group easily and will be a match for the other top sides.

Well..I disagree..their forward players except Messi have bottled it everywhere probingly, national team, UCL etc...their mids now that Masch has almost retired..plus it doesn't help their defence and gk now a days suck as well like before and i am not sure on what basis anyone would root for them even if they have Messi in pristine form..Imagine Messi in his prime and they have Higuain in his prime..and Higuain would still bottle any chance Messi creates for him..Argentina need drastic changes to have any chance for Messi ..

JamDav1982

Well..I disagree..their forward players except Messi have bottled it everywhere probingly, national team, UCL etc...their mids now that Masch has almost retired..plus it doesn't help their defence and gk now a days suck as well like before and i am not sure on what basis anyone would root for them even if they have Messi in pristine form..Imagine Messi in his prime and they have Higuain in his prime..and Higuain would still bottle any chance Messi creates for him..Argentina need drastic changes to have any chance for Messi ..

No they havent and Messi has been poor in the finals also and 'bottled' it at times if that is what is being claimed for other players.

Argentina need Messi to turn up big time as well as the other players to have a chance.

Barca83

Banned
It's going to be embarrassing over the next few weeks listening to everyone here claiming that Argentina's squad is league 2 standard or something.If they went with something like the team below, they would have one of the top 5-8 starting XIs at the World Cup.

If Samapoli could get Di Maria and Dybala to work hard enough defensively and Dybala to stay wide enough so that he doesn't get in Messi's way, I think they'd have a realistic enough chance at the WC.

Romero
Mercado Fazio Otamendi Rojo
Mascherano Banega
Dybala Messi Di Maria
Icardi

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans